www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have a very Happy Christmas!
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 am

@Vladaria wrote:
Whoop just ordered from Larkspeed! Thank you Smile

Did you call them or just order off their website? I've just called them to check availability, and they are out of stock and can't get any more. Hopefully you got the last pair!?
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Started to do a bit of research, so took the side repeaters off Pat's Mini Cooper to compare with ones fitted by Danbury.

Fitting the Mini one (available in clear) would require a small amount of filing as the hole is square as opposed to round, so I searched the part number on the Danbury one, Hella 6R0142710, and strangely, Tim's Car Builders Solutions came up with this

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/oval-indicatorsside-repeaters-37mm-x-29mm

which fits in a 21mm hole (which is about the same as the Hella one), and has all the necessary bits. Also looks to have a better securing system and sits flush to the bodywork to stop them getting knocked off.

May be worth considering as an alternative if the others are getting scarce.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I took a look at the Vauxhall Cavalier Owners Club forum, and it seems that they were often getting their side repeaters nicked, not surprisingly given the rarity. Somebody suggested that the repeaters from the Fiat Coupe and Barchetta are a good fit. They seem a bit expensive though, probably because they also fit classic Ferraris!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 am

In the name of science, I decided to get a pair of side repeaters from carbuilder solutions to see if they would fit (and as the Hella and Astra ones seem hard to come buy, I would have some spares if mine broke or got knocked off), well impressed with their delivery, they arrived next morning.

I know they are amber, but I like amber and they do come in clear for the same price Smile

Size wise they are similar, and they look like they will fit the same hole, size 21mm. Fly leads are the same length with male connectors. Fitting is by screw nut as opposed to push clip. Bit more cheap and cheerful than the Hella ones, but if they do the job... Smile

Haven't fitted them yet, as I suspect I will have to do a bit of tidying up and rust-proofing the hole, but hope to have a proper look in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Going back to orange fronts then diz??

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 pm

No....nice one, you got me there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 pm

I'm now in the market for just one of the orange side indicator lenses. I'll happily take two, of course...

Any update on current suppliers, or does anyone have one spare, after going 'clear'?

Thoughts appreciated....
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am

You can get whole units from www.cbsonline.co.uk but only with clear lenses - how ironic.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/clear-lens-led-side-repeaters-30mm £18 per pair

Orange units available from Just Kampers:

https://www.justkampers.com/2bm-004-965-801-hella-indicator-side-repeater-brazilian-bay.html £21 per side!!!! Go figure.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 am

These look like the orange units on eBay. They are compatible with the Vauxhall Astra Mk II, which if I remember correctly is the right fitting.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hella-SIDE-REAR-LAMP-REPEATER-2BM003563-111-OE-503172755-AZ104309-21138/322458997717?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall&epid=696895875&hash=item4b140dd3d5:g:4GgAAOSwWJ5Zfp-q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   

Back to top Go down

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: