brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Alternator Belt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dylosc

Cabin : Club

Alternator Belt Empty
PostSubject: Alternator Belt   Alternator Belt EmptyFri May 10, 2024 3:59 pm

Have searched the Forum without much success.I had the alternator replaced a few years ago by a very knowledgeable AA man who said at the time that the belt was fine.
I am guessing that it is probably still the original so 16yo now.
Does anyone know what the replacement belt is?
Also had Danbury do the cambelt about 10 years ago but didn't go for the water pump change as well due to the low mileage at the time, it still only has about 35K on the clock, is this something worth considering having done?
Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

Alternator Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator Belt   Alternator Belt EmptyFri May 10, 2024 4:57 pm

dylosc wrote:
Have searched the Forum without much success.I had the alternator replaced a few years ago by a very knowledgeable AA man who said at the time that the belt was fine.
I am guessing that it is probably still the original so 16yo now.
Does anyone know what the replacement belt is?
Also had Danbury do the cambelt about 10 years ago but didn't go for the water pump change as well due to the low mileage at the time, it still only has about 35K on the clock, is this something worth considering having done?

Not sure on the belt, but it's a standard type and the length should be marked on it for reference. (if it hasn't worn off)

Luke on here has them if you can't be bothered to search for the cheapest: https://vankampersparts.sumupstore.com/product/alternator-belt-for-1-4-water-cooled-brazilian-kombi-2006-2014

You're not supposed to leave anywhere near 10 years between cambelt changes on these engines by the way (5 to 6 years is safe) and I think they're an interference type, so in the event of belt failure, the engine gets trashed!! Better get it done as soon as you can! Water pumps are cheap enough too, so do it all at the same time.

Luke has a kit of it all as well: https://vankampersparts.sumupstore.com/product/timing-belt-and-water-pump-kit-for-1-4-water-cooled-brazilian-kombi-2006-2014-2015

I want a commission now if you buy from Luke lol!!

Last edited by Favguy on Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dylosc

Alternator Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator Belt   Alternator Belt EmptyFri May 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Thank's for the advice, looks like it's time for another credit card battering.
Back to top Go down
lukevk

lukevk

Cabin : Exec 083

Alternator Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator Belt   Alternator Belt EmptyThu May 16, 2024 8:39 am

Thanks Favguy.
All parts in stock ready to go
Back to top Go down
https://www.vankampers.co.uk/brazilian-vw-t2-kombi-spares/
Sponsored content

Alternator Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator Belt   Alternator Belt Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternator Belt
Page 1 of 1