brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!

Go down 
+13
Voyager
dizzylizard
Vladaria
Rachelvw
pdjenks
Dizzy10
URmysunshine
Tallulah
Scooby
beakyboy
harryhornet
Eclipse
Ianvwk
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 am

Vladaria wrote:
Whoop just ordered from Larkspeed! Thank you Smile

Did you call them or just order off their website? I've just called them to check availability, and they are out of stock and can't get any more. Hopefully you got the last pair!?
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Started to do a bit of research, so took the side repeaters off Pat's Mini Cooper to compare with ones fitted by Danbury.

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Imgp2811

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Imgp2812

Fitting the Mini one (available in clear) would require a small amount of filing as the hole is square as opposed to round, so I searched the part number on the Danbury one, Hella 6R0142710, and strangely, Tim's Car Builders Solutions came up with this

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/oval-indicatorsside-repeaters-37mm-x-29mm

which fits in a 21mm hole (which is about the same as the Hella one), and has all the necessary bits. Also looks to have a better securing system and sits flush to the bodywork to stop them getting knocked off.

May be worth considering as an alternative if the others are getting scarce.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I took a look at the Vauxhall Cavalier Owners Club forum, and it seems that they were often getting their side repeaters nicked, not surprisingly given the rarity. Somebody suggested that the repeaters from the Fiat Coupe and Barchetta are a good fit. They seem a bit expensive though, probably because they also fit classic Ferraris!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 am

In the name of science, I decided to get a pair of side repeaters from carbuilder solutions to see if they would fit (and as the Hella and Astra ones seem hard to come buy, I would have some spares if mine broke or got knocked off), well impressed with their delivery, they arrived next morning.

I know they are amber, but I like amber and they do come in clear for the same price Smile

Size wise they are similar, and they look like they will fit the same hole, size 21mm. Fly leads are the same length with male connectors. Fitting is by screw nut as opposed to push clip. Bit more cheap and cheerful than the Hella ones, but if they do the job... Smile

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Imgp2813

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Imgp2814

Haven't fitted them yet, as I suspect I will have to do a bit of tidying up and rust-proofing the hole, but hope to have a proper look in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Going back to orange fronts then diz??

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 pm

No....nice one, you got me there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 pm

I'm now in the market for just one of the orange side indicator lenses. I'll happily take two, of course...

Any update on current suppliers, or does anyone have one spare, after going 'clear'?

Thoughts appreciated....
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am

You can get whole units from www.cbsonline.co.uk but only with clear lenses - how ironic.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/clear-lens-led-side-repeaters-30mm £18 per pair

Orange units available from Just Kampers:

https://www.justkampers.com/2bm-004-965-801-hella-indicator-side-repeater-brazilian-bay.html £21 per side!!!! Go figure.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 am

These look like the orange units on eBay. They are compatible with the Vauxhall Astra Mk II, which if I remember correctly is the right fitting.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hella-SIDE-REAR-LAMP-REPEATER-2BM003563-111-OE-503172755-AZ104309-21138/322458997717?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall&epid=696895875&hash=item4b140dd3d5:g:4GgAAOSwWJ5Zfp-q
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:13 pm

TimV wrote:
You can get whole units from www.cbsonline.co.uk but only with clear lenses - how ironic.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/clear-lens-led-side-repeaters-30mm £18 per pair

Orange units available from Just Kampers:

https://www.justkampers.com/2bm-004-965-801-hella-indicator-side-repeater-brazilian-bay.html £21 per side!!!! Go figure.

An update on the Carbuildersolutions/CBSonline repeaters - I've bought a pair to replace orange ones.

The lens are sealed to the bulbholder assembly, so you cant take just the lens off to replace the bulbs, you have to take the whole unit back out.
The units sit inside a hole in the box section of the wheel arch panel, the cables are quite short so you cant pull the units back out without undoing the earth cable that is bolted to the chassis inside the wheel arch. If you do manage to remove the bulbholder from inside the wheel arch, you have virtually no chance of getting it back in.
The lugs that hold the unit into the body panel holes are much wider than the originals and don't have any play to ease a screwdriver in to prize them out, so there's a good chance they will break if you try to remove it to replace a bulb.

Mine are going back - I'll just live with the orange ones, which is a annoying as all other indicators will have clear lens
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 8:39 am

We must be able to find some clear lenses that fit the old Hella unit. They'll be out there somewhere.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 9:44 am

These perhaps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra-Mk2-Mk3-Side-Repeater-Indicator-Lens-Lenses-Clear/153736932471?hash=item23cb6f6c77:g:4gMAAOSwNopcq7hu
Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 am

Voyager wrote:
These perhaps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra-Mk2-Mk3-Side-Repeater-Indicator-Lens-Lenses-Clear/153736932471?hash=item23cb6f6c77:g:4gMAAOSwNopcq7hu

Thanks for the link - I've just ordered a pair of these and I'll report back when they arrive.

Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Purple wrote:
Voyager wrote:
These perhaps?

Thanks for the link - I've just ordered a pair of these and I'll report back when they arrive.

They fit !

They are a slightly different shape, but they do twist and lock into place, provided you reuse the original gaskets that sit behind the lampholder.

Thanks again to Voyager
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Purple wrote:
Purple wrote:
Voyager wrote:
These perhaps?

They fit !

They are a slightly different shape, but they do twist and lock into place, provided you reuse the original gaskets that sit behind the lampholder.

Thanks again to Voyager

Good news. The vendor seems to have more for sale for anyone who needs them.
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 1:45 pm

I wonder if I can ask the hive mind for some assistance. I'm looking for some clear side repeaters - can't find Hella or Astra style, but I did find these at carbuildersolutions:

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/30mm-side-repeaters-clear-lens

The size seems right, and I can certainly wire them in. My only concern is, they state that they are 9-33Volt. I'm no electrician, so it might be fine, but I'm kind of assuming that it will be 12volt coming to the lamps, and I don't want to end up with dim repeaters because they're running at the low end of their voltage range. is there anybody out there who can tell me either way whether this is a problem, please? Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225144136817?fits=Plat_Gen%3AMK+II%7CModel%3AAstra&hash=item346ba2e471:g:p-EAAOSwr65fLW0S&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsMFgZbwfHlLmWtWX7mbiq1lsflSfxYMfFaJtLTIW%2BUwshVZrKj%2B0PVyk8vCl%2FIeB1vAfHZ9%2FtGM830ZaQWIT8rPgQHGzwtURYsaPIxQ9d%2FqM1asJ4qv%2BKIhaUEh%2Fn0XRPN%2B%2FDT2X65G3BpVpXBxWvgVFIiAC35%2B68gQ79GIFvGumROpQNNcVo7JNu0RF0M6rbrW86DyKBPxqs2ZfDjSw6DOGBGiEoam5cWi99Ghh7rHW%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_SJupvGYQ#vi-desc-maincntr
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 4:45 pm

Thanks Voyager! Unfortunately, my existing repeaters are square, so I would need the whole unit. The existing ones are a little tried, the seals are perished, hence the desire to replace the lot. Blinkerhaus don't seem to do the mounting behind the lens.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 4:48 pm

Bandyrooks wrote:
Thanks Voyager!  Unfortunately, my existing repeaters are square, so I would need the whole unit.  The existing ones are a little tried, the seals are perished, hence the desire to replace the lot.  Blinkerhaus don't seem to do the mounting behind the lens.

Do you mean side repeaters, or front indicators? If they are square they are presumably not the originals, and are not Astra parts.
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 4:57 pm

Hi Voyager.  It's the side repeaters.  Here's a photo showing the offending article (I'm at work and don't have anything more specific!) She wasn't a Danbury conversion, so this might explain why she's a little different.

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 20221210
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 5:29 pm

It's worth posting something on the Facebook page asking if anyone else has got square side repeaters and knows what they are. Might be worth checking if there's a part number on them too. Otherwise I suppose anything which fits the size of the hole will do.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 1:01 pm

We now fit these clear led units in place of older units.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/micro-28mm-led-side-repeaters-clear-lens-amber-light-pair

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 4:15 pm

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Img20213
Finished fitting the new repeaters today.  I think they look so much better on Juniper!  Pleased to say, there was no issue with voltage, the repeaters worked without any major modification - just had to change the cable plugs to the bullet type.  I think these will be a lot easier to clean around too!!

Voyager likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 8:29 pm

Another photo of the new repeater.  Working fine, and the adhesive seems to be holding even in all this rain!Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Img20214
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!   Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clear Side Repeaters - replace those orange ones!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2