brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
+67
RayC
harryhornet
kiteman
Baydreamer
Scooby
tatty
timmm
Matt
Bumble
Tony880
Voyager
Hemlock
Rebeldog
lynnand steve
stuartmeldrum
Ronnie Ringding
Si How
elliec
eddy
Sunshine Daisy
Surfwagen Stan
BigDubblya
gordonmac
sparkysteve
greeny
Ianvwk
adam ramp
URmysunshine
projectnmt
docmark
greenjc90
Feliz
Kaz
stoneyuk
Firebird
jj123vw
bonnie blue
ianclarke1970
jill
Chezguinness
Happyhouse
EvoFylde
osg
poddy
Bileos
michel_bonn
marcallison
absquatulation
sunny1
dazdub
EJ
primrose
AbsintheKombi
A@C
cavus
MarcusH
Dalesman
JLS 62
beakyboy
irishman
Skytiger
Dennis
dizzylizard
Tallulah
Sunny
TimV
oldskoolsboy
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

TimV wrote:
Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax is the favourite around these parts Bumble.  Epsom Halfords stock it.

This one?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/polish-wax/meguiars-gold-class-liquid-car-wax-473ml

sadly didn't seem to have any Meguiars products when I went in about 5pm today Sad
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:09 am

Yup that's the one.

The Meguiars section in Epsom is HUGE! It's on the rh end of where all the waxes and polishes are.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 pm

TimV wrote:
Yup that's the one.

The Meguiars section in Epsom is HUGE! It's on the rh end of where all the waxes and polishes are.

Ah, that would be this one, then:-

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 20141112

However, I have found it at a much reduced price on Amazon (£11.99 delivered):-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Gold-Class-Liquid-Wax/dp/B001MPST2S/ref=pd_cp_auto_3
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 pm

So what's the difference between:-

Meguiars Gold class liquid wax

and

Meguiars gold class Carnuba plus premium liquid wax

The Amazon people have sent me the latter, when I ordered the former, so need to know if I should insist they send me what I asked for, or am I onto a good thing?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 pm

That's the latest version Bumble. Use it and enjoy the shine.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
tatty

tatty

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Removed my bumpers today to get them sprayed same white as the roof LB9A Candy White together with the roof of the trailer I'm refurbishing. Ordered some new empi rep 5 spoke polished alloys and avon tyres. These will replace the ones on the bus which in turn will go on the trailer so I'll have the same all round so will have multi purpose spare wheel.

Screw holes for the front bumper got some surface rust which I need to sort before they go back on as this was bleeding back through the holes. Not surprising though given the amount of crud trapped behind it - no wonder they have a habit of rusting
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Tatty said
Quote :
Screw holes for the front bumper got some surface rust which I need to sort before they go back on as this was bleeding back through the holes. Not surprising though given the amount of crud trapped behind it - no wonder they have a habit of rusting
Any pictures, please?
osg
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm sure there was mention on another thread about covering the bumpers in a vinyl wrap. I'd be interested if anyone has tried this.
Back to top Go down
tatty

tatty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:30 pm

osg wrote:
Tatty said
Quote :
Any pictures, please?
osg
Pictures of what? Rust around screw holes or crud?
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm

harryhornet wrote:
I'm sure there was mention on another thread about covering the bumpers in a vinyl wrap. I'd be interested if anyone has tried this.

I'm looking into this. Just need to give my bumpers a good clean and de-rust then will get them done. No time frame as yet, just when I get round to it

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:16 pm

kiteman wrote:
harryhornet wrote:

I'm looking into this. Just need to give my bumpers a good clean and de-rust then will get them done. No time frame as yet, just when I get round to it

Scooby could doo with one of those round 'to its' as well - could you pick one up for us kiteman when you get yours, the square one's are no good! Laughing

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 am

ive finally got some interior in! ive gone for a 3/4 width bed this time after loads of soundproofing/ dynamatting and foil insulation going in! had to wear my sun glasses as the reflection was too much when trying to put the bed in! Budget was hit by some welding that needed doing for mot but im getting there! (german not brazillian rust!!) lol
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:25 am

It's a lovely dry morning so I decided to take Eddie out for a cruise. He's been stuck in the garage since the Halloween bash but started 1st time and purred along for a good hour. Im sure he benefitted from getting all that lovely oil around his moving parts.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Gave Tallulah a wash and polish ready for her last minute hire as a birthday treat for a Vdub mad 10yo.

I noticed that the rhs rear mudguard was loose the other day so took it off to avoid risk of losing it - I'll refit it with new bolts when I get the chance.

It's amazing how much muck the mudflap stops, the lhs rear quarter was considerably cleaner than the rhs after only a few days and very little driving.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...

Last edited by Tallulah on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Headed down to the Witterings and went surfing, then chilled on the beach watching the world go by.

Saw Damon Hill whilst I was there as well

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Hope you didn't let him race round in your Kombi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Having not been out in Bumble since the end of October, we went out to Box Hill on Boxing Day (very appropriate! sunny ) Bumble started first time - no problems at all cheers

After a short walk on a cold day, we went back to Bumble and had a kombi coffee and kombi hot chocolate with two of our children who came out with us.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Drove to Market Overton, just north east of Peterborough on Sat 27th, the day after they had 5-10cm of snow Shocked

Tallulah performed brilliantly, slowing down through any icy patches on tip-toes and parked up at our destination on a friends drive which happened to be up a short slope - other vehicles had tried and failed to get up the slope earlier in the day.

We spent the night on the drive with snow all around (roof down, electric blanket on) and headed back late on Sunday evening in temperatures of -10 with ice on the inside of the wondows when we set off!

Once again Tallulah performed impeccably and is now back on our drive having a well earned rest.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Investigated the wiring of the 'not working' fridge - still no obvious answer than 'its broke' Sad

Emptied all of the contents from Scooby ready for some rust/repair/paint treatment later this month.

Although we are using two Pingi dehumifiers in Scooby this winter for the first time, we have still removed the curtains to stop them getting damp.

Swept out the last of the dried mud and pine cones from our New Forest day trip on 29th Dec 2014.

Packed away the last of Scooby's Christmas decorations for another year rendeer

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Img_0310

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Gave Dizzy a good wash after a hectic couple of weeks, and found a rust bubble forming on the tailgate      Evil or Very Mad

Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Imgp2010

Looks like some damp had got down inside the edge weld, so took the door card off and sprayed some ACF 50 down into the gap, it's very liquid, so hopefully it will seep down and do its work. Followed up with a good dose of waxoyl until I can rub it down and repaint.

After watching the car SOS programme highlighted by beakyboy, and seeing that the only way to repair the roof gutter is to cut a chunk out and re-weld a section in, I checked my gutters, and they look like they are going to need another coat of white hammerite in the near future, prevention being better than cure.

Also checked the nearside door switch for the alarm, as a couple of days ago Pat managed to open the door without the alarm going off. The contacts had got surface corrosion, so a quick squirt of ACF 50 sorted that as well. May be worth a check as wouldn't normally be apparent.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Reconnected Max's starter battery after a charge - not been out for 6 weeks! Started on the button, ran a load of stuff to the dump. Met another BraziBay on the way. Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Image10

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Is 'Wiiggy' a Kombi we know?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:13 pm

harryhornet wrote:
Is 'Wiiggy' a Kombi we know?

I don't believe so, I left a card. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Stranded over Xmas with a dead starter motor, took a chance on the 27th dec and phoned vw Kampers, Ian was in the office. Got Mish booked in, bumped started early Monday morning, took him up the road to Ian at henfield. Back on the road today with new starter motor and bush, also got front beam greased while we were there. Starter sounds soooo much better now, big thankyou to Ian and Dave at VW Kampers for Thier prompt service.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Don't suppose you have a record of the part numbers for the starter motor and bush, do you Irishman.

I'm trying to build up a database of part numbers so that the right ones can be ordered on line should the need arise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   Roof - What did you do to your VW today? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: