brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 Empty
PostSubject: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm

We've had two successful pre-Christmas gatherings in Birmingham for Christmas markets and curry. Would anybody be interested in reviving it again this year, in the hope and expectation that Covid will be effectively done with? There is plenty of hotel availability at the moment, some with decent prices and free cancellation. Previously we have gone for a mid-November weekend, but it could be later. We could pretty much make any date, but I realise that some will have other events before Christmas (hopefully). The Christmas markets are provisionally scheduled to start on November 5th. Please let me know if you are interested, and if so whether you have any preference for dates.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 5:20 pm

I've been looking again at possible arrangements for this event, but I just want to check the possible interest, and also decide on a date. About 6-7 vans said that they were interested before, could you confirm please, also anyone else who is interested? That would give us a core for a great event, hopefully with others to join in. I'm looking at the last two weekends in November or the first weekend in December. Could you all let me know if you have any preference, or any weekend you can't make? Broad Street will look different this year. The tram tracks have been laid and the road and pavements resurfaced. The tram network has been extended to run to Victoria Square and Centenary Square, and is scheduled to hopefully start running along Broad Street by the end of the year. Two hotels seem to be particularly good value at the moment, the Staybridge Suites on Corporation Street and the Hampton by Hilton on Broad Street. The Staybridge Suites is £149 for 2 nights in November and £177 in December. The Hampton is fluctuating between £130 for 2 nights and £193. Both hotels offer free cancellation and free breakfast. Let me know your thoughts on these. Obviously everybody can make their own choices of hotels anyway, especially since the trams will now make it easier to get around and meet up.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 12:17 pm

I've decided to go for weekend of November 19th to 21st, and have just booked the Staybridge Suites with Hotels.com for £149 including breakfast, free cancellation and pay at hotel. The listed price is £165, but you get extra discount if you register with Hotels.com. Expedia do the same. Hotels.com also offer a free stay for every 10 nights booked with them. The prices for the Hampton by Hilton are going up and down like a yoyo. It looks like they are continually placing limited availability on sale at reduced prices, but not wanting to devalue their general prices. The price was £130 early this morning but is now £193. It's been going up and down for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, with free cancellation it seems sensible to stake a claim for a decent price, but still be able to grab a good deal later.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Booked fri sat and Sunday night Smile

Voyager likes this post

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Booked the Staybridge Suites for the Saturday night. It’s a long way off but at least it’s something to look forward too.

Voyager likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 am

Staybridge Suits booked for Fri & Sat, think it might be a messy one!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...

Voyager likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 12:02 pm

We are now less than a month away from the Birmingham Christmas Markets and Curry Meet, on the weekend of November 19th to 21st. The stalls for the Christmas Markets are now being erected. I need to start making final arrangements, including a restaurant booking on the Saturday. Could all those who indicated that they were coming please confirm, and let me know how many in their party? At last check I had Applebee, Baynes, Beasley, Brain, Davies, Peters, Speechley, Taylor, Votier and Wootton. If I have missed anybody, please let me know. Also, if anyone else wants to join us, details are provided earlier in this thread. Unfortunately prices have now gone up quite a bit at the Staybridge and Hampton, but there are still cheaper options available with Easyhotel, Holiday Inn Express, Ibis, Premier Inn and Travelodge. Since Tim is leaving on Saturday evening I'm checking the option for a lunch booking on Saturday instead of the usual evening. Could those who are arriving on Saturday please let me know if that works for them?

TimV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021   2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 - Possible Pre-Christmas Birmingham Gathering 2021
Page 1 of 1