brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!

Go down 
+6
dizzylizard
Roobarb
TimV
dazdub
kiteman
El-Camper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
El-Camper

Cabin : Economy

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Empty
PostSubject: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi,

I've been living in Madrid Spain for the last few years but in Nov i'm coming back to the UK. I had hoped to buy a camper a few years ago to bring down here but change of registration looked complicated and with a type not really understood by the spanish.

So the time has come!!! I love the look of the New Danbury's and with Air Con now as well (has any one got any feedback- how have they fitted it and is it good?)...........

But I also still love the look of the 1970's Vans.......

Has any one owned both? Which do you prefer? And I've been told the new Vans rust to the ground in less than 10 years- true or false?

Thanks for your help and info- I can't wait to have either and start living the dream!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Don't think the Air con is really needed for the two hot days we get over here.
I've seen the Danbury Air con, if it's still the same as when I saw it, It's fitted to the underside of the roof, right at the back above the engine bay, so not sure if you would actually feel the affect that much.
Personally I don't think it's needed over here just open the quater light window and blast the air right onto you.

If you look after the body work and get it propperly sealed and rust proofed you shoudn't have a problem with rust. There are loads over here that are 10+ years old that are fine.

________________________________________________________________________________
Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:37 am

Hi like Kiteman said you need to get it treated with anti rust like waxoyl as the Brazilian bays have no rust treatment at all I have had a 66 split as a Daley for 8 years had a 68 72 74 bay and 3 t25 and my brazilian it a lot less trouble I drove all the way to Spain in my brazilian bay not a single prob I was lucky if I got to Newquay and back from wales in the splitty as all the parts are so old at least with a Brazilian all the parts are new and if you fit all new parts to an old vw you are fitting Brazilian parts .I would not change my brazilian bay for a 70s one . The Brazilian will need a bit more care than the new t5 but you won't smile half as much in a t5 Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 am

I concur with all the above - owning a BraziBay gives you a new angle on life. Superb as they are, you won't get that with a T5.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

I too concur, and as far as air con is concerned, trust me, you'd be better off getting the petrol heater fitted - we are talking good old Britain here. Very Happy

Buy into an old bay or splitty and however shiny it looks, you'll be buying an unknown quantity.

Buy a T5 and you get an easy to drive, reliable form of transport. But it's not a bus...

Buy a Brazi and you'll get a unique mix of old and new, plus a bunch of very strange mates to go with it! Shocked
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 am

Roobarb wrote:
plus a bunch of very strange mates to go with it! Shocked

I trust that is a generalisation, and you are not 'casting nasturtiums' in any particular direction, Roobyroo. lol!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:48 am

dizzylizard wrote:

I trust that is a generalisation, and you are not 'casting nasturtiums' in any particular direction, Roobyroo. lol!

That's some form of flora isn't it?!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Its what my daughter says instead of 'aspersions', anyway with reference to the flora, I never could tell the difference between talk and mutter.
Told you I was strange. Laughing
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Surely casting nasturtiums would involve some sort of caper!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Lulu

Lulu

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am

Absinthe wrote:
Surely casting nasturtiums would involve some sort of caper!

Big LOL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Roobarb wrote:
plus a bunch of very strange mates to go with it! Shocked

I'm not sure about flora or fauna for that matter. Absinthe's Camper jam 2012 Whigfield video - I say no more... Laughing
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 pm

This one?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Roobarb

Roobarb

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 pm

That's the puppy.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Absinthe wrote:
This one?
Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 pm

wash it ,polish it ,underseal and waxoyl it,dont be lazy ,it cost a lot of money so look after it ,im sure a lot of the older buses would have lasted longer if people looked after them better.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 pm

So true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

lilyvdub wrote:
wash it ,polish it ,underseal and waxoyl it,dont be lazy ,it cost a lot of money so look after it ,im sure a lot of the older buses would have lasted longer if people looked after them better.

I thought they were all new names for the dance moves in the video before I realised you were responding to the original post!

lol!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

LOL !!!!!wheres kiteman when you need him??????
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Looks like we've got loads of dance moves to practice for next years sleepover. afro

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!   Returning back to the UK so now the time has come! Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning back to the UK so now the time has come!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: