brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Concorde's final flight

Go down 
+6
Bumble
Tallulah
harryhornet
TimV
Voyager
Scooby
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Concorde's final flight  Empty
PostSubject: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:59 am

On October 24, 2003, Briton looks to the sky as Concorde makes its final commercial flight - read more in the link below:

Concorde

Concorde's final flight  Img_0910

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 am

Warning: don't click on the link unless you have a strong stomach. Jeremy Clarkson and Piers Morgan in the same photo. affraid
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Scary stuff indeed - well Halloween is coming up  affraid

________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Loved that aircraft. Never flew on it but was lucky enough to scramble throughout one in a BA Maintenance hangar once.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Concorde's final flight  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:07 pm

TimV wrote:
Loved that aircraft. Never flew on it but was lucky enough to scramble throughout one in a BA Maintenance hangar once.

I got the chance to walk through one too. I was working for BA during the summer holidays at Uni. I couldn't get over how thin it was.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:17 pm

harryhornet wrote:
TimV wrote:

I got the chance to walk through one too. I was working for BA during the summer holidays at Uni. I couldn't get over how thin it was.

Me too (in one on the ground) and still remember the incredible sound of one overhead as I grew up in its daily flight path.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm

We used to hear it about 11pm in the distance.....still miss the sound
Mrs B
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 5:49 pm

My big brother designed the toilets and systems related to them. Unlike normal passenger aircraft the waste had to be pumped around to even out the weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:14 am

I worked at what was BAC on Concorde's flight test programme for two and a half years. My first flight ever was on Concorde and I was paid overtime as I was supporting the on board crew with cctv monitoring ice build up on the wings. I flew on it about six times in my time at BAC developing equipment that we used in overseas trials to achieve its certificate of airworthiness.
I was lucky enough to travel to New York on business in the 80's and sample the service provided during that short flight.
Happy days
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Also have been on it but sadly only when parked up. As a part timer I was not allowed to work on it, I have been with BA for over 30 years now. Smile
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Remember hearing it regularly, as it flew along the M4 corridor.

There was a 'lap of honour' done a bit later, when it flew up the Bristol Channel and over the Clifton suspension bridge before landing at Filton, where it has sat parked up since.

See it most days on our way to Cribbs Causeway, but it looks a bit forlorn, stuck out in the open succumbing to the elements. Hopefully will be able to have a proper look soon, as I believe a new indoor museum has been authorised to be built to house it.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 pm

One of the best preserved BA Concordes is at the Museum of Flight near Edinburgh. It's been indoors in a dedicated hangar ever since it went up there and was in great condition when I last visited.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Concorde's final flight  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:16 pm

My dad and I had a flight in Concorde. Hard to describe how wonderful it was, so I won't try. Looked great, was great.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 9:56 am

Cool.
Scooby never did manage to have a flight, but we always liked Concorde.
Saw it in flight many times and up close on the ground once.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concorde's final flight    Concorde's final flight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Concorde's final flight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: