brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Aqua Bay Protective Bra

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
t24fun

Cabin : Club

Aqua Bay Protective Bra Empty
PostSubject: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi All

Having recently been sprayed with newly laid road grit by an overtaking vehicle ignoring the 20mph speed limit, we are thinking of protecting the front of our campers with a "Bra".  Paintwork repair estimate in excess of £1000.00, plus replacement windscreen.

Has anyone else heard of or used one of these and if so, where can they be purchased?

Regards

David and Lyn
Back to top Go down
http://www.t24fun.co.uk
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:25 pm

I used one on my air bay it did more damaged to the paint than the stone chips
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm

t24fun wrote:
Paintwork repair estimate in excess of £1000.00, plus replacement windscreen.

Who on earth is requesting £1000 to paint the front of your BraziBay - the Queen?!

That is way over the top.

Even if they are taking out the windscreen to paint the surround and replace I'd expect that to come to around £500 - £600.  Requote!!

Plus no one produces a bra for the AquaBay - just the Aircooled variant.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Aqua Bay Protective Bra Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

As Tim says that's a very expensive re spray, traders on here have offered full re sprays less than that.
Back to top Go down
t24fun

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Tim,

I should have said that the front roof and drivers door and surrounds are also very badly chipped, the car cut right in front of us to avoid oncoming traffic and to do so drove through the collected excess grit in the middle of the road.  It was like driving through a sandstorm composed of road grit, you would not believe the noise.  The resulting pits and craters in the paintwork have to be seen to be believed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.t24fun.co.uk
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:49 pm

t24fun wrote:
Hi Tim,

I should have said that the front roof and drivers door and surrounds are also very badly chipped, the car cut right in front of us to avoid oncoming traffic and to do so drove through the collected excess grit in the middle of the road.  It was like driving through a sandstorm composed of road grit, you would not believe the noise.  The resulting pits and craters in the paintwork have to be seen to be believed!
This happens occasionally when driving my Kombi.  Inconsiderate drivers often cut in just in front of my front bumper, because they know there's no bonnet and in many ways I reckon it's a jealousy derived action.  The great majority enjoy seeing our campervans out on the road but there is a small-minded group of motorists who see a T2 as a source of annoyance/jealousy, so they show their disrespect by smothering our front panels and windscreens with stone chips.

Ok so it's quite a bit more paint which makes sense as it's always the cost of the materials that makes these jobs become expensive.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Aqua Bay Protective Bra Melogo11
Back to top Go down
brabay

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:02 pm

can you psot pictures of the damage?
Back to top Go down
http://shift.direct
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Bay Protective Bra   Aqua Bay Protective Bra Empty

Back to top Go down

Aqua Bay Protective Bra
Page 1 of 1