brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Dog friendly places near yate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Dog friendly places near yate Empty
PostSubject: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm

We're booked into Danbury for a service in late September and we were planning to take the courtesy car and go to Bath. Trouble is they don't allow dogs in the courtesy car so we'd not be able to take Boris.

We're staying near Burford in the Costwolds on the Fri and Sat nights so would like to have him with us for the weekend.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places we could spend the Friday that are dog friendly and are within walking distance of Danbury or can be accessed using the train from Yate station? Are there any National Trust properties with parkland in the area?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

I think your best bet is to ask the staff at Danbury for some local knowledge, Martin.

I have been scratching my head and can't think of anywhere offhand. Nearest NT is Dyrham Park, but they only allow dogs in the car park, and there is no nearby railway station.

If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

________________________________________________________________________________
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           Dog friendly places near yate Signat11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks DL. Maybe we could get the train to Bristol. Do you know if there are any parks near the centre?

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Absinthe
Have a look for Castle Park just a short walk North West of Temple Meads which would be your arrival rail station. Lots of shops on the other side of the park.

But if you really want to go to Bath then the train into Bristol Temple Meads continues straight through to Bath.

Another idea would be to walk the section of the Frome Valley Walkway from Danbury to the lovely small village of Iron Acton - Pub Lunch there or a Garden Centre to visit. Not too far but some open land for the dog on the way.
see pages 10,9,?8 on http://www.fromewalkway.org.uk/frome_valley_booklet.pdf

osg
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:47 pm

The nearest park to Temple Meads is Ashton Court, (where the balloon festival is held) its about 2 and a half miles away though. To be honest, I'm not a local, but I'll ask Pat when I see her Thursday, see if she has any suggestions.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           Dog friendly places near yate Signat11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

That option looks perfect. Thanks osg.

You not coming to the Northern Meet next month?

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 am

Absinthe
If you do go via the Frome walkway the path is signposted but it's quite a challenge to keep to the route. I think there are two pubs with food at lunchtime - one at either end of the Iron Acton village. But we walked through to the Gardencentre on the main road and ate there.

On another Danbury visit we walked the Frome walkway in the opposite direction ( again challenging to keep to the route) to Chipping Sodbury - a bigger place than Iron Acton.

Apart from the Kombi Sleepover we don't attend meets or shows - might be able to join in the Sunday visit to Reeth if you do that.

osg

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 am

Thansk osg - It would be great to see you in Reeth if you could make it.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog friendly places near yate   Dog friendly places near yate Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog friendly places near yate
Page 1 of 1