brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire

Go down 
+8
Tallulah
Georgy
Kev
kiteman
olive
TimV
Scooby
Matt
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 pm

No inside 'scoob' to report at the moment. I'm sure all the JK guys will be doing their best to keep the day 'on' but if it comes down to H&S because of the conditions, then they may have no option. Fingers crossed we get a let up in the weather - haven't been down to JK for a while.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 pm

The last time we went there must be last summer or possibly even earlier in that year - we were in a 1972 tax free low light cross over Bay back then! Scooby has never been there Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 am

The forecast isn't too bad now for Saturday - warm 21-23 degrees with a bit of cloud cover. No mention of the R word!

Max and I'll be heading down in the morning with the plan to lunch there. I'll have bus stickers/door sill covers and blank button sticker sets on-board if anyone wants anything.

If there's anything JK sell that you'd like me to checkout for you, if you can't make it, please let me know below. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Just had email confirmation - this event is definitely ON!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm

If you waited till the the weather was nice to go anywhere, you would be stuck at home all the time. Very Happy

Glad this is on, unfortunatley too far to travel for me. Have fun though
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Tim:
"Just had email confirmation - this event is definitely ON!! "

Great news - hope to see you there Cool

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Scooby wrote:
Tim:
"Just had email confirmation - this event is definitely ON!! "

Great news - hope to see you there Cool

Look forward to it Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Nightmare!!

A security issue aboard my son's flight tonight has prevented him from coming home. So now he's home lunchtime tomorrow so we'll come straight to JK from the airport. Hope to be there around 2.30pm. Sorry if I miss anyone going in the am but c'est la vie!! Rolling Eyes

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm

affraid

That sounds drastic! I hope everything is ok Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Well it was weird. My son flies with the excellent BA Skyflyer service for unaccompanied children. The Red Arrows were doing a display over the Highland Show at Edinburgh and my 10 year old son's plane was held up at the end of the runway whilst they closed the airspace for the display. Then something happened near the aircraft and the next thing it was called back to the stand and the police requested the flight crew to get off for interview. This is all as described to me by my son and me hearing the cabin announcements while he and I were on the phone.

My ex and I made the decision to de-plane him at 2100 because he'd already been sitting on the plane for nearly 2 hours and he's now flying home tomorrow on another flight. However the original flight is still yet to take off.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Deary me, I wonder what it was that went on near the plane? Strange! Better to be safe.

At least normal service will be resumed tomorrow Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
libelula

libelula

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 am

See you there, should arive around lunchtime, safe journeys all ! :-)
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Just Kampers, nice day out with great food (once restocked from Tesco!) and fab offers.
Smile

Skint now...
Rolling Eyes

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:01 am

Great to shake hands between Kombis in the middle of the road with libelula, to chat with skelly53 and - Talullah - sorry we missed you. Got there just before 3 (M25!!) - looked like it had been a fine day. Oh and we met the oldest Brazilian Kombi in town - Rosie - and she's joined up here. Read more about her in the New Bays section:

Just campers open day 72 14 window bay

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:15 am

TimV wrote
"Well it was weird. My son flies with the excellent BA Skyflyer service for unaccompanied children. The Red Arrows were doing a display over the Highland Show at Edinburgh and my 10 year old son's plane was held up at the end of the runway whilst they closed the airspace for the display. Then something happened near the aircraft and the next thing it was called back to the stand and the police requested the flight crew to get off for interview. This is all as described to me by my son and me hearing the cabin announcements while he and I were on the phone."

I see on Teletext that BA pilots being interviewed after mobile phone thrown from plane onto runway.
osg
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Tim - Glad to hear your son's flight problem got resolved eventually - must have been a nightmare for everyone
We arrived at JK before 11.00am - met up with Libelula for a brief chat
(great colour by the way Libelula, liked the dragon fly logo and the old AA badge)
We did the 11.30 tour
Very interesting how it all started and where they are now - and where they intend to be!
Did not buy anything but enjoyed the look around
Had one or two other jobs to do - left just before 1.00pm
Sorry we did not meet up with anyone else - but theres always Camperjam & the Kombi Sleepover Cool

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Well here's the story as told by The Sunday Mail. I feel for the pilot ... what do you reckon?

BA Pilot throws mobile from plane

Off topic I know, but this did affect our trip to JK.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire   Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Kampers Open Day - 25th June - Odiham, Hampshire
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Past Meets and Events-
Jump to: