brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!

Go down 
+13
Voyager
dizzylizard
Vladaria
Rachelvw
pdjenks
Dizzy10
URmysunshine
Tallulah
Scooby
beakyboy
harryhornet
Eclipse
Ianvwk
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Empty
PostSubject: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 pm

For a while now, a lot of BraziBay owners have changed the front orange indicator lenses to clear versions with orange bulbs fitted - that's the legal requirement.  A number have followed on and replaced the Danbury installed orange side repeaters too.  Now you can buy those clear side lenses direct from your favourite VW website!

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Sidere10

Contents of the pack are:

2 x clear lenses
2 x orange bulbs
2 x black rubber seals

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Clear_10

The total cost delivered to UK addresses is just £10.

They take minutes to swap over for that fresher look!  Idea

Send me a pm if you'd like to order a pair.   Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Bargain!

And they do look a lot better!

Well done Tim... :-)

P.s ill get mine fitted up ASAP Razz

________________________________________________________________________________
www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Eclipse

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Tim

I hope you are well?
Me and the family getting excited at the prospect of a brand new season!
Anyway, I do want to get a few bits done to the van including clear indicators.
I would like to order some please and maybe some advise on where to get the front ones?

Martin
Eclipse
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:01 am

Just Kampers sell the clear front repeater lenses (£7 each) and don't forget you'll need some orange bulbs (70p).
If you tell them you're from brazilianvwbay you'll also get a discount. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 am

I am starting to find this thread Anti Orange !  lol!

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:45 am

Eclipse wrote:
Hi Tim

I hope you are well?
Me and the family getting excited at the prospect of a brand new season!
Anyway, I do want to get a few bits done to the van including clear indicators.
I would like to order some please and maybe some advise on where to get the front ones?

Martin
Eclipse

Thank you. Pm sent with ordering info and the clear front lenses, as suggested, can be ordered from JK, Heritage etc - make use of our discount codes. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm

beakyboy wrote:

Clearly

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Scooby wrote:
beakyboy wrote:

Clearly

orangist!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
URmysunshine

URmysunshine

Cabin : Exec 043

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Didn't realise there was a discount code when I ordered hammock recently Rolling Eyes Will make sure I use it when ordering clear lenses for front!!
Back to top Go down
Dizzy10

Cabin : Exec 067

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:25 pm

TimV, Hi I like the look of these after ordering some clear ones - another anti orange i'm afraid. How can I hold of a set?? Dizzy 10
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 am

Dizzy10 wrote:
TimV, Hi I like the look of these after ordering some clear ones - another anti orange i'm afraid. How can I hold of a set?? Dizzy 10

PM sent. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:02 am

Tim could you send me details of how to order the clear lenses please. Time has come to make the change
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Razorbaz wrote:
Tim could you send me details of how to order the clear lenses please. Time has come to make the change

PM sent.  Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pdjenks

pdjenks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Tim.
Clear fronts just ordered - please can you PM me for the side repeaters.
thanks
paul
Back to top Go down
Rachelvw

Rachelvw

Cabin : Exec 099

PostSubject: Hi where do I get the clear lenses from please I am new at all this so don't know where to buy stuff yet   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 10:34 am

TimV wrote:
For a while now, a lot of BraziBay owners have changed the front orange indicator lenses to clear versions with orange bulbs fitted - that's the legal requirement.  A number have followed on and replaced the Danbury installed orange side repeaters too.  Now you can buy those clear side lenses direct from your favourite VW website!

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Sidere10

Contents of the pack are:

2 x clear lenses
2 x orange bulbs
2 x black rubber seals

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Clear_10

The total cost delivered to UK addresses is just £10.

They take minutes to swap over for that fresher look!  Idea

Send me a pm if you'd like to order a pair.   Basketball
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:20 am

If you send a PM to TimV he will be able to supply the side repeaters. The clear front lenses can be bought from Just Kampers. You'll need a left and right plus orange bulbs -

Clear Front Lenses
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Just a heads up.

The clear side repeater lenses are no longer available, so hold onto yours if you have them!!!

I guess there aren't many Mk2 Astras on the road now so demand did not meet supply!

If you're wanting to fit different side repeaters try here:

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/filterSearch?adv=true&cid=0&q=side+repeater+clear&sid=true&isc=true

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 am

There aren't many Mk2 Astras on the road, but the good news is that there is a steady stream of them in scrapyards, often posted on eBay. The same lenses are also used on Cavaliers, Calibras and Novas of the same vintage. Some have orange repeaters, some clear.
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 am

What size are they?
Is there something specific I should look for in terms of part numbers etc? Would love some round ones and you never know they might reappear Smile
Thanks
Nicola
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 am

You would be looking for parts from the following Vauxhall models:

Cavalier 1975-81
Cavalier MkII 1981-88
Cavalier MkIII 1988-95
Nova 1982-93
Astra MkII 1984-93
Calibra 1990-97

I noticed an eBay vendor claiming to have loads of them in stock, but when I called to check they told me that their supplier had ceased manufacture, and they have now removed them from eBay. However, there are several of the above vehicles advertised as breaking on eBay, it might be worth contacting them. They might be happy to unscrew the lenses and stick them in an envelope for a few quid.
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Available from justkampers I think
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 4:59 pm

I have used this company before for electrical bits and bobs, as well as car builder solutions.

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/

Also, the classic mini side repeaters are available in smoke and clear, not sure of the size of the hole, but you may also need to think of a bulb holder as most of those advertised just seem to be for replacement lens, also lots of oval flush fitting ones elsewhere on the web, just a question of checking the mounting hole size.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 8:04 am

Larkspeed have them listed on their website. Part code is VA20L99. I don't know if they have them in stock, it's worth a call.
Back to top Go down
Vladaria

Vladaria

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 am

Whoop just ordered from Larkspeed! Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! Empty

Back to top Go down

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next