brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! Empty
PostSubject: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 am

Van is two years old today, happy birthday etc etc, got to have second new windscreen another crack!!!

Had the first one a couple of weeks after picking her up, got hit by stone on A23, now another large chip appeared on edge of screen, an hour spent trying to sort with insurers and autoglass. The later couldn't quite understand the age of the vehicle, anyway VWKampers have it in hand now and are getting me a replacement.

Anyone else having the same bad luck as me, or is it 'the luck of the irish', coz if tis then I have to blame my parents!!

Irishman (Nick) affraid
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

Got hit by a stone on Wednesday, think I might be lucky though, got a very small chip that can hardly be seen. should be able to get it repaired. Scared the crap out of me when it hit.

Looks like your irish luck might be partly to blame.

________________________________________________________________________________
Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Snap, we got stone hit yesterday on the M27, luckily a very small chip of about 2mm and not deep. Out of interest nick, how much is a windscreen and is it of the heated variety?

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! Img_2014
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Got quote today from VWKampers for heated front screen fitted, £320, they get them from VW Heritage. Last time I had it done down at Danbury, without looking at paperwork I think it cost a little more, plus the day trip to Bristol, instead of 15 mins up the road.

Still looking for that 4 leaf clover, my shamrock obviously doesn't work!!!
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Irishman - We sell the heated screens if that helps? If its insurance your going through just ask them to speak to me on 01454 310000 and they should buy it and collect it from here for you free and arrange fitting at your home or work....Hope this advise helps. All the best - Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!   Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Windscreens aaarrrggghh!!!
Page 1 of 1