brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Tried & Trusted Recipies

Go down 
+2
Tallulah
stephenjedward
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

Cabin : Economy

Tried & Trusted Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi all, aside from having fun in our kombi, I also love to cook (and eat/drink, BBQ & play guitar...)

As this will be our first kombi season, Im interested your go-to recipies, or those that you are wanting to try.

Aside from BBQ (more on that later) - do you have any killer one-pot wonders - do you approach camping as a full on foodie, or are you a beans on toast kind of person. DO you experiment or stick to what you know....

Im going to compile a few great 1 ring recipies to try over this year, probably starting by adapting a thai curry recipe.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm with you on the cooking front and really enjoy being craetive with the two gas rings and grill in Tallulah.

Pasta dished a reasonably straight forward, we have a nice deep pan that works well for creating the sauces, avoid fish or anything else that leaves a lingering smell - or cook that outside on teh BBQ, but apart from that go for it!

I cooked Thai Green Chicken Curry for 4 at last years VanFest and pasta with various sauces for 6 and 8 at other times.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Normally keep it simple when away, saves on the washing up

________________________________________________________________________________
Tried & Trusted Recipies Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Wasn't a problem at VanFest, just left the pots and plates out in the rain!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

NorthPoles

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Stephenjedward - what a great topic you have chosen!

We are incorrigible foodies and always have van fridge stacked either with key ingredients or some goodies prepared at home - for a short trip rather the latter - last weekend trip to Lakes it was "3 meat and aubergine" pasta sauce and chicken tagine for the next day. Like Talluah we avoid frying fish or meat inside the van.

Grill is great for warming pitta bread pockets or tortillas and then stuffing them with either cold or warm ingredients. My husband's last idea was wholegrain pitta with houmus, avocado, ham and rocket salad (we just happened to have those things). Simple and really good.

And we have Martin Dorey's book as well, of course...
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:33 am

NorthPoles wrote:
Stephenjedward - what a great topic you have chosen!

We are incorrigible foodies and always have van fridge stacked either with key ingredients or some goodies prepared at home - for a short trip rather the latter - last weekend trip to Lakes it was "3 meat and aubergine" pasta sauce and chicken tagine for the next day. Like Talluah we avoid frying fish or meat inside the van.

Grill is great for warming pitta bread pockets or tortillas and then stuffing them with either cold or warm ingredients. My husband's last idea was wholegrain pitta with houmus, avocado, ham and rocket salad (we just happened to have those things). Simple and really good.

And we have Martin Dorey's book as well, of course...

cool that's setting the standard cheers
Back to top Go down
jill

jill

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi
As I don't have much time for cooking at home, I enjoy trying to be inventive and cook something nice whilst away in the camper. I was wondering whether to get either a Remoska ( from Lakeland) or a halogen cooker for when we are hooked up , to have a bit more versatility. Does anyone have experience of either ?
thanks Jill
Back to top Go down
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:53 pm

so getting round the topic of BBQ, these guys are kind of my heroes... come rain or shine always 'gud cookin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIoJkaeQbk

subscribe to their channel - you won't be disappointed :-)
Back to top Go down
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

stephenjedward wrote:
so getting round the topic of BBQ, these guys are kind of my heroes... come rain or shine always 'gud cookin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIoJkaeQbk

subscribe to their channel - you won't be disappointed :-)

Thought Id share a recipe that I tried at the Kombi Sleepover. I got it from the CoolCamping cookbook. Its called a 'Mermaid Omelette' by adding stawberries, smoked salmon and fresh basil. -- sounds wierd but the tastes really work (assuming you like these ingredients individually...

[img]Tried & Trusted Recipies 7433100558_6276e8f920 IMAG0144 by stephenjedward, on Flickr[/img]

PS dont add ketchup - that DOESN'T work - trust me :-)
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Looks and sounds good - Your BBQ meal looked good on Saturday night too
Perhaps you, Olive and one or two othere should of had a "Bake Off" - maybe next time
Rooby Roo
flower

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Haven't had a chance to do any 'proper' cooking in Tallulah yet this year, but we did cook Spag Bol for 12 in Tallulah a few weeks ago in Wales!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tried & Trusted Recipies   Tried & Trusted Recipies Empty

Back to top Go down

Tried & Trusted Recipies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-