brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

I want one of those!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

I want one of those! Empty
PostSubject: I want one of those!   I want one of those! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 am

Writing this in the reception area at Danbury whilst they service Petal. Just back from a test drive of the new power assisted steering system on a standard suspension T2c. Gimme, gimme, gimme! I automatically over-corrected at first and was pleasantly suprised at how the van went exactly where I pointed it and had lost its dog-like tendencies of trying to head for the nearest tree at the side of the road! The weighting of the power assist was just right for me. Easy one-handed steering at a roundabout with plenty of feel (I over-steered at first but soon backed off as I could feel the front tyres scrabbling). With plenty of speed along the straights it felt steady and true. I wonder what it's like with side winds or lorry bow waves on a motorway? Ok, it takes away some of the character but it's easier around town and safer and the van has plenty of other idiosyncrasies to keep me happy. Sorry Petal but I'm now planning Petal II ............
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: I want one of those!   I want one of those! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Sounds like you're having a fun day out Malcolm! I hope to have a go in the PAS T2 at the Volksworld show.

I hope you've shown them your Brazilian VW Bay.com sticker!!!??

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

I want one of those! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: I want one of those!   I want one of those! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm

The sticker was given a tour of the workshop! lol
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
jboa

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: I want one of those!   I want one of those! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 am

PAS sounds like a great bit of kit and would love to have it. I've watched Danburys test drive video and it looks good. But at around £4k its just to expensive. At some point you have to stop throwing money at an already very expensive van. Man I could buy a car for that!
There's a add in Camper and Bus for PAS for a T25 - only £400 and according to creative-engineering.com web site they are developing PAS for bay windows, I wonder how much? or is it the same system that Danbury use, as they also offer rack and pinion steering for Brazilian bays, but only available through Danbury.
I also remember reading a while back about a company that fitted PAS from I think a Fiat on to T2's, for about £2k.

I suspect its a matter of time before a more reasonably price system comes on the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want one of those!   I want one of those! Empty

Back to top Go down

I want one of those!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: