brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
+67
RayC
harryhornet
kiteman
Baydreamer
Scooby
tatty
timmm
Matt
Bumble
Tony880
Voyager
Hemlock
Rebeldog
lynnand steve
stuartmeldrum
Ronnie Ringding
Si How
elliec
eddy
Sunshine Daisy
Surfwagen Stan
BigDubblya
gordonmac
sparkysteve
greeny
Ianvwk
adam ramp
URmysunshine
projectnmt
docmark
greenjc90
Feliz
Kaz
stoneyuk
Firebird
jj123vw
bonnie blue
ianclarke1970
jill
Chezguinness
Happyhouse
EvoFylde
osg
poddy
Bileos
michel_bonn
marcallison
absquatulation
sunny1
dazdub
EJ
primrose
AbsintheKombi
A@C
cavus
MarcusH
Dalesman
JLS 62
beakyboy
irishman
Skytiger
Dennis
dizzylizard
Tallulah
Sunny
TimV
oldskoolsboy
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:01 am

I touched in all the stonechips Max's front bumper has sustained in the last 6 months.  Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:02 am

Same old same old; girls to school, run a few errands, grocery shop, notice something else needs attention, collect girls from school.

Monday there will be variation; going to Danbury to sort out some leaking doors.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:54 am

Service at VW K... Full brekkie at Truffles in Henfield highly recommended.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
sparkysteve

sparkysteve

Cabin : Exec 035

PostSubject: oil in engine bay   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:50 am

michel_bonn wrote:
another day in germanys garage:
in the last days i cleaned my car very well and so i cleaned the engine room.
yesterday i give the car new oil and was happy for the work i have done.
tomorrow morning i drove to early shift and i say many new frech outside the car. all was full of oil. i opend the desk and inside all of frech oil. my first thinking was, too much oil. but there is oil okay on the stick.
i coulnd see, where it comes frome.
so at home i am another day insinde the garage. cleans the car. the engine room too.
so a far hours later i thought it only could be frome the hoses. so i take all away and cleans that.
starts the engine, and all okay. take a litte trip with the car. all akay,
thats for this day. tomorrow i will see, that all oay with no oil in the inside the engine room, hopefully.
all the best to you all. have fa little fun with my mistake ;-))
michel

Gosh what a mess. At least it will keep the rust at bay!

How much oil did you put in. If you go over the Max line it leaks straight out of the camshaft pulley wheel as there is no seal there.

Either that or the oil made it's was down the breather pipe which comes off the oil filler neck. Its hard to get the oil to go straight down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2bay.blogspot.co.uk
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:34 am

the oil was okay from filling up on the stick. it was exactly in the middle. not to hogh and not to slow.
i build in the last days a new battery on the left sde on bord, and i must take away the air filter and hoses with clamps.
i hope this is the coorect word. `"hoseclamp" was not okay.
the filling of oil is with the new tank exact 3,5 liter. i have an extra oil tank under the engine.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 <a href=What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Image11" />

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 <a href=What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Image12" />

i think the oil was going on generator and turns around in the engine room. so no rust in the next, :-)

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
oldskoolsboy

oldskoolsboy

Cabin : Exec 101

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:33 am

clutch cable swap aaaaahhhhhhhh. 3 hours on my back still not sorted... have another go tomorrow
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 am

After a hell of a lot of tweaking and coding I've finally managed to get MPG working on my digital display.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Dsc_0112

Have it showing average trip MPG as that's what I normally have displayed in my car. Not sure how accurate at the moment as I will need to calibrate it with fill up and distance calculations.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:33 am

Kiteman said
Quote :
After a hell of a lot of tweaking and coding I've finally managed to get MPG working on my digital display.

We have the system built by Kiteman. Very useful display.
Re-assuring to see Engine Temperature.
Interesting to see RPM.
Keeping the Engine Load display below 20 - 30 must mean more economical driving.
Just waiting for an update from Kiteman to show instant MPG to prove this.
osg
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 am

osg wrote:
Keeping the Engine Load display below 20 - 30 must mean more economical driving.

Oh yes. Keep the engine load as low as possible for most economical driving. Higher the load, the more petrol is being combusted.

What I'd like to do is plot some graphs for load/rpm and see how different loads at different rpm affect mpg but that's probably being a bit too anorak.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 am

Filled up our trailer with a load of wood and some other bits and went for a cruise in Tallulah to deliver them to the M I L. Serena drove, she wanted to practice with the trailer before I dismantle it, clean it and put it all back together with new bits - hoping to have it ready for France if not before.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 am

Sanded the rack and applied some Danish Oil to it whilst in situ. I think it's going to need some more coats but definitely looks better. Need to clean the chrome on it too.

What's happened to me? I'm cleaning...

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Treating Scooby today to a good wash after a long weekend away in Padstow  Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Fitted the one and only thing I bought for Max at the Volksworld Show - a £1 plastic seal that goes behind the tailgate lock. Straightforward to fit, but you do have to take out both the rear panel, and the lock mechanism before you can access the screw that holds the lock button in place. Anyway done now!  Cool 

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Scooby wrote:
Treating Scooby today to a good wash after a long weekend away in Padstow  Cool

Forgot to mention we had a minor 'sand storm' overnight on Saturday
The rain started around 10.00pm and lasted for a couple of hours
On Sunday morning we awoke to find Scooby covered in sand!
Here is a pick in the Boscastle car park later that day where the car next to us demonstrates the point!

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Img_7010

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Down at Danbury yesterday for a major service and a new starter battery. Advised that after 6 years it is time for a cambelt change at the next visit.
Also advised that we need an electric waterpump adding at the heater pipes rather than the mechanical one. Does anyone here have this system already?
Nice to see all the staff again, very busy with some beautiful campers ready to go out. Thanks to Andy for doing the work on our camper.
osg
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Started my bus up for the first time since January - no problems

That's my preperation done for my trip to Eskdale at the weekend
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 pm

I fitted new stainless steel eyelids while at Volkworld the ones I took off (3yrs old) were looking very pitted although the tin foil trick had worked a treat!

Fitted new locking wheel nuts and tow bar bike rack, to be tested properly next weekend.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Keith - where do you get the new eyelids from? Mine look terrible, although, like you say, the tin foil tip works very well if only for a short time.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Bought ours at Volksworld from MegaBug - stainless steel, £14.99 (although we were buying other bits so did some bargaining for discount)

The pair we took off were chrome and our very first modification purchase, bought at our first VW event in Stoner nr Henley 3 yrs ago, which is also where we met the Brazi crew for first time. We were happily picnicking in front of Tallulah and were approached by Kiteman, Kitegirl and pooches - we knew nothing of the forum before that point!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I can always sniff out a brazilian

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:41 am

Scooby went for a run out to Witham today to get a couple of spare keys cut by AJR Auto Electrics.
Had a good run both ways - now we doo not need to worry about loosing or breaking our only key!
Roo b Roo
 jocolor

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 7:48 am

Fitted our new bike rack - tow bar mounted - and loaded the bikes for a quick test to see how it all works.

Very pleased with the result, we can now carry up to 4 bikes and still tow a trailer. We can also access the rear door and engine bay with the rack and bikes attached which is great. Integrated security chain and padlocks too, what more could you want!

Will give it a proper road test at the weekend although not with the trailer just yet - that's the next project....

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

4 bikes, not bad.
In future i must change too. I have now for two bikes.
But this has time for a some years, not yet. :-)

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Fitted our new bike rack - tow bar mounted - and loaded the bikes for a quick test to see how it all works.

Very pleased with the result, we can now carry up to 4 bikes and still tow a trailer. We can also access the rear door and engine bay with the rack and bikes attached which is great. Integrated security chain and padlocks too, what more could you want!

Will give it a proper road test at the weekend although not with the trailer just yet - that's the next project....

Sounds good - doo you have a pic yet?

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 pm

I'll take a pic when it's next loaded up, planning to test properly at the weekend although probably only 3 bikes for the first run out.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: