brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

One man and his campervan

Go down 
+7
Dilly
irishman
Wafa55
jj123vw
stoneyuk
TimV
olive
11 posters
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

One man and his campervan Empty
PostSubject: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 pm

New series starting on Tuesday @ 6.30 BBC2. Martin Dorery travelling round Britain foraging and cooking local delicacies. Its a good book so hope the series is as good. By the way he's not in a Brazibay but its still Campervanning cheers
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Starts MONDAY.

Got it Plus'd. Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

One man and his campervan Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 pm

TimV wrote:
Starts MONDAY.

Got it Plus'd. Cool

Opps, I plussed it too Wink
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Just seen advert for programme - got the timer booked for 6.30.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Well I thought it was a brilliant snapshot of campervan life. All the traders should be rubbing their hands with glee. There's nothing better than a telly programme to plant ideas in people's heads!!

The tip about using sea water to boil your spuds in was great.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:28 pm

TimV wrote:
Well I thought it was a brilliant snapshot of campervan life. All the traders should be rubbing their hands with glee. There's nothing better than a telly programme to plant ideas in people's heads!!

The tip about using sea water to boil your spuds in was great.

The spud thing does work, also the mussells for free worked for me last year in St Ives. My niece and nephew loved them. This is what it is all about
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 am

Great show! Shame it wasnt a Brazi Bay though.....The mussells in Charlestown, Cornwall harbour are amazing and such an easy meal to cook with a little white wine, onion and cream...yum yum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Wafa55

Wafa55

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Think the series has been great. Has been pitched just about right, catering for the uninitiated (explaining levelling chocks, how to light the grill) to the converted (enough van eye candy to make spring and the touring season seem a little closer). The guy seems to genuinely love his VWs without any air of classic snobbery or clique. Good on him for genuinely wanting to wander over to the T4 owner for a chat and a tour of her bus. More classic owners like Martin Dorey would maybe get rid of that ridiculous notion of anyone who doesn't own a 40+ year old aircooled original bay or splitty feeling like a second class citizen in the company of some classic-bores. I spent years arguing with people that, yes I did own a proper VW when I had my T25! I reckon he would see beyond our number plates and appreciate our Brazibays for what they are, modern classics, true vws full of character and charm. How long does the series run for?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Well his van is part BraziBay - it's got a Brazilian tailgate on it!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:26 am

Love the show, and a quick note on the theme of classic owners who usually ignore us..... I met an elderly gentleman in Wicks car park who was driving his beautiful 1966 split screen, odd rust spot here and there, but driven regularily and loved. He thought 'Mish' was fantastic, and loved the fact that it's our daily drive, he was even tempted to buy one, so there you go, not all classic owners are snobs!
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

The show is great it's really making us want the weather to improve and get out. If anyone interested Martin Dorey has a book the campervan cook book it's a good read with some great ideas, and it is on offer in asda.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

I think a lot of it is for the camera Tilly. Or he doesn't want to have to clean the hob - I know that feeling!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:30 am

Tilly wrote:
I notice he always sets up a table outside and cooks on a portable hob. Is this just for the benefit of the cameras showing the cooking, or do people really do this I guess to avoid lingering dinner smells in their van?

Hands up who carries a portable hob with them!

We carry a portable hob for that reason, also when we are pitched in a campsite with the awning up, we take our cooker out of Olive and keep it in the awning, it does stop the smells but also gives us a lot more space in the van. Hence why we decided to make and fit our own kitchen cupboards. It only takes 5 mins to do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 am

Tilly wrote:
I notice he always sets up a table outside and cooks on a portable hob. Is this just for the benefit of the cameras showing the cooking, or do people really do this I guess to avoid lingering dinner smells in their van?

Hands up who carries a portable hob with them!
we use a portable hob as a back up and it's nice to use outside we it's sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 am

The Bar-B-Q is the only outside cooking we do Cool
(Recording series - not watched any yet )

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:47 pm

We take a single burner stove with us for a back up, and use it outside with a bbq, but cook inside the van a great deal too, we have an oven and we use it a lot. Even done a Sunday roast in it!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm with Scooby, all the outside cooking is done on a BBQ.

ASDA were selling disposable ones for £1 in their end of summer season sale. brought loads of them ready for this year.

One man and his campervan Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm

kiteman wrote:
I'm with Scooby, all the outside cooking is done on a BBQ.

ASDA were selling disposable ones for £1 in their end of summer season sale. brought loads of them ready for this year.

Disposable BBQ'S no thanks..............the stench of firelighter fuel permeating through to the food which is cooked 10mm above the coals is not cooking. No
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Not a propper BBQ if everything isn't burnt to a crisp on the outside. The lighter fuel helps mask the chard taste of the sausages.

One man and his campervan Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

kiteman wrote:
Not a propper BBQ if everything isn't burnt to a crisp on the outside. The lighter fuel helps mask the chard taste of the sausages.

I have had my fair share of this type of BBQ...................no more for me affraid
Back to top Go down
belgiumbay

belgiumbay

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 am

As we have lucky enough to have europe as our back garden in the summer and its "usually better weather, we very rarely cook inside Daphne come May onwards. The grills job then is only to warm croissants in the morning.

What we have is a two ring electric hob from Carrefour (but i guess asda sell similar) which sits very nicely on a decathlon table, and a very small collapsable (flat) barbie. Though as you get further south in france most campgrounds have comunal barbies which are great to use.

Not only does it mean no odours but more importantly no condensation.

We also have a 500ml 800W electric kettle.

Not the best pic but shows the set up

One man and his campervan Hob10
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

I think last nights show (if you saw it) gives you plenty reasons why not to cook in the van unless you definately have to and haev no alternative. Pan fried venison Exclamation Exclamation It must have stunk the van completely out. And of course those midges, it reminds me of my childhood summers in the West of Scotland Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One man and his campervan   One man and his campervan Empty

Back to top Go down

One man and his campervan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: