www.brazilianvwkombi.com
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
27th September it's BraziBay Pride Day!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 
 

 Door Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

avatar

Cabin : Exec 013
Location : Leyland, Lancs
Posts : 5593
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Door Cards   Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm thinking of looking for some Door Cards at Volksworld next weekend but I'm unsure of how far you can go with them.

I've got this panel which extends behind the grill/hob - how easy woud it be to fit one there? Would I have to dismantle the grill, hob, etc?



Do they come with cut-outs for the socket, etc?

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR


Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

avatar

Cabin : Exec 015
Location : Merseyside
Posts : 897
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

We are pleased with our doorcards from Newton.
I had the same worries about the panel that goes behind the kitchen unit.
In the end we bought only the two cab panels, the sliding door and the rear hatch but stuck to the original colour of black.
We also didn't disturb the panels at each end of the rock 'n roll bed.
I didn't want any warranty issues from disturbing Danbury's good work.
If you choose a different colour then remember that your existing door furniture is still black.
osg
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

avatar

Cabin : Exec 013
Location : Leyland, Lancs
Posts : 5593
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Osg - I hadn't thought about the door furniture. I was going for cream with green "piping" to match the interior.

Has anyone else had this issue? Will it look ok with black handles?

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR


Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Skytiger

avatar

Cabin : Exec 008
Location : Central Scotland
Posts : 1559
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm

You could always change your handles to MCJ One's, just a thought Wink

You would need to cut the hole for the socket but would give you a chance to move it if you didn't like it where it was.
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England
Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 pm

When we had our door cards done 2 years ago, we told the chap to do just the front seats, front door cards, full width rock and roll bed, plus the sliding door door card, as that was easy to do - in relative terms. When we went to collect it he had done everything - all the doors, the rear door, side panels, the seats, everything - even the bit down the side of the cabinets - not sure if he took everything out - but it looks brilliant - and he moved the double socket - all for the price of what we had originally asked for! No pics to post I'm afraid but will be on the Brazi bay stand at Volksworld next Sunday if anyone wants to see.

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

avatar

Cabin : Exec 013
Location : Leyland, Lancs
Posts : 5593
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:13 am

JLS - who did them for you?

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR


Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
JLS 62

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England
Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

We used the company below for two reasons: 1. they were recommended as a friend of ours had his driver seat unpicked and a bolster sown in and 2. they were local. They were fantastic.

http://www.classiccarservices.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

avatar

Cabin : Exec 008
Location : Central Scotland
Posts : 1559
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm


Thats some transformations in the gallery section Smile
Back to top Go down
Batman

avatar

Cabin : Exec 072
Location : Central Dorset
Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 am

I've simply done this with mine







They are sprayed with a special Vinyl paint that sticks like the preverbial to a shovel! - It's made by Tetrosyl
Back to top Go down
NorthPoles

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : York
Posts : 252
Join date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Batman

Nice ones! Looking really smart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retro-holidays-camper-hire.co.uk
olive

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : West Essex
Posts : 918
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Just fitted our rear section with Newton panels in their cream finish, at the same time insulated all the panels to keep us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Great job
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Germany, near Cologne- Bonn
Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:19 pm

@tim: it looks very good. you have so much ideas for us all. i am happy to know you. in the last time i wanted too to brush up my van insite. i think i painted my door cards too tim. in other colours but same way. what for paint have you done?
and at last, i have behind the doorcards acustic mats insinte of the doors. what can i use to make it on the door ? the "pins" are too short. i need longer ones for me. the pins are going always by closeing the doors loose. but the arcusticmats are wonderfull for sound and cooling the van.

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Ronnie Ringding

avatar

Cabin : Exec 082
Location : Perranporth, Cornwall
Posts : 174
Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 pm

We decided to have a go at covering our own door cards (amongst other cards too).
Trip to The Range to get some plastic (I think they call it oil cloth).
Ordered JK door cards J12423 said they are for Brazilian Bays too. Hmmm. They've changed that since my review.

Thought I'd buy these instead of cutting my own. Good sturdy product and covered well with Nornfest glue J11335. However, the mounting hole cut outs do not line up with my Air-cooled Bay. Only the window winder and door latch did. All is not lost. If you use clips like J31109 or J10562, these push into the cut holes and line up with the Brazilian doors. (Lay the old one over these cards and mark the positions). You will need to drill holes for the door handle and Vent (which is a different shape from 1979 T2 vents). And Voila!
Here's one I did earlier....












________________________________________________________________________________
I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk
Bumble

avatar

Cabin : Exec 049
Location : Surrey
Posts : 827
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Ronnie Ringding wrote:
We decided to have a go at covering our own door cards (amongst other cards too).
Trip to The Range to get some plastic (I think they call it oil cloth).
Ordered JK door cards J12423 said they are for Brazilian Bays too. Hmmm. They've changed that since my review.

Thought I'd buy these instead of cutting my own. Good sturdy product and covered well with Nornfest glue J11335. However, the mounting hole cut outs do not line up with my Air-cooled Bay. Only the window winder and door latch did. All is not lost. If you use clips like J31109 or J10562, these push into the cut holes and line up with the Brazilian doors. (Lay the old one over these cards and mark the positions). You will need to drill holes for the door handle and Vent (which is a different shape from 1979 T2 vents). And Voila!
Here's one I did earlier....




I like the outcome, your door layout (with the added pockets) is almost identical to ours.

The first picture - the new JK door card? - looks nothing like what you've ended up with; did you just end up covering the old ones?! bounce

P.
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Ringding

avatar

Cabin : Exec 082
Location : Perranporth, Cornwall
Posts : 174
Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Bumble wrote:


I like the outcome, your door layout (with the added pockets) is almost identical to ours.

The first picture - the new JK door card? - looks nothing like what you've ended up with; did you just end up covering the old ones?! bounce

P.

Good Spot.
The one I showed during covering was a new JK one for the RH door.
The last picture was the LH Door I had done earlier by just covering the old card (which was still in good condition).
However, they are identical layout and shape, just opposite doors.
The first picture shows where the JK holes are verses the marked holes I made from laying the old card over it.
The late bay handle positions are already cut out. If you didn't want to drill out the card for the Brazy door handles, you
could buy the original handles, as there are square holes in the door in the same place as those pre cut outs to mount them.

________________________________________________________________________________
I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk
tjcbhill

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Bexhill, East Sussex
Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Sorry if this question has already been asked. Are the aquabay door cards the same as the late bay ones ? I want to replace mine with 2-tone panels. I know the NC ones are popular but I have seen others that also look the business but don't mention the T2c ?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
avatar

Cabin : Flight 001
Location : Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
Posts : 12360
Join date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 pm

tjcbhill wrote:
Sorry if this question has already been asked. Are the aquabay door cards the same as the late bay ones ? I want to replace mine with 2-tone panels. I know the NC ones are popular but I have seen others that also look the business but don't mention the T2c ?

Not the same - better!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
tjcbhill

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Bexhill, East Sussex
Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm

TimV wrote:
tjcbhill wrote:
Sorry if this question has already been asked. Are the aquabay door cards the same as the late bay ones ? I want to replace mine with 2-tone panels. I know the NC ones are popular but I have seen others that also look the business but don't mention the T2c ?

Not the same - better!

Sorry, let me rephrase that, will late bay door cards fit without modification??
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
avatar

Cabin : Flight 001
Location : Leatherhead, Surrey, UK.
Posts : 12360
Join date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 pm

tjcbhill wrote:
TimV wrote:
tjcbhill wrote:
Sorry if this question has already been asked. Are the aquabay door cards the same as the late bay ones ? I want to replace mine with 2-tone panels. I know the NC ones are popular but I have seen others that also look the business but don't mention the T2c ?

Not the same - better!

Sorry, let me rephrase that, will late bay door cards fit without modification??

Not without modification.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
tjcbhill

avatar

Cabin : Club
Location : Bexhill, East Sussex
Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Door Cards   Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks Tim.
Back to top Go down
 
Door Cards
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: