brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Mobile version of site, Wndows 8

Go down 
+2
AbsintheKombi
Sunny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 Empty
PostSubject: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Having commented previously on the difficulties of this mobile version of is site under Safari on an iOS device (namely unable to login), I've had the opportunity to try the mobile site again under Windows 8. Sadly the same problem exists; there doesn't appear to be a way of logging in when the mobile version of the site is viewed.

I've a new Nokia Lumia 820, running Windows 8 phone, or whatever it's called, and tried to look around. On first navigating here, as expected I'm presented with the mobile version. However, clicking the link to the Classic, desktop version fails to bring move away from the mobile site. Worse, there is no way to log in, so I'm stuck with viewing only and can't post anything. Actually, the mobile version is IMHO horrible, so I don't bother viewing and after trying to get the Classic version and failing, gave up. (I'm posting this from my iPad, on the Classic version of the site, using Opera, which at least lets me get away from the mobile site. Still can't get Safari to work properly here.)
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 pm

That's weird because the Safari version works fine for me on my IPad and iPhone.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Absinthe wrote:
That's weird because the Safari version works fine for me on my IPad and iPhone.
What, the mobile version allows you to log in? I get no buttons on either safari or WP8.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/73/31/62/image13.jpg

I'm logged in here on my iPad.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:26 pm

You cannot login on the mobile version. That's a common characteristic to Forumotion sites. It's purely for simple reading.

I'm on my iPad 2 right now using Safari on the Classic mode. All is well, as usual. The only problems I have experienced was writing pms, but that seems to have gone away, probably in a recent update by Forumotion.

Sunny, don't forget the operating software of this site is supplied by a third party, one that I have no control over. They provide it FREE, and consequently you get to use the site for FREE too. If we need to switch to another form of forum software, I'd need to buy it, which means I'd have to charge for membership. I don't wish to do this.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Ok Tim, no worries. I was just trying to be helpful in reporting "issues". Wasn't having a winge, honest, even if it is annoying. Oh and thanks for the update about the mobile version. Didn't know that. Shame we can't use Tapatalk.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Indeed Sunny -Tapatalk would be ideal but again it's out of my hands.

Now more importantly, when did you last wash your van?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 pm

TimV wrote:

Treated Scooby to a Meguiar's Wash over the weekend after removing the rack for the winter!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:01 pm

TimV wrote:
Yikes, are the Kovert Kamper Kops out and about? Shocked

Actually, getting back to the original issue, any reason why the link to the Classic version of the site doesn't work and I just stay on the Mobile site? I wouldn't worry about the Mobile site being read only if I could actually get to the Classic site but under WP8 it stubbornly sticks to Mobile. Given the power of my new Lumia 820 (and most modern phones) and a healthy data allowance, the need of a mobile site is debatable.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm

What hapeens if you re-type the address into the navigation bar?

Right at the bottom of the mobile site there should be a link to the classic site. If I click that it takes me straight to the full site on both my phone and PC

Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 pm

kiteman wrote:
What hapeens if you re-type the address into the navigation bar?

Right at the bottom of the mobile site there should be a link to the classic site. If I click that it takes me straight to the full site on both my phone and PC
Yes, i knew about the link but all previous attempts to click it refused to work and I was just redirected to the mobile site. But, perversely, this time I've managed to get to the full site. Not sure why it worked this time but guess I'll count my blessings and hope I can get the full site again.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:56 pm

The last used 'status' should maintained by cookies, so the next time you visit, it should remember you we're viewing the classic site and display it for you once again.

I too have no difficulty viewing the classic site on iPad/iPhone etc.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Tallulah wrote:
I too have no difficulty viewing the classic site on iPad/iPhone etc.

I don't understand this. I have not had any problems on my iPad or iPhone for ages - got to be 6 months. I wonder if it's something to do with your ISP?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 pm

The NorthPoles had a problem accessing the site for a while, wasn't that ISP related in the end?

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Tallulah wrote:
The NorthPoles had a problem accessing the site for a while, wasn't that ISP related in the end?

I believe it was.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

Mine's not ISP related, as it happened via broadband and 3G but given its working at the moment, I'll not tempt fate and shut up now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile version of site, Wndows 8   Mobile version of site, Wndows 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mobile version of site, Wndows 8
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Site Feedback-
Jump to: