brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Help with fridge not working

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Greg

Cabin : Club

Help with fridge not working  Empty
PostSubject: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Just been for first camp out and think fridge has packed up, it's making a knocking noise roughly every minute and not cooling any ideas? Fridge is the original so a bit elderly. ☺Is it worth repairing or am I looking at a new one? If new any suggestions for supplier I'm based in Hampshire

2006 Rio Danbury conversion

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 2:43 pm

Chest fridge or side opening one?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Help with fridge not working  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Greg

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 4:16 pm

Hi Tim side opening to the right the fridge is located below a sink unit original Danbury layout cheers Greg.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 9:20 pm

Waeco/Dometic variant then.
These require the leisure battery to be in good health. If that is the case then it’s most likely expired. We like Vitrifrigo fridges as a decent replacement at VW Kampers. We get them from Grassroots Leisure.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Greg

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 pm

Cheers Tim do you know which model I can buy that fits the gap because I think the compressor to the fridge is under my gas bottle in the cupboard next to the fridge leisure battery is new and reads fully charged when connected to campsite hook up.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 8:34 am

C42L with the separate compressor. We relocate the compressor from where Danbury installed it to the base of the centre cupboard. Don't forget you need to add ventilation holes for the compressor.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Greg

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 5:51 pm

Hi Tim I've looked on grassroots website this is the only company that mentions coupling connection available to compressor does that mean I would not have to cut a hole in my cupboard as I think Danbury have built everything around the fridge and compressor cheers Greg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with fridge not working    Help with fridge not working  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with fridge not working
Page 1 of 1