brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Coming from the dark side

Go down 
+7
dizzylizard
beakyboy
Scooby
Bumble
M1CEY
TimV
kiteman
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Coming from the dark side Empty
PostSubject: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello all

Ali and i (Barrie that is) have just finished building a retirement home on the sunny Isle of Wight. As we were living in Shrewsbury for two years whilst the old house was demolished and the new one took shape we bought a VW T5, not our first choice as we dashed around looking for a decent T2 and eventually gave up and settled for the T5. Now bear with me because i can feel the groans but back in the day we had both a 1973 Westie and a 1967 Split both of which gave us many miles and happy times. Anyway house just about finished and regular mile crunching trips out the way we have now moved away from the 'dark side' and purchased the lovely Betty that was advertised on this very site. Collected on Friday and taken to VW kampers for a cambelt, waterpump and an Empi shifter (so i could find at least the four gears) i knew were there. Got home Saturday put a for sale notice in the T5 and sold it in 15 minutes to a family who live in the next road.
Do i like the new camper, no I LOVE IT. Its slow and less sophisticated but i am right back to being 30 again when i had my original campers.
We are going away to Europe for a month in September so its a bit of a dash to sort out making it work for us. We are planning to mount the spare wheel on a bracket on the back and it seems Danbury are the port of call for this, such a good site that i have been able to find out so much and bring my knowledge up to date. It is great that the wise ones chip in with helpful advice rather than going off message which happens on so many sites. Bear in mind i have had hours doing research on building a house. Anyway
I hope we will get to chat to other owners in the future so we can share our new found youth with them Best wishes to all
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Great story. Welcome to the forum.
See if you can make it to next years Kombi Sleepover, it's the biggest and best brazzie meet there is

________________________________________________________________________________
Coming from the dark side Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny

Last edited by kiteman on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi well done that man ..look forward to meeting you all soon.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 pm

All sounds good to me!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Coming from the dark side Melogo11
Back to top Go down
M1CEY

M1CEY

Cabin : Exec 062

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Hello and welcome Smile

Karen
x
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Welcome to the Brazi Bay world of fun, deep pockets and a riot of colours ( see August issue of Camper & Bus for pictures of us at Volksworld )
M
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:57 am

Hi & Welcome to THE Forum for Brazi Bays.
Hope to see you out on the road at some point.
Roo b Roo
jocolor

PS
If your free and fancy a run out to the Forest of Dean for Halloween just let us know - see the link below:

Halloween 2015

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:54 am

Welcome to the forum guys , we do look forward to seeing you out and about.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:53 pm

A decision well made
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi and welcome, I take it that is Betty Blue you have acquired, lovely looking kombi. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Yes it is Betty Blue, well spotted.......thanks for all the nice welcoming comments
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Congratulations on your new addition!
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Welcome Ali and Barrie.
Back to top Go down
554 BAY

554 BAY

Cabin : Exec 058

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:14 am

Hi and welcome

Man who drops watch down toilet, has shi77y time! - Confucius
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming from the dark side   Coming from the dark side Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming from the dark side
Page 1 of 1