brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder

Go down 
+4
jj123vw
billyelaine
TimV
jboa
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wrong Plates

Wrong Plates

Cabin : Club

08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Jboa;

Just a quick question about the roof. Apart from the gas-strut eiter side, Is there anyting else that holds your roof up?

Cheers

Baggy
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Wrong Plates wrote:
Hi Jboa;

Just a quick question about the roof. Apart from the gas-strut eiter side, Is there anyting else that holds your roof up?

Cheers

Baggy

The 'downunder' roof is similar to the O'Connors one. Don't underestimate those gas struts - they are enormously strong! O'Connors have them on their own hire vans, and they seem to survive. I would say that this roof design is probably stronger than the standard Danbury one, where the gas struts do fail (from people who have said they have had to buy new ones).
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Eales

Malcolm Eales

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 am

Looks a nice roof, I particularly like the smooth line of the roof rack. I've got a traditional rack above the cab but its several inches higher than the roof and it makes all the difference to getting into car parks! Do you know roughly how much the the moulded roof rack is? Cheers, Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://malcolm@cheerful.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:34 am

That was a photoshop I did as an example. I don't think anyone has mixed a Danbury poptop with an O'Connors/Downunder rack.

I'm not sure why Downunder wouldn't want to supply just the front rack. Surely better to supply something rather than nothing isn't it? It's all part of the customisation element of owning a Bay.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am

I'd certainly be interested in this option as I'm not a fan of the racks. It could look really smart.

Den maybe your Bay could be the first Brazilian with a roof Combo!

Let's mix it up!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Any news from O'Connors Den? Do they want to sell us those racks or what???!!!

By the way looking in the new JK catalogue (p229) they do a replacement poptop edging trim in either 4.5m or 8.5m lengths. There's a profile pic of it too. Think it might suit freshening up the braiding on our roofs....

Need to see a sample. So many bits to get ..... ugh ..... love it.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Mmmm no response .... that's not encouraging.

Good idea about heating the trim up - like shrinkwrap! You're coming to Volksworld aren't you? I'll take a look at the trim then if I may?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I doubt O'Cs are gonna be at Volksworld so we won't be able to badger them then. Sure VW Kampers/Downunder will be there. We can bend their ears about not selling us just the rack.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Nah I think the'yre being picky because we've got Danbers. Works both ways I bet Wink

Happy for them to prove me wrong of course ....... Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Oooh think I've just created new nicknames for the conversions ....

Is yours a Danbers, Unders or Connors????

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Yeh I think you're right - according to that it should be the 250 plus the VAT. I wonder how it gets fitted though???? Better make sure it's all sealed up good n proper. Not wanting to encourage any leaks now......

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jboa

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm

About a year or so ago I asked O'Connor's if they could modify the front luggage rack to fit a Brazilian, but the answer was no.
I thought that it might have been possible to cut out the centre to make room for the higher roof line on the Brazilians.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder   08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

08 watercooled bay - VW Downunder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Gallery-
Jump to: