brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Shop around for insurance!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

Shop around for insurance! Empty
PostSubject: Shop around for insurance!   Shop around for insurance! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 pm

I saved £150 on the renewal price from Saga [ I lied about my age Smile ] and that wasn't the cheapest! I went with the Caravan Club, they already knew about Brazilians. Excess is £100 less and everything else is the same. I didn't however go with their recommended Green Flag recovery service as although this was about £50 cheaper than the AA, they only give you 1 day car hire if you have a breakdown. BTW the AA are plugging a full service outside your home from £99, anyone tried this? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for insurance!   Shop around for insurance! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Malcolm Eales wrote:
I saved £150 on the renewal price from Saga [ I lied about my age Smile ] and that wasn't the cheapest! I went with the Caravan Club, they already knew about Brazilians. Excess is £100 less and everything else is the same. I didn't however go with their recommended Green Flag recovery service as although this was about £50 cheaper than the AA, they only give you 1 day car hire if you have a breakdown. BTW the AA are plugging a full service outside your home from £99, anyone tried this? Smile

Malcolm, be carefull about lying about your age, should you need to call upon your insurer which I hope you dont have to, they could dismiss the claim as you gave them false info when you took out your cover. I had a friend that that happened to.
Back to top Go down
Andy

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for insurance!   Shop around for insurance! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 pm

I am guessing you are joking about lying about your age...

As I can only see it making a difference if you knocked 40 years off... and would have gone up not down!
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

PostSubject: Good guess   Shop around for insurance! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Well done Andy. Saga house and car insurance used to be very cheap but they would only insure the over 50s but their prices have crept up and become uncompetitive in the last few years. I'm an oap, hence the Smile following my 'lying about my age' to get their insurance Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

PostSubject: The SAGA continues!   Shop around for insurance! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 am

Just phoned my van insurance company, out of courtesy, to let them know I was changing to another company that was £150 cheaper. They said, I should have phoned them first as they may have been able to reduce their quote! So I said, why not give me their best price in the first place to keep my loyalty rather than treat me as a mug? GOODBYE!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for insurance!   Shop around for insurance! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shop around for insurance!
Page 1 of 1