brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
+68
RayC
harryhornet
kiteman
Baydreamer
Scooby
tatty
timmm
Matt
Bumble
Alfiebass
Tony880
Voyager
Hemlock
Rebeldog
lynnand steve
stuartmeldrum
Ronnie Ringding
Si How
elliec
eddy
Sunshine Daisy
Surfwagen Stan
BigDubblya
gordonmac
sparkysteve
greeny
Ianvwk
adam ramp
URmysunshine
projectnmt
docmark
greenjc90
Feliz
Kaz
stoneyuk
Firebird
jj123vw
bonnie blue
ianclarke1970
jill
Chezguinness
Happyhouse
EvoFylde
osg
poddy
Bileos
michel_bonn
marcallison
absquatulation
sunny1
dazdub
EJ
primrose
AbsintheKombi
A@C
cavus
MarcusH
Dalesman
JLS 62
beakyboy
irishman
Skytiger
Dennis
dizzylizard
Tallulah
Sunny
TimV
oldskoolsboy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Looks good kiteman. I could do with one of them.
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Fnar fnar,

I greased my nipples....

Alright, it was a ten minute job, but I seemed to spend hours repairing my grease gun, oh how I hate that job........

________________________________________________________________________________
I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
marcallison

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:43 am

Fitted a new aerial after snapping my original off with a hose pipe whilst washing the van, and it was a blessing in disguise. Sourced a new one from Classicparts. Was awkward to fit due to the angle of the original mounting hole, but with a bit of ingenuity and silicone now have a 3ft sturdy telescopic aerial that looks the part, but more impressively now allows me to tune in to radio stations I did not know existed. And it only cost £7.! A good day.
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:30 pm

what did you do on the bay?
in last time i have problems with the engine.
when the engine is cold, it started good and runs and sounds okay.
is the engine warm, it runs bad. so i give power with the feed, it dont runs good.

so i have change todaya the sparks.
i buys at "busok" in germany new kabels for the sparks. i hope that is the reason for that.
it is not the reason i have a look for the problems.
very dificult to wirte the technical problems here in englisch. i hope you could understand me bad englisch.
i will let you know when i have located the problem.
best from warm germany
michel

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Priscilla had a visit from Jemima (and Sarah & James from RetroRunaways) who bought my generator plus 5 tyres and an awning. thanks guys.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Jemima10

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm

The awning's moved on again?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Absinthe wrote:

Good to see it being put to good use Smile 

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Absinthe wrote:

sure has Laughing Scooby, Absinthe, Dalesman, RetroRunaways who next scratch 

Decided we didn't really need it, we can manage with our Bus Shelter and a small equipment tent.

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Dalesman wrote:
Priscilla had a visit from Jemima (and Sarah & James from RetroRunaways)
What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Jemima10

Ah, so I see that RetroRunaways bought Neil's DIY BraziBay then ....

*SOLD* selling my kombi

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Today I drove home from Camperjam bounce 

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
primrose

primrose

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Today I waxoyled Primrose. (and the driveway, and myself)
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Took delivery of a new 3 ton trolley jack, axle stands and heavy duty rubber wheel chocks.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Imgp1522

I had been thinking of getting new ones for a while, as my 30 year old ones weren't up to the job.

My decision was accelerated by 'something I did to my vw on Friday'. (which is why it is in this topic)

Drove across a deserted car park, and discovered a 3" kerb that shouldn't have been there.  Embarassed 

Before someone says 'should have gone to specsavers' Smile , when I went to have a look if any bits had fallen off, I wasn't the only one to have hit it, there must have been about 40+ deep gouge marks, so I reckon a few sumps must have gone.

Anyway the upshot was that having a look underneath, and a tentative drive round the car park on different locks there didn't appear to be any damage. (I can confirm that the lowest point on a lowered bay is the anti-roll bar, as it had a slight scrape on its bottom edge, another half inch and it would have bent it.

We were going to come up to Camperjam for the day on Saturday to meet up, but thought it more prudent to take a slow trip down to Breen for the day as a double check.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Imgp1523
Anyway now I'm going to have a proper check underneath, check the bearings and have the tracking checked, just relieved our Kombis are robust, any other vehicle would have had serious damage.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm

FAB use of a sun canopy on the beach too! Cool 

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm

We decided that as our Olive had a recent nose job that we would get her windows tinted...here is Kevin of Kevlon Autofilm putting the finishing touches to the side window, we are really pleased with the result.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Photo-11
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Looks great Bileos. What percentage is that and have you got it on the cab door windows too?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bileos

Bileos

Cabin : Exec 005

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks Tim as I said we are really pleased with the finish. We went for the almost darkest limo black, more for privacy when we leave the van parked up, the front isn't tinted and it's not the best of pics as it all looks pretty dark, I'll try and get a better shot which will show it off properly.
The only downside is we don't get to show off the new pretty curtains and bunting that people could have seen from outside previously.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Tallulah has been parked on a campsite near Rickmansworth since approx 8am this morning.

Nothing unusual there I hear you say, except that today she was there for the filming of series 2 of the Channel 4 comedy sketch show Cardinal Burns.

Don't know when it is due to air, but I'll let y'all know in good time.

Next time you see us, please form an orderly queue for Tallulah's autograph sunny

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Ooh. Get you!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Next time you see us, please form an orderly queue for Tallulah's autograph sunny

Looks like we've got a Kombi-diva on our hands Rolling Eyes 

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Today I ran Max down to Brand Autos for Paul to give him the once-over before our Kontinental Kaper.

I picked up a load of parts from Custom and Commercial yesterday and stored them all in the fridge to keep them cool. Wink 

New pads, discs and bearings going on the front wheels, a tappet reset, some super new spark plugs, a gearbox oil change and a full-on lubrication of the suspension. I borrowed Paul's loaner car - an Audi A4 Avant that has done 166k miles but drives like a dream. Got it home - cleaned it. Obviously. Rolling Eyes 

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:32 am

All nice and clean ready for me to use next week then, lovely job!
Back to top Go down
poddy

poddy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Today, I'm fitting a new water pump for the sink and replacing a rocker cover gasket prior to setting off tomorrow to sunny north devon.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 pm

It's been a rather eventful week so far, film shoot on Weds and another early start today heading 'darn sarf' toward Hastings to visit Neil, Gabby and Bruno at Litesteer.

Not only does Tallulah now have more oomph in the steering department, she now has a shiny new tow bar (purchased via the Danbury owners club opening offer) and a new towing eye welded at the front.

Despite the journey home taking more than an hour longer (3 1/2 hrs) it was a pleasure due to the much improved steering, and just flew by.

Neil has done a cracking job, very neat and excellent value.

Hiring a trailer to test the tow bar tomorrow, loaded up with the both kayak and camping kit - bring it on!

PS: we'd rather not test the towing eye just yet, but should we find ourselves in the situation that we need to, we are now safe in the knowledge that we can be pulled out of any sticky situation without fear of damage. sunny

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I took my Eddie to work. Now that might not be unusual for most but I'm a teacher in a large secondary school and I was treated by a mob of teenagers who all wanted a ride. It was sports day today so my fridge certainly came I handy for storing the cold drinks.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:17 pm

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Img_0110

This weekend whilst camping I mainly played with 'tarps' (I do love a 'tarp'), to create some shade, worked a treat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: