www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have a very Happy Christmas!
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am

It should help but to what extent will remain to bee seen. the van was fitted with one for good reason and despite what suspension system is used i felt that it should remain. hence coming up with a solution that retains it.

other factors are ride height and design of pop top roofs. unfortunately these vans have a large flat surface area therefore they will always be prone to wind shear.

As for the rear roll bar i have found the aftermarket bar to be quite stiff. it would be interesting to try one on a Brazilian van though but the results couldn't be guaranteed.

Neil
Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
tjcbhill

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Serious looking kit ! I am very keen to have one fitted. I am assuming you need to tell your insurance company? did that have any detrimental effect to you guys that have had this done ?

Also, silly question but does it cause any complication with your MOT ?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am

@tjcbhill wrote:
Serious looking kit ! I am very keen to have one fitted. I am assuming you need to tell your insurance company? did that have any detrimental effect to you guys that have had this done ?

Also, silly question but does it cause any complication with your MOT ?

It's certainly advisable to tell your insurance company, as per any modification. They wouldn't normally have any issues, as long as they understand that it is a modification intended to improve safety rather than performance, unlike installing a Porsche engine or suchlike. It doesn't cause any issues with the MOT, although to be fair I always take our van to the garage which services it, which is run by a T2 owner and enthusiast.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 am

I am having Red 9 and lite steer fitted by Neil in Oct (red9 10 week delivery) will let you know how it goes. Tim
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will be interested to hear how you get on, Dennis as I am torn between Lite-Steer, Red9 or both !! Whatever I decide I will calling on the services of Neil as I am lucky to be only about half hour away from him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

The man in the vw garage where I have taken mine said about changing all my steering for another one and he was pointing to a t25 so not sure if he meant to that set up he said all supplied and fitted would be around 1500 Euro, if I was to change my steering I would like the red9 and I told him that and he said that was really expensive
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

tjc you are very lucky I am over 300 miles away but the journey will be worth it. Tim
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Are red9 design still in business as there page has not been updated in some time and looks like business is for sale earlier this year
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Yes still in business spoke to them recently. Tim
Back to top Go down
neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm

They are still trading but it's for sale
Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

I was at Red9 about a month ago, and their activities seemed to have expanded since I was there last year. If I had a spare million down the sofa I might consider buying them myself, because I suspect there is still a lot of global growth potential with the right distribution and business development. By the way, as Neil will explain better than me, Lite-Steer and Red9 do completely different things. We had Lite-Steer before Red9, and it made the steering much lighter, but there was still a lot of play. When we installed Red9 it made the steering much more precise, and also gave a better ride due to the coilover suspension. I don't know what Red9 would be like without Lite-Steer. I recall that Ian Harris once said that he had a van in with rack and pinion but no power steering and it was almost impossible to drive, but I don't know whether that was Red9.
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:19 pm

I have just the Red9 system installed and it made the steering alot lighter
The only slight issue is the turning circle is reduced as demonstrated at the sleepover with my boat like turns
Next time we meet Alan have a go in mine to check out the difference without the litesteer
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:09 pm

@MarcusH wrote:
I have just the Red9 system installed and it made the steering alot lighter
The only slight issue is the turning circle is reduced as demonstrated at the sleepover with my boat like turns
Next time we meet Alan have a go in mine to check out the difference without the litesteer

Glad to hear the steering is lighter, is the turning circle very significantly worse or is it a relatively minor niggle would you say ?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't think that the wider turning circle is an issue. You might sometimes find that you need a 4-point turn rather than a 3-point turn, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
tjcbhill

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 pm

@Voyager wrote:
I don't think that the wider turning circle is an issue. You might sometimes find that you need a 4-point turn rather than a 3-point turn, but that's it.
Thanks, I can live with that !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end   

Back to top Go down

New Red9 Design wishbone and R&P front end
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: