brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland

Go down 
+2
AbsintheKombi
TimV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 pm

I just received this .....

Hi Tim,

My name is Benny and I wanted to tell you a bit about our campervan event, which may be of interest to your club members.

Vantastival is Ireland's only camper van festival. It's a full scale independent music festival and a celebration of campervan culture rolled into one and 2013 will be our fourth year. The festival takes place over the May bank holiday weekend, from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th May.

Vantastival takes place at Bellurgan Park, Co. Louth, situated just off the M1 motorway exactly half way between Dublin and Belfast. It is 50 minutes drive from Dublin Port or one hour from Larne. While campervans of all sorts are welcome at Vantastival, the festival attracts the vast majority of VW owners and club members on the island of Ireland and all VWs are camped together in an exclusive area adjacent to the main arena.

The festival offers daily activities focusing on the campervan lifestyle, complemented by a first rate musical line-up to suit all tastes. We have received rave reviews from the Irish press for the diversity of the whole festival experience and the quality of the music each year. Other features include an open mic stage, campervan cook-off, gourmet food stalls, festival traders, arts and crafts, ensuring that Vantastival has something for everyone. We attract a varied audience of campervan enthusiasts, music-lovers and young families. Tent campers are welcome as we also have a tent campsite.

Vantastival has been shortlisted for both the Irish and European Festival Awards every year, in categories including Best Small Festival and Best Family Festival amongst others.
Vantastival has a bar on site but the festival is primarily a ‘Bring Your Own Booze’ event. When the sun goes down the Vantastival experience really takes off. The late night shenanigans ensure that for night owls, the music and craic continue into the wee hours. The festival will kick off on Friday night with a Father Ted themed welcome ball, while fun and mayhem in the Hall of Heroes tent and other late night venues continue all weekend.

2013 is the year of The Gathering in Ireland, a once off initiative by the Irish government to invite as many visitors as possible to experience Ireland’s unique culture and ‘craic’. In celebration of this, Vantastival has teamed up with Irish Ferries to offer up to 30% discount to campervan owners travelling from Britain to attend the festival this year. This will work out at £199 return for a van plus driver on specified sailings, with £40 return for each additional adult and £20 for each additional child. This rate represents the very best value to be found for crossing the Irish Sea. In addition, Vantastival will also offer a 30% discount on festival tickets to visitors travelling from Britain. Details on how to avail of these discounts are available on our website. Each year the number of visitors to Vantastival from the UK has increased, and with feedback being overwhelmingly positive, we’d like this trend to continue.

I would be very grateful if you could let your club members know about Vantastival. We would be delighted to welcome more UK visitors this year.

Warm regards,

Benny Taaffe
Event Director
www.vantastival.com

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm tempted. We're free so far that weekend.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Sounds interesting but it would require the wife taking extra time off from school which as any teacher will know is a no-go.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Absinthe wrote:
I'm tempted. We're free so far that weekend.

Go for it - represent us over there!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Sounds interesting but it would require the wife taking extra time off from school which as any teacher will know is a no-go.
Was just thinking the same. I'm teaching then as well, so although would've been tempted, it isn't going to happen Sad
Back to top Go down
Rastaman

Rastaman

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi All, Just to let you know, I attended Vantastival as I'm in Ireland. Amazing display of VWs splits, bays & 1 '08 brazilian bus (which confuses most of the heads there). I could hear them mumbling as they walked by. And when asked I explained the story of the Brazilian Bay. Anyway it was very family friendly. The venue is not too big so walking is at a minimum. I brought my 15 month old fella who ran a muck. I'd say the majority of buses and campers had children in them. Daytime was all about the kids getting to hear different types of music and bands and everyone chillin out. The nightlife was adult friendly with good headliners and djs to finish off. Pit fires going all weekend to hang around and warm up if feeling cold but the weather was very kind. To sum it up, it was a wicked weekend. I recommend it for next year if on.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks for the report Rastaman!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah, thanks for the feed back
Doo you have any pics?

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Rastaman

Rastaman

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Scooby. One of the lads posted these pictures up.
http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/vantastival-2013.23953/#post-397116
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for the link
Looks like a good turnout and also a good few VW's too
Cheers

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland   Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland Empty

Back to top Go down

Vantastival 3rd - 5th May Ireland
Page 1 of 1