brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Chrome bumpers and headlamps

Go down 
+7
Feliz
harryhornet
thesplitsombrero
Scooby
TimV
Skytiger
gordonmac
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

Chrome bumpers and headlamps Empty
PostSubject: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Have had a little "incident", and van going in for repairs - I left the handbrake off and van rolled into a car. Made quite a mess of the car. Van now needing a new front bumper and a headlamp cover.

Am thinking it seems a good time to upgrade bumpers from current white/rust! Where has everyone gotten their chrome bumpers and headlamps from? Any recommendations?

Cheers - and I would advise using the handbrake when leaving the vehicle!
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Forgot to say, also needing front panel beaten out, and worried it will rust - any tips? Repair company say they will paint both sides of the front panel.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear of the incident, VW Heritage do the chrome one's the front Click here and looks in primer for rear Click here

If the panel is painted inside and out and is done to a high standard rust shouldn't be back any sooner than normal.  Make sure they mask the inside really well you will get overspray over everything otherwise.

Last edited by Skytiger on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong link for rear bumper Sorry harryhornet)
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Great - thanks Skytiger - I checked that website and couldn't find them! Look forward to being in the "chrome gang"!
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Your welcome, If you go for chrome bumpers I'd be interested in your standard one's.

All you need to do now is paint it green and you'll be in the cool gang Rolling Eyes

Will you be back on the road for Volksfling in Biggar it's in two weeks time?
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Hadnt heard of Volksfling - looks good. Hopefully will have van back in time.

The front bumper needs a bit of work with a hammer but you are welcome to them if I get the new ones (depends on how strict the insurance company are about the repair). You thinking of leaving the "chrome gang" and going back to white?

Was thinking about a colour change (I really like the metallic red one on ebay) as I thought needed full respray, but its just getting front panel, and so will be staying with the usual red!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Buy standard new Kombi bumpers from any of the regular suppliers and get them chromed yourself. I'm sure it's a much more economic way to get chromed.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Chrome bumpers and headlamps Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Me and buzzinfinity are going to Volksfling so maybe see you there.

Cheers for the offer of the bumpers just let me know.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:23 am

Custom and Commercial have the bumpers in stock, in primer:

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-brazilian_bay/bumper_parts/front_bumper_parts/genuine_front_bumper_in_primer_9190/

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-brazilian_bay/bumper_parts/rear_bumper_parts/rear_bumper_slash_back_style_split_bus_58-67_bay_68-79--and--brazil_bay_with_mod_9191/

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

gordonmac wrote:
Hadnt heard of Volksfling
Here is the link:Volksfling

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Mmmm chrome! I have a pair of chrome eurostyle bumpers they were rusty within 3 summer months, I'm saving them for when jack goes ratty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Hope to make Volksling. Will still have white bumpers - decision made by repair company. Will ask them to keep the replaced front bumper for you skytiger.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm just going for the day on Sat to Volksfling, hope to see you there. Thanks for your trouble with the bumper.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Some pics of the event would be most welcome guys Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I want to change my bumpers to chrome. I clicked on the links that Skytiger posted on 14th May last year and found them on VW Heritage's website. When I called to order them the salesman explained to me that these would not fit my 2006 Kombi without modifications. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 pm

harryhornet wrote:
I want to change my bumpers to chrome. I clicked on the links that Skytiger posted on 14th May last year and found them on VW Heritage's website. When I called to order them the salesman explained to me that these would not fit my 2006 Kombi without modifications. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Mmmm .. the front one should fit straight on. The rear one I'm not sure, you may need to modify the mount to fit your current bumper irons. Regardless, these will be sh*te quality at that price and will rust like troopers. Why not have your original bumpers re-chromed in triple chrome. More expensive but a more long lasting finish. That's what most of the trade do.

www.chromeplated.co.uk

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Thanks Tim. Sounds like a good plan. The previous owner misshaped the rear bumper so I'm looking to renew that one. I take it the ones from C and C in primer will be good to chrome.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

harryhornet wrote:
I take it the ones from C and C in primer will be good to chrome.

Yes definitely.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Tim - I had a quote from a company (VAG in Letchworth )of about £300 each bumper - do you know rough pricing from chrome plating.uk ?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Feliz wrote:
Tim - I had a quote from a company (VAG in Letchworth )of about £300 each bumper - do you know rough pricing from chrome plating.uk ?

VAG?!!

Sounds about right for triple chrome.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 pm

I agree with Tim, dont buy sunny chrome off the self, get them re-chromed, a million times better. Or danbury should have them on the shelf to sell..!

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 pm

TimV wrote:
Feliz wrote:

VAG?!!

Sounds about right for triple chrome.

er...Vehicle and General ( actually in Arlsley near Letchworth)
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Anyone have a price to re chrome
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 6:26 pm

http://www.chromefix.co.uk/

Most areas have companies that do re-chroming like the above, a local one to you on Google should be able to give you a quote.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Or get them chrome vinyl wrapped ... never rust again.

Chrome bumpers and headlamps Chrome10

Pic courtesy of http://www.carcraze.com.au/assets/alt_5/700.jpg

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrome bumpers and headlamps   Chrome bumpers and headlamps Empty

Back to top Go down

Chrome bumpers and headlamps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next