brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

How to make your bay even slower

Go down 
+7
absquatulation
Scooby
TimV
irishman
MarcusH
Sunny
dazdub
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

How to make your bay even slower Empty
PostSubject: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Had to pic up a bug and some bits today a complete 1200 bug four engines a gearbox and a lot of other bit a bug full and and bay full it was a bit slow on the hills Laughing How to make your bay even slower C1C367C0-CFF9-41F2-8272-A6A8BECD2640-4626-000004500583CBE7_zps8c3d1dc0How to make your bay even slower 773BC2CE-03A3-4DD8-A786-31F463E4BE28-4626-0000044FDD525211_zps63a765e3How to make your bay even slower 352347AA-1AE0-47E3-9A70-620606FDF2EA-4626-0000044FFC572BE3_zpsefcf503dHow to make your bay even slower 8906CBBC-505E-4C97-A7A0-7B148719D113-4626-0000044FF17AD9C7_zpsbc2b87fc
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 pm

What, with all those engines and you're still slow up the hills?

Nice load of scrap there Wink
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Nice paintwork on the beetle Daz

Reminds me of a burgundy camper I used to know

Are you doing the restoration?
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:11 pm

I've heard of carrying a few spares, but this takes the biscuit Smile
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm

MarcusH wrote:
Nice paintwork on the beetle Daz

Reminds me of a burgundy camper I used to know

Are you doing the restoration?
just got it for bits and a nice set of twin carbs
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:19 pm

irishman wrote:
I've heard of carrying a few spares, but this takes the biscuit Smile
Laughing
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Love it daz. A-frames are so useful.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

How to make your bay even slower Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm

TimV wrote:
Love it daz. A-frames are so useful.
yep worked very well used it to get Claire's 61 bug form essex but I used my dads 4x4 as it was a good 500 mile round trip so wanted a bit more speed Smile
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 pm

FAB use of your Kombi Daz Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

Party pooper time again.

I suggest that you are very careful in using an A-frame. Although there has been no prosecutions yet that I know of, the use of an A-frame is in a legal grey area. They are intended to take a vehicle off the road to a place of safety – just like a tow rope, however they have been used to tow vehicles around over some quite long distances, which could see you foul of the law.

See http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20101007180025/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/factsheetaframes.pdf

The big point is that if the trailer weights over 750kg, and most cars do then they must be fitted with brakes, and these brakes must work when the tow vehicle brakes come on.

The most likely scenario is that you are merrily driving along towing another vehicle with an A-frame and you are involved in an accident. Quite who was at fault is neither here nor there, but your insurance company may say “your vehicle was overloaded/all the brakes on the vehicle didn’t work, therefore we believe the insurance is null and void”. You will have a very hard time to convince anyone that the accident wasn’t your fault, and you could well be left with a huge bill.

I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm

absquatulation wrote:
Hi,

Party pooper time again.

I suggest that you are very careful in using an A-frame. Although there has been no prosecutions yet that I know of, the use of an A-frame is in a legal grey area. They are intended to take a vehicle off the road to a place of safety – just like a tow rope, however they have been used to tow vehicles around over some quite long distances, which could see you foul of the law.

See http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20101007180025/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/factsheetaframes.pdf

The big point is that if the trailer weights over 750kg, and most cars do then they must be fitted with brakes, and these brakes must work when the tow vehicle brakes come on.

The most likely scenario is that you are merrily driving along towing another vehicle with an A-frame and you are involved in an accident. Quite who was at fault is neither here nor there, but your insurance company may say “your vehicle was overloaded/all the brakes on the vehicle didn’t work, therefore we believe the insurance is null and void”. You will have a very hard time to convince anyone that the accident wasn’t your fault, and you could well be left with a huge bill.

Blimey. I a-framed my '63 bug all the way to the Midlands and back years ago. What about all those smart cars being tugged around by motorhomes? Don't they fall foul of this?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

How to make your bay even slower Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:41 pm

I think in some countries, Spain was 1 from memory, motorhomes have been done for towing Smarts. That's why we drive go anywhere VWs amongst many reasons.
Great to see the German Shephard on the photo with the "do they really know what they are doing?" look.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm

A Smart car weighs 730kg so maybe its 'just' under the limit for needing brakes etc.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:45 pm

That is some load you got there Dazdub, is the bug our project for the Dazdub do, must get it roadworthy by the end of the weekend Wink
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm

If anyone could do it, it would be you two!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Skytiger wrote:
That is some load you got there Dazdub, is the bug our project for the Dazdub do, must get it roadworthy by the end of the weekend Wink
got it for bits for Claire's 61 bug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make your bay even slower   How to make your bay even slower Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make your bay even slower
Page 1 of 1