brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Minty - work in progress

Go down 
+10
Scooby
beakyboy
TimV
harryhornet
dazdub
dizzylizard
T2D2
Tallulah
Rachelvw
Pat MoBill
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vladaria

Vladaria

Cabin : Club

Minty - work in progress Empty
PostSubject: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:10 pm

I've had a SplitScreen and a T25 in the past (loved em both) but the Brazilian might end up being my favorite. "Making it your own" is a massive part of the fun for me
and it's definitely getting there...
All help and advice welcome! Smile

We had a long list of "stuff to do" and we're now work in progress - it's exciting!
Any suggestions/advice on any of the things below will be gratefully received.

Stuff Done:
1) It hasn't been serviced for 3 years!! That's all done now and it has a shiny new MOT.
2) There was major play in the steering even more than my old split screen. (RHD conversion from Danbury).
Hubby was particularly worried by this and christened her "Deathtrap"...
This has been completely sorted by Red9 fitting Rack and pinion steering. WHOOP!!
3) Underneath now sorted - we had it coated with an anti-rust anti-stonechip treatment (it's awesome)
4) Disk brakes now fitted front and rear thanks to Red9.
5) New wheels and tyres fitted (Porche Fuchs - they look great).
6) We got a pop-up roof fitted by space roofs - they did a really great job and we now have much more room to stand up (though less room for sitting). Really really impressed with their work.
6) Headlining for the rear of the van (done as part of roof job)
7) Curtains. (Got them they just need fitting)
Cool Interior Job courtesy of Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers (really love the result!) full cards, headlining and seat recover.
9) Replaced Leisure Battery
10) Took all the door cards off fitted Dynamat and Waxolyd all the interiors (including inside the door skins).
11) Lower half panel wrap by The Map Group of Martley - in Seafoam Birdsong with kind permission of Clarke and Clarke.

Issues:
1) After the Red9 fitting it failed its MOT due to the new steering catching the brake lines. I got them replaced locally with new braided ones (which solved that).
2) The speedo now "flickers" and doesn't show accurate speed. You can hear a ticking noise and the needle wavers - not sure why, has anyone else had this? (It stared after the Red9 system was fitted).

Wanted / Questions:
1) Engine - would like it tuned and some parts replacing with better quality German ones + a fire system. Any suggestions on who to take it too - especially someone who could also sort the speedo?
2) Might want chrome bumpers and mirrors and some new interior bits (to replace the wrapped ones). Are they available?
3) Thinking of speakers in door anyone suggest if this works OK? Got anysuggestions on suitable size?
As I don't have a heater are the air vents just decorative? If they are has anyone put a tweeter into it instead?
4) It would be great to have a shelf under the dash to store travel foodstuffs, drinks etc. I don't have a heater in the front, is there a shelf to fit?
5) Maybe like a buddy seat/box to put our mini loo in.
Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks for any help you can give
Nic x

P.S. Possibly for sale:
INTERIOR: The interiors pretty neat and was done by CamperShack but we'd still like to make it our own so have stripped it out. It has a full rock and roll bed, kitchenette inc oven, grill fridge.
Original Steering Wheel.
Ltd to RHD - front steering rack conversion as fitted by Danbury. (Also rear parts too as we had a full disk set fitted).

Last edited by Vladaria on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Here's the interior of the doors - really clean no rust (and there won't be now as it's been Waxoyled to death!)
Attachments
Minty - work in progress AttachmentDSC_2962.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2.3 Mb) Downloaded 36 times
Minty - work in progress AttachmentDSC_2965.JPG
(5 Mb) Downloaded 36 times
Minty - work in progress AttachmentDSC_2966.JPG
(4.4 Mb) Downloaded 35 times
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 7:33 am

Speedo flickering will probably be a kink in cable or route . and the speedo will not be accurate as tyres are different size to standard. Will be nice to see your bay now it's had a lot done Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat MoBill

Pat MoBill

Cabin : Exec

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi vladaria,
I'm on the lookout for a full width R&R bed for my project. What brand is the bed you possibly have for sale? What's the condition? What's the colour scheme? All the usual questions... Is there a photo? And would sell just the bed and not the rest of the interior?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi think Bumble has bagged it (we dont want any cash for just the bed).  Will let you know if you'd like second refusal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi do you have a proper fridge for sale all I have at min is a cool box so looking for something a bit better can you pm price and model and pics pleas
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Rachelvw wrote:
Hi do you have a proper fridge for sale all I have at min is a cool box so looking for something a bit better can you pm price and model and pics pleas

Get one these instead - very useful.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201945519046

royal 3 way camping fridge 240v 12v gas

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Minty - work in progress Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Vladaria wrote:

Wanted / Questions:
1) We'd like the whole exterior repainted top and bottom so want a great paint shop that knows how to take the window seals etc out (and more importantly replace them after). Can anyone suggest someone in the Midlands?
2) Engine - would like it tuned and some parts replacing with better quality German ones + a fire system. Any suggestions on who to take it too - especially someone who could also sort the speedo?
2) Might want chrome bumpers and mirrors and some new interior bits (to replace the black plastic). Are they available?
3) Thinking of speakers in door anyone suggest if this works OK? Got any suggestions on suitable size?
As I don't have a heater are the air vents just decorative? If they are has anyone put a tweeter into it instead?
4) It would be great to have a shelf under the dash to store travel foodstuffs, drinks etc. I don't have a heater in the front, is there a shelf to fit?
5) Maybe like a buddy seat/box to put our mini loo in.
Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks for any help you can give
Nic x

1) BRM coachworks in Epsom (not Midlands, I know, but they have done work on Scooby and Max and are highly recommended). They've also done work on my VW Passat in the past, just recently had Monica's VW Golf and currently have our son's VW Polo - all having been hit by others; we're not that clumsy!
2) You might want to keep the black mirrors, if they're large; most of the chrome mirrors are smaller.
Also have a look at - https://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-brazilian_bay/ and http://www.justkampers.com/vw-brazilian-bay-window-parts.html and https://www.vwheritage.com/
3) We've got speakers in our door - they're low down and not the best; happy to send you some pictures.
4) Shelf under the dash - http://www.justkampers.com/211-857-110-a-bamboo-parcel-shelf-t2-1967-to-1979.html
5) Buddy seat - who bought the one from the sleepover? They may now have a spare one?

P.

Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 am

Rachelvw wrote:

Hi Rachel,
It's got a fridge not sure how proper (we've never used it) but it's part of the kitchen unit so wouldn't be a available separately sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am

Ok thanks anyway, what sort of unit are you going for ya self now do you know I have only seen the Brazilians with the standard units in so would be interested to see what you put in, a Freind of mine makes units for campers and I was tempted to change mine as he could design what ever I needed make use of more space and have more storage but I didn't know wether to change or not. Hope it all goes well
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Got her back from Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers today. They did an amazing job (very happy bunnies). In tribute she now has a proper name "Minty"
Minty interior
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Vladaria wrote:
Got her back from Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers today. They did an amazing job (very happy bunnies). In tribute she now has a proper name "Minty"
Minty interior

Pictures neded! bounce

P.
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 11:17 pm

The link wasn't showing up if you click on "Minty Interior" it should take you to Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYAtH6FVyl/
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Couldn't see the pics on that link
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 am

Tried again using Facebook Smile https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214369042558609&id=1193995156
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 am

It looks great! - minty fresh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 am

Very minty!!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Looks great what colour is the outside going
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 am

Cool & Minty Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 am

Rachelvw wrote:
Looks great what colour is the outside going

Thanks all, we're looking for a pale aqua blue shade for the bottom and candy white for the top
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Go for a classic VW shade ....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Minty - work in progress Melogo11
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 2:04 pm

TimV wrote:

wow wish i would of seen this before deciding on the colour for T2D2!!!

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 pm

TimV wrote:

Thanks Tim, can't see any pretty pastel greens or pale duck egg colours in there though Wink
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 3:59 pm

What about L289 (17) Blue White?
Minty - work in progress Img_0910
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Another search site is

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Volkswagen

You can refine the search to blue or green so you don't have to go through all 4060 Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minty - work in progress   Minty - work in progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Minty - work in progress
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Your Brazilian VW Bay-
Jump to: