brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Ukulele - doo you doo?

Go down 
+6
timmm
Tallulah
harryhornet
kiteman
Bumble
Scooby
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Let's Doo It Cool Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Scooby if I can learn to play the uke then anyone can....it does take practice and best if you can learn with others...me and Josh joined a band who meet and practice every week....really does help! Avoid tricky chords, stick with c, am, a, f, c7, g and g7.....there are a few cheats available for some chords. Get a tuner off eBay/ Amazon for £5...usually a multi type for guitar, use, violin etc.

Happy strumming!
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:57 pm

agree on the tuner. You clip it on the headstock (that's the wooden bit with all the tuning pegs and strings wound round them) switch on and all the fuss of tuning is gone.

Anyone see the program about George Formby the other night? Lots of Uke skills on display.

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 7:30 pm

Scrooby check out the ukelection orchestra of great Britain on you tube doing lady Gagas 'born this way....' at the Sydney Opera house....great performance!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Many thanks for your input Guys Cool
Will need to start soon Wink

Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Scooby wrote:

SOON ??? Get it out, get it tuned, get it played

(or you will go on Santa's naughty list)

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Lessons commence at the weekend
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:37 am

sundialsoft wrote:
Scooby wrote:

SOON ??? Get it out, get it tuned, get it played

(or you will go on Santa's naughty list)

Need to find it first Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am

Als wrote:
Lessons commence at the weekend

OK, guess we shall need to find our Ukulele before then! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:47 am

Just remember. Good Children Eat Apples!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Scooby wrote:

With all this contagious enthusiasm going on, I thought I'd better look for the one my father bought me 60 years ago with the mistaken notion I might actually learn to play a musical instrument  Rolling Eyes

Finally found it in the loft where it has been since. Don't be fooled by the dog eared instruction book, that is age,....definitely not use.  Smile (Never did learn to play it, and it now looks like it needs a bit of tlc, if it's worth repairing, I might give it another go).

Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 Imgp2610
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Yay. The flash mob expands
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:25 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Scooby wrote:

With all this contagious enthusiasm going on, I thought I'd better look for the one my father bought me 60 years ago with the mistaken notion I might actually learn to play a musical instrument  Rolling Eyes

Finally found it in the loft where it has been since. Don't be fooled by the dog eared instruction book, that is age,....definitely not use.  Smile (Never did learn to play it, and it now looks like it needs a bit of tlc, if it's worth repairing, I might give it another go).

Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 Imgp2610

Seems a little more complex than we first thought, but doo let's continue Smile
(even though I doo not have a musical bone in my body Laughing )

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Als wrote:
Yay. The flash mob expands

Safety in numbers Wink

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:02 pm

If you take it to a music shop Scooby, a new set of strings inc fitting will only be a few quid.
Lucky chap, wish that were mine, looks a lovely little thing.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:14 pm

DL - isn't that a Ukele Banjo - as favoured by Wigan's favourite son?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 pm

strings about 8 quid.
Big banjo body was favoured because it was louder. Its still a Uke.
Can't see any obvious damage.

Recommend you get strings and put them on yourself.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Banjolele...

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Yes Abs it's as Sundialsoft says it's a banjo ukulele (banjulele). I think my Dad thought I might emulate George Formby, but musical instruments are a mystery to me, which was a complete disappointment, as all my family could play an instrument of one sort or other.

Some of the veneer is separating on the body, but having done some research on the web (it's an Alvin Keech 'B' type made in 1924)  it looks like it is worth having a refurb, so I'm going to make some enquiries.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 8:50 am

Good for you - it doo look FAB now, so it will be even better after the refurb Smile

We have now 'found' our Scooby Blue Ukulele and so there are no more excuses, we will need to learn to play Shocked

Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 am

I bought my 3 year old grand daughter a red one for her 3rd birthday a couple of weeks ago. She abandoned all her other gifts and carted it around all day strumming the strings.

I tuned it in open tuning so it makes a nice sound without having fingers on the correct places.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 11:16 am

Cannot guarantee 'a nice sound' from the Scooby Uke! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 9:02 am

At the weekend in Glasto Scooby displayed his light blue Ukulele for a short while (blink and you would have missed it) and some sounds were made by strumming the strings!  Shocked
Als very kindly tuned the Uke with a 'digital' tuner and this item is now on our Christmas List!  Wink
If anyone out there is struggling for a present idea you could doo a lot worse than considering a Ukulele.
They are not expensive and you could even colour code it to match your Kombi like Scooby.  Rolling Eyes  
The more people that have one, the more people could learn 'virtually' with Scooby, ready for the Sleepover.  study
Scooby doo need the pressure of a target date to at least play something - and they doo say there is safety in numbers. Smile
Doo please give it some thought, but remember, a Uke is not just for Christmas . . .
Roo b Roo
jocolor

Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 am

My Granddaughter brought her red one when she visited a couple of days ago and I was playing the 'chitty chitty bang bang' theme over and over again on my blue one for her. She seems to think that they are both her's though.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Scooby has yet to fully embrace the 'practice' ethic but there is plenty of time right! Rolling Eyes
Anyway, Mrs S has said she would help and accompany me with another instrument - once she has mastered how to play it that is!!!!
See the shiny and new instrument she has chosen below Laughing
Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 Scooby11
Will definately need support in the New Year if I am to get a tune out of the Uke Smile
Until then, have a great Christmas one and all.
Roo b Roo
jocolor

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukulele - doo you doo?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: