brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

BraziBay Register

Go down 
+4
Tallulah
Dennis
AbsintheKombi
TimV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:46 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while ....

The number of Brazilian made VW Kombis here in the UK (and Europe to a degree) is small compared to a mainstream model.  Also, it is now finite.  On that basis, with a view to logging the history of each of these charismatic vehicles, would people be interested in a formal register? Ie. one that logs chassis number, registration plate (and any subsequent change,) colour and changes in ownership.  I'm not suggesting this with a view to creating a mailing list or knowing individuals personal details!  It's all about the Kombis, could it be a benefit to document further each BraziBay's history?

Discuss. Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BraziBay Register Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Interesting. It would certainly be useful to know something of each vehicle's history - particularly for people buying a used vehicle but I'm not sure what the Data Protection people might say!

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Nice idea but could be open for abuse.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
Interesting. It would certainly be useful to know something of each vehicle's history - particularly for people buying a used vehicle but I'm not sure what the Data Protection people might say!

Data Protection will only be relevant if the register stores any personally identifiable information, but in any case registration only costs £35pa I think.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 pm

I can't see any immediate problems if it is set up with certain protections.

Other marques have their own registers, which I believe you can only access as a member, or are in possession of a registration document, so that Joe Public doesn't have access to sensitive information, and these work OK.

Apart from the trace-ability of its history, one upside I believe is that advertising agencies, film makers etc use these registers to contact members (via the registrars) around the country who may be interested in letting their vehicles be used, which can only bring the Brazilian Kombi to the attention of people even more.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:56 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Other marques have their own registers,

Typically, what info do those marques have on their Registers, DL? And what use do they have for the info?

Sounds as though it could be useful but I haven't quite worked out how.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Does this not give anyone wanting to legitimise a stolen vehicle all the info to clone vans?

Matt.

BraziBay Register Img_2014
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Is the BraziBay ever to become as popular and iconic as other classics, probably not. Saying that though I thought the same when I got rid of all my Star Wars figures all those years ago Rolling Eyes

BraziBay Register Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Does this not give anyone wanting to legitimise a stolen vehicle all the info to clone vans?

Only if there is public access to the information, I don't think that's what is being proposed.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Matt wrote:

Only if there is public access to the information, I don't think that's what is being proposed.

Agreed. It's not.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

BraziBay Register Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 pm

I have some experience designing databases for online projects so my advice would be to decide what data you would like to capture and identify which fields are public, sensitive or secure. Assuming for the moment that it is an online database, the different types of data (public, sensitive, secure) would be stored in different database tables so that access can be managed appropriately.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Ok, here's a starter for 10 for the fields we might consider including:

Reg no.
Original Reg no.
Engine (air/water/replaced)
Colour (top)
Colour code (top)
Colour (bottom)
Colour code (bottom)
Conversion by (defined list incl Danbury, VWK, VWDU, Owner)
Pop top (y/n)
Pop top type (defined list, Danbury proto, Danbury, Westy, Spaceroofs etc)
Dub Tub (y/n)
Rear wheel carrier (y/n)
location (closest large Town)
Number of previous owners

thoughts?

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm guessing that if at some stage an owner decides to change colour that the original and new colours would be shown an dates any re spray done?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BraziBay Register Empty
PostSubject: Re: BraziBay Register   BraziBay Register Empty

Back to top Go down

BraziBay Register
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: