brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

November 2011 News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Wow! It’s been a year since Brazilian VW Bay.com went commercial and just look at how we’ve grown. As I write this, membership now stands at 339 which if you compare that with the 1100 or so on thelatebay.com, just goes to show how the Brazilian Kombi scene has expanded over a short space of time. I’d like to thank each and every one of you for your contribution to the site and club, no matter what your level of input.

So what’s been happening? Having taken on advertising since November 2010 I’m pleased to say that the renewals for another year with us are all coming through and it means that our membership to the ABVWC is covered for next year. It also means we’ve been able to purchase a Coleman Event Shelter for use at future shows and events. A number of us had remarked on how cool and useful they looked at a number of meet-ups this year, so now we have our own to park our BraziBays around. I haven’t had a go at building it yet – unlike when I bought my awning I don’t think my lounge is big enough for a trial run!

As a club we’ve been seen in force at a number of shows over 2011. We had a very successful debut at Volksworld in March. All the Kombis on display did the club proud and the interest in them was phenomenal. I was genuinely overwhelmed by the amount of people who were keen to know more about our new T2s, and for me, it completely dispelled the myth that our BraziBays are regarded as a lesser model by the regular VW enthusiast. Those purists who have been dismissing our Kombis seem to be changing their stance, particularly when the subjects of fuel economy and running costs arise. Buying and running a Brazilian Kombi is probably better value now than it has ever been. Second hand values in particular make a new T2 a very attractive proposition in comparison to a decent classic. Given the state of the economy, it looks like the campervan trend is set to continue as people look for getting more ‘cheaper’ time out during their year. I reckon we’re going to see more BraziBays doing the school run in the future as more people realise that the Kombi is a multi-tasking vehicle, particularly as it can have modern options now such as power steering. It’s like the ‘70s all over again. Except without Jimmy Saville – RIP Sir Jim.

Danbury Day in April was excellent and well received on both sides. I’d like to see more interaction between us as a club and members of the trade – it can only benefit all of us. Open days are always fun and useful. Advertisers please take note!

Stonor Park was a fantastic setting with a good turnout from both us and the weather, but not a mobile phone signal – so if you’re planning on attending next year, you have been warned. I have mentioned it to the ABVWC to highlight the lack of signal there in the info for future shows. You may of course not wish to be contacted by the outside world, in which case Stonor is ideal!! I can’t remember playing rounders on a sloping hill ever before!

Camperjam was better than a lot of us expected and for many has overtaken Vanfest as ‘the’ VW show of the year. Tickets for next year’s show are now on sale and camping is by advanced booking ONLY. Should you wish to join the club pitch use the drop-down menu on the Camperjam website and choose ‘Brazilian VW Bay’ when ordering your tickets.

Then we had our first very own event – The Kombi Sleepover, which by all accounts was enjoyed by everyone, to the extent that we’re going to make it an annual event. Thanks to VW Heritage for sponsoring this year’s meet, Scooby left Banbury £100 richer in tokens to spend on their BraziBay. Next year we’re going to start an annual competition called ‘Star Kombi’ where all new T2s attending will be judged and voted on by everyone there. A trophy will be awarded to the winning BraziBay and entitle that new T2 to the title for a whole year! We’re also looking at combining a World Record attempt for ‘most Brazilian VW Campers pitched together’ with the event. More details to follow.

The weather then took a turn for the worse and attendance at a lot of VW shows suffered, however all came good for the Brighton Breeze which a number of members cruised along to and soaked up the autumnal rays.

One thing the poor weather hasn’t affected is the spirit and activity on the forum. Throughout the year, the site has seen a continuous expansion of BraziBay related topics. So much so that I needed to call in more help and along with Kiteman and Irishman, who moderate the entire site along with me, Scooby joined as moderator of the ‘Out and About in your Brazilian Bus’ section. Here’s a few words from him:

There are plenty of VW Shows and Festivals to consider next year, from one day events to four night stays at various locations around the country.

So far on the Forum we have endeavoured to highlight the 2012 events that have dates and/or a website for the 2012 season. To-date there are in excess of twenty venues listed – others will be added as and when details become available – and by your response to each one so far it would appear as though there is already a keen interest in next years’ events. Remember you can also add an event – it is your Forum.

Early in the year is Campermart and Dubfreeze for those of you who will venture out during the first couple of months of 2012. However, for many the season starts at the end of March with Volksworld. This is a very sexy, popular and well attended event. We as a Club officially attended for the first time last year – attracting considerable attention for BraziBays in the process. We are looking to do so again in 2012. If you have not been before it is well worth considering – see the Forum for further details.

As we enter into April and May the number of events increase. Clearly the location and the type of event on offer impacts upon your decisions regarding which event to attend. However, we would perhaps direct you to The Dazdub Do in May 2012. This event is the first of its kind, an informal gathering for BraziBays and their owners in the small village of Fairbourne – thanks Daz for hosting.

By June and July the VW season is in full swing with events popping up everywhere. There are however two events we would wish to highlight at this stage. The main event for BraziBays in 2012 must be the Kombi Sleepover in June. Last years initial event was FAB – if you missed it do not miss this years’ event – it will be bigger and better. This is followed by Camperjam in early July – a great show with a good vibe – another must attend event!

Not many events have yet been posted for August and beyond – after all it is only November 2011 – but watch this space. However, included in the current list of events is a unique opportunity in July and August for camping in London during the Olympic Games. This may or may not appeal, could depend upon whether you have tickets, but either way it will certainly be a one off.

Well that concludes our initial look into next years’ events – if there is something you think we have missed please post it on the Forum.

Scooby

So there’s plenty to look forward to. I’m completely aware of how busy life gets and how folk’s schedules get filled months, if not years in advance. As a club we plan to attend the following:

Volksworld
VW Expo – Stonor Park
The Kombi Sleepover
Camperjam
The Brighton Breeze

If you could make at least one of those it would be fantastic to see you there.

In the meantime, the winter months bring an excellent opportunity to sort out any niggling issues you may have on your BraziBay, get it serviced or even enhance it with some new features for the coming year. There’s a wealth of knowledge on the site just waiting to help you and don’t forget if it’s not covered, then why not write about it yourself?! Photo how-to topics are very popular with our members so if there’s something you’re planning then keep the camera nearby. We get discounted rates at all the major parts suppliers now – make sure you remember to use them!

So that wraps it up for this newsletter. I look forward to seeing you on the forum and hopefully in person at some point at one of the events next year. Enjoy life with your Kombi and thank you again for being part of Brazilian VW Bay.com.

Tim Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

November 2011 News Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Thansk for the update Tim - hopefullly we'll get to at least one show/meet in 2012.

Can I just add a big thanks for all the work you do on the site? - much appreciated and such a friendly bunch of people.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 pm

No problem - very much appreciate your post.

I'm very proud of the community we have built here. I'm a member on a couple of other forums and although I'm biased, in comparison we have a very positive and as you say friendly crew here.

Long may that be the case and please spread the word, we want all owners both current and future to know that we're here and willing to help.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

November 2011 News Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks for the update, Tim. I echo too, what Walmsleys posted. My only regret is I found the site after Vanfest this year, I must pick up some flyers to spread the word. You say there are 340 members, but I would say that although that's 'registered' members, when you include wives, partners, family members etc the forum 'community' is larger than at first sight, and is something that you can be proud of. (sycophant bit is now completed!). We look forward to meeting up with as many members as possible next year. cheers Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ManxCamper

Cabin : Club

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 pm

we will be at camper jam
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Tim, been busy, so this update was very useful! Thank you!

I'll definitely go to at least one event next year! cheers

Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

November 2011 News Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2011 News   November 2011 News Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2011 News
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: