brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Replacing the two tube lights in the back with LEDs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

lights - Replacing the two tube lights in the back with LEDs Empty
PostSubject: Replacing the two tube lights in the back with LEDs   lights - Replacing the two tube lights in the back with LEDs EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 am

I have fitted the first of two lights replacing the horrid flickering tubes we have put up with for years. Now (after a coffee) I will do the other one complete with step by step photographs and make a blog which I will link to here.

You simply need to buy two 12 volt LED strip lights of the correct length ready wired and connect a red wire and a black wire.

The old tube fittings and cover are retained together with the switch so it looks the same until you switch on.

I used a large and small star screwdriver, wire snips, wire strippers, a soldering iron, some heat shrinkable sleeve (to insulate the new connections), a stanley knife, a battery drill with small metal bit and a hair dryer.

Total time was under an hour for 1 light.

Always disconnect your van from the mains before doing any electrical work.

Wordpress blog on LED lights

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down

Replacing the two tube lights in the back with LEDs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: