brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Cobb v Cadac

Go down 
+12
TimV
Dennis
Dalesman
URmysunshine
Hemlock
kiteman
harryhornet
Matt
dizzylizard
gordonmac
Sunny
dazdub
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 am

TimV wrote:
Many thanks for your informed opinions.

I've reached a decision. The combination of the Cobb for it's size and flexibility and the fact it can now be powered by a gas canister is ideal for me.  So I've ordered one from Lakeland.  They have them on a deal for £129.99 reduced from £150 right now.  Not many left so I struck whilst the 'griddle' was hot!

Looking forward to trying it out this summer! Cool sunny
you will love it best bit of kit we have got and for the size can cook a lot of stuff Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks tallulah. ..and welcome tim to the world of cobb!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Ok Cobb fans.

Now I have my gas powered Cobb, I realise I need a carry bag for it. Before I order that what accessories would you say are genuinely worth getting?

To cook steaks/burgers is the griddle pan worth getting or can I simply use a griddle pan?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 2:33 pm

The Cobb can be used as a regular BBQ however it works best with the lid on to keep the heat circulating. In theory you could use any griddle pan but the Cobb one will be the precise fit and allow you to put the lid on to keep the heat and moisture in.

On that basis I would give a big YES to the griddle pan, it's the one that we use the most.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Ditto that one ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Tim ..does your Cobb not come with a carry bag?? our is it because it's gas you may not get one.if you can get the pan that would make it easier to cook certain things .You do need to try and cook" in the Cobb" ie roast potatoes ...veg. Using cider in the "ring"really makes cooking pork great.
I'm sure you will try always .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Typo with the grammar sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Tim. Have you tried out the gas Cobb yet. Also debating which route to go down.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Not yet. Will be in a couple of weeks. Will report back. Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:43 am

Just to keep you updated.  After 3 days in Bude using my new Gas Cobb I am delighted with it.

Over the trip I cooked steak, jacket potatoes, pizza, bacon and grilled tomatoes.  Now I'm no budding chef but this thing has gotten me interested in what I can cook next!!

Fyi I bought the specific carry bag for the gas model and I have the accessory grill plate for steaks, burgers etc.

Looking forward to trying out more recipes on the forthcoming Kombi Kaper!! sunny bounce

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 am

There's a recipe book plus some examples here:

Cobb Recipes

Any idea how much gas you used for three days?

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:11 am

Tallulah wrote:
There's a recipe book plus some examples here:

Cobb Recipes

Any idea how much gas you used for three days?

Ta!

I'm not sure. I'll weigh the canister today and compare with an unused one.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 am

Unused canister weighs 650g used weighs 450g

Time wise I must have had the Cobb on high for 3 hours.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:43 am

Canisters just under £10?

That's not bad at all.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Swansal

Swansal

Cabin : Exec 068

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Having seen lots of people with various cooking 'gadgets' at the sleepover this weekend, I'm looking at investing in a Cobb. I am looking at the gas version (as I was a bit concerned that the brick one just keeps cooking after you've finished) and wondered if there had been any new thoughts on this since last Summer?

"Bluey Louie" ........An Awfully Big Adventure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Don't forget to check out the lotus grills. Ours is fab
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:59 pm

We have a cadac but tend to use the lotus grill instead as its so quick to get to the 'able to cook stage'

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Testing out the new Cadac Safari Chef 2. So far, impressed.
Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 Img_0118
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 8:30 am

Swansal wrote:
Having seen lots of people with various cooking 'gadgets' at the sleepover this weekend, I'm looking at investing in a Cobb. I am looking at the gas version (as I was a bit concerned that the brick one just keeps cooking after you've finished) and wondered if there had been any new thoughts on this since last Summer?

The thing to appreciate about a Cobb is that it is a multi-cooker rather than a barbecue, i.e. you can barbecue, fry, saute, roast, and casserole. It doesn't cook steaks as well as a barbecue, because it doesn't have as much direct heat, so you can't char the outside while leaving the inside rare. However, you can do plenty of things that a barbecue won't do. Also, there are two types of cobblestones available, the standard one which cooks for up to 2 hours, and the quick one which fires up in 2 minutes but only cooks for an hour. Personally I think that you get a taste from cooking over charcoal or cobblestones which you just can't get from cooking over gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Lotus all the way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobb v Cadac   Cobb v Cadac - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cobb v Cadac
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2