brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Do people ask to borrow your kombi?

Go down 
+4
TimV
Skytiger
docmark
Scooby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
M1CEY

M1CEY

Cabin : Exec 062

kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? Empty
PostSubject: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 pm

When we first bought M1CEY everyone kept saying "oh lovely, I'll hire it from you". Hubby is VERY against this (worried that other people will mess it up in one way or another), and I was in two minds (I worry about insurance, and feeling terrible if something went wrong with it/they had an accident etc).

So, do you lend/hire yours out to friends/family? We won't be as, as I said, Dan is very much against it, but just wondered what others do? And if you don't lend it out, do you still get asked? I had a friend email me asking if I knew anyone round here that hires them out as they want to go away in one - but I'm sure she was angling for borrowing ours.

Part of me feels a bit mean for not lending it out, but I can imagine worrying a lot when it was out - bit like letting your children go to the shops on their own for the first time!

Thanks
Karen
x
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

Personally I've never lent Ginger out for hire for exactly the same reason, she has done two weddings and a prom though. There are a few however that hire theirs out, Tallulah is one.

________________________________________________________________________________
kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 am

We would never hire out Scooby - he's ours and ours alone!

As kiteman says, Tallulah is available to hire, here is a link to their site if you need to pass on details to someone local.

Tallulah

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
docmark

docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:40 am

We bought our camper to both enjoy ourselves and for our children to use for holidays etc. with their families.
We have insurance for any driver - so that works out well with them and their partners!
This has been very successful - only issue is keeping a calendar of who is booking when to use it - to make sure there is still plenty of time for us!
Mark
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 pm

If friends or family ask to borrow the camper, we find new friends and family Wink

Seriously though, I think we'd feel too on edge if someone else had our bus! We'd much rather refer them to those that do hire out their campers.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Other than Paul Brand, no one else has driven my BraziBay since I've owned it (May '09) and I can't see that changing.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
tatty

tatty

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Had the postie knock on my door the other day asking if I hire out. I thought he meant for holidays but turns out a friend of his was looking to get married in one so it wouldn't go out my sight. Felt flattered if I'm honest that they thought it nice enough to be used as such. Still mulling it over, anything I should be wary of should I say yes
Back to top Go down
M1CEY

M1CEY

Cabin : Exec 062

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks all, am glad we're not the only ones who want to keep it for ourselves!! I've given my friend the link to Tallulah.

Cheers
Karen
x
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 am

tatty wrote:
Had the postie knock on my door the other day asking if I hire out. I thought he meant for holidays but turns out a friend of his was looking to get married in one so it wouldn't go out my sight. Felt flattered if I'm honest that they thought it nice enough to be used as such. Still mulling it over, anything I should be wary of should I say yes

I've done a couple of weddings. I drove both times so it wasn't a problem. The only thing to consider is if money is going to change hands then by right I don't think your covered by your insurance if you have an accident. All I did was still get payed but came to an agreement to say that if I was in an accident I'm doing it as a favour, as a friend.

kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 10:32 pm

kiteman wrote:
tatty wrote:

I've done a couple of weddings. I drove both times so it wasn't a problem. The only thing to consider is if money is going to change hands then by right I don't think your covered by your insurance if you have an accident. All I did was still get payed but came to an agreement to say that if I was in an accident I'm doing it as a favour, as a friend.

Sounds to m,e like you were simply receiving a small gift of thanks for your time, effort and loan of some lovely wheels.

Wink

Thanks for the links guys, Tallulah does indeed get hired out however we do try to use her as much as we can ourselves so not that many dates available right now. If anyone mentions the forum when booking I will make sure they get a suitable discount.

Very Happy

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people ask to borrow your kombi?   kombi - Do people ask to borrow your kombi? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do people ask to borrow your kombi?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: