brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Out of hibernation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:15 am

Now the winters gone and the salt is washed off the road Olive has come out from her winter den. She will be 3 on the 1st of May so MOT was required, she passed with flying colours this week. She has had a general tidy up and we had to refit the Amigo kitchen unit (with some modifications) due to the insurance going sky high. For this summer the white trim on the mirrors, hubcaps and light rims are off, she will now be sporting new shiny chrome trim on these parts. Now prepared for the summer ahead, today we are off to Constable country to try out our recently acquired inflatable Advanced Elements sea kayak, but not on the sea, we will be on the river Stour. Other trips booked so far are
North Norfolk coastline
Kombi sleepover
Lyme Regis
St Ives
St Palais Sur Mer

We did try for tickets for the Car Festival but had no luck. We may try and go to Latitude.

Let the good times roll
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:22 am

Always good to pass the MOT - well done
When fitted can you post some pics of the 'upgrades'?
We also tried for Carfest tickets without luck
Bring on the summer
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Congrats on the MOT Olive, doesn’t matter how sound your vehicle is, it’s always an anxious time!

“we had to refit the Amigo kitchen unit (with some modifications) due to the insurance going sky high”.

Why did you have to refit the kitchen Olive, what bearing did this have on your insurance?

________________________________________________________________________________
2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 pm

£165 difference as they classed my own kitchen as a DIY, which it was but no different to the Amigo, what you get with the Amigo is a kitchen cupboard with a hand pump tap and a removable plastic washing bowl. They didn't class mine as a factory fit, anyway it's back in and I have taken out the tap as we don't need one to make some additional work top with a few storage pieces from our Skandinavian friends.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

That seems very petty, my interior is all DIY and I had some issues with the main insurance companies, that is why I went to Comfort as they were fine.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 pm

If anything it gives Olive a different look this summer, with the minor adjustments we seem to have the same amount of storage as our own build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out of hibernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of hibernation   Out of hibernation Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of hibernation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: