brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....

Go down 
+4
kiteman
olive
Matt
TimV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... Empty
PostSubject: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 am

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/vehicle.cfm?Account=AETA13580&Style=6&Id=AETV97050896&Image=http://images.autoexposure.co.uk/AETA13580/AETV97050896_1a.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 am

looks a tidy bus, but i dont like the paint sceme

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am

Yep it's certainly a Marmite BraziBay!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 am

TimV wrote:
Yep it's certainly a Marmite BraziBay!

I like the colour combo, looks different having the top half in a different colour to white............but then I like marmite!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:49 am

Jury is still out on that one Neutral but then again I'm not a lover of Marmite.

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Paint is not for me, nice wheels though!

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:52 am

I remember selling that one many years ago! Very unusual! We also did a big insurance repair job on it some time later for the customer. Cant remember what is was now but it was an internal and external repair and they brought it down from Scotland to Bristol on a truck for us to repair it. You dont get many in that colour.................
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Luv the brm rims better if it was silver all over
Back to top Go down
PhilN

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm

We went to view this bus on saturday and I have to say were quite disappointed.
Its in a bit of a tatty state, sadly.
We're familiar with caravans, current;ly owning an Avondale but was surprised at the interior condition.
There's liner peeling away from the roof bed panels, the sliding door lock is jammed, the trim on the doors is mismatched, and cut too short leaving gaps, the door panels, only hardboard, are fraying at the edges, the stays on the cupboard lids are failing; the covers coming off and cupboard knobs are jammed or dont lock.
Having said that the paint is in good nick, and it started 1st time! I wasnt 100% with the steering wheel being offset to the left from the drivers seat either, whether thats standard or a conversion factor I dont know....
I've wanted a bus since my teens, I'm finally getting close to being able to achieve the dream and the first one we look at almost had Mrs N running!!
If anyone is looking for a fair fixer-upper and good at DIY then ok, but for £20k i'd want it perfect!
Of course, this is just my opinion, the guy on duty was sound, very welcoming and generous to give me the keys, but I was just disappointed with the quality of the furniture and fixtures coming from a caravan background.
We're going to keep looking, checking out a few Oz and US imports to see whether a 30 yr old Westfalia interior fairs any better...
scratch
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Welcome Phil - great to have you join us.

Don't be put off by this particular bus. I think it's had a fairly hard life by the sound of it and there are plenty out there that haven't.

Have you seen the vans that VW Kampers have at the moment?

www.vwkampers.com

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
PhilN

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:15 pm

We're surfing RCC and G'day campers at the mo, trying to decide what to do..
Going to try a few dealers just to try out a few body types, furniture styles etc to see what we want...
I'm coming from a landrover background, Series 2, 110 and a Disco, so I know what to expect handling, performance and maintenance wise, I just need to tune in my vw bus spider-sense!!
The family want a Split for looks, I'd prefer a bigger Bay but who knows?
Anyway, veeering off topic, just wanted to offer some info on the Ashington Grey Ghost...
Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Splits are cool but as you know smaller. That's just for starters.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 pm

PhilN wrote:
We're surfing RCC and G'day campers at the mo, trying to decide what to do..
Going to try a few dealers just to try out a few body types, furniture styles etc to see what we want...
I'm coming from a landrover background, Series 2, 110 and a Disco, so I know what to expect handling, performance and maintenance wise, I just need to tune in my vw bus spider-sense!!
The family want a Split for looks, I'd prefer a bigger Bay but who knows?
Anyway, veeering off topic, just wanted to offer some info on the Ashington Grey Ghost...
Cheers!!
I had landys as well 2x 2a safaris one long did canal trophy rep and swb a 110 lwb csw 2.5na dev a v8 LPG rangrover and a v8 xs disco on LPG
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 am

Hi - As Tim has said: Dont let this one put you off. It sounds like a hard life vehicle. I would suggest if you want to impress the wife and have an easier life look at a new or nearly new watercooled model and then you are in control of the look, specification and price.....You can also have finance and part exchange options....Many people then use the new Brazilian bay as their every day car as it has better fuel consumption and more power than an older air cooled model and what other new vehicle these days is as multi purposed and fun to drive than a new Brazi Bay?! Good luck!www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....   Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome .... Empty

Back to top Go down

Funky Airbus for sale at Ashington Autodrome ....
Page 1 of 1