brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
+55
JLS 62
Betsy Blue
T2D2
dazdub
Dee James
daveb101
Tony880
Dennis
Skytiger
bfool
Hemlock
TimV
sundialsoft
Jeanie's girl's
Scooby
Ronnie Ringding
jpiccino
Surfwagen Stan
dougie watchorn
eddy
PeteH
Bumble
Swansal
beakyboy
Van2006
Peppa
Rebeldog
Rachelvw
irishman
harryhornet
Tallulah
Alfiebass
moira
BMac
docmark
sjohno
crossa
gordonmac
sparkysteve
Happyhouse
Baylee
timmm
554 BAY
bobbo12
buzzinfinity
URmysunshine
Voyager
Eclipse
AbsintheKombi
Monty verde
davyboy57
oldskoolsboy
greenjc90
michel_bonn
Feliz
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
URmysunshine

URmysunshine

Cabin : Exec 043

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Baylee had a service yesterday & is currently getting washed ready for a weekend away!
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Bessy Blue had her starter motor replaced (had been mis-behaving for a long time but had got a lot worse since the northern meet). Now back in her garage after being re-packed with her camping equipment.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 7:42 am

I upgraded its little companion! Meet 'Flash!'

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Image62

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Nice, About 9 sleeps!
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 5:47 pm

TimV wrote:
I upgraded its little companion! Meet 'Flash!'

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Image62

Flash a-ah
Savior of the Universe
Flash a-ah
He'll save every one of us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Spent a day taking the vinyl floor out and cleaning up the remains of the glue off the ply floor. Was losing the will to live at one point when i knelt on the floor and ripped all the hairs out my knees when i got up....ouch...oh i was wearing shorts by the way.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Packed it all up ready for the Kombi Kaper. Just food and clothes to add.

Last edited by harryhornet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 7:24 pm

My broken heated windscreen coming back from our two week holiday from Clachtoll on the north west coast of Scotland.
What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 20160710
Our Insurance company is struggling to find a screen we suggested Danbury,Just Kampers and VW Heritage but I noticed some say they don't post, so we are waiting on word from Insurance.
Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Found the loose connection in the electrics that meant the hook up was not charging the battery and as a result decided to re-instate the LED indicators that show if the split charge and hook ups are working.
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Fitted a new bike carrier having first put on the Tow Ball I have been holding on to since I got the van.
It can tilt forward to give access to the engine and the rear cabin door.

We decided the existing bike carrier did not cut it having bought Margaret a new bike recently.

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 9:39 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
Fitted a new bike carrier having first put on the Tow Ball I have been holding on to since I got the van.

We decided the existing bike carrier did not cut it having bought Margaret a new bike recently.

Which carrier did you go for?

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Tallulah wrote:
sundialsoft wrote:

Which carrier did you go for?

we bought the Buzz Rack BC2, cheapest one that did what we wanted, also lightest.
We have fitted it on and tried the bikes on it (fitted fine) but have not taken it out on the road yet. Will report back after we have, probably Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
oldskoolsboy

oldskoolsboy

Cabin : Exec 101

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Epic journey today Cheddar-Norwhich 550 round trip 12 hours at the wheel. Combi never missed a beat
If anything I was the only weak link exhausted!!
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Bought a spare gas cylinder. How do I remove the one in the van please?  I don't have a vehicle manual and don't want to blow myself up. Lol
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Tony880 wrote:
Bought a spare gas cylinder. How do I remove the one in the van please?  I don't have a vehicle manual and don't want to blow myself up. Lol

I can tell you what I did without blowing myself up, but you might want a second opinion. I closed the valve on the fitting at the top of the cylinder, and then removed the fitting with an adjustable spanner. The cylinder has a valve which closes when the fitting is removed. You might hear a momentary escape of gas but that isn't a problem. Just don't smoke when you are doing it. This is free advice for which I take no responsibility!
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Second opinion with same disclaimer  Smile

Turn the black knob fully clockwise to isolate cylinder.

Undo big nut by yellow label (left hand thread... undoes clockwise)

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Imgp2522

May be worth getting purpose made spanner for future use (available from all camping shops, mines in that state because it lives in the metal box next to the cylinder  Rolling Eyes )

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Imgp2523

The brass fitting with the black knob just unscrews normally from the top of the old bottle and screws back on the new one.
(just check the black knob is still fully closed when you screw it back on otherwise the gas will escape)

Also while you are doing it, it may be worth checking the hose. There should be a month and year of manufacture on it, and it is recommended that the hose is changed at 5 years from that date.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:27 pm

You just turn lever A and BANG!!!!!!!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Ooooops Rolling Eyes

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 pm

I ensure valve off on top of bottle and spin the bottle off no spanners needed. Tim
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Skytiger - I got DHL to pick up my windscreen from Danbury and ship to glasgow windscreen fitter.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 7:07 am

Thanks Gordon we are getting it fitted tommorow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Today I fitted replacement home made front door cards and popped to the local tyre shop for a new front tyre.

With the old door cards off I also fitted some Silent Coat sound proofing to the inside of the doors. 5 sheets of 265mm x 187mm on each door, purchased online for £14, which has made an amazing improvement to the sound quality out of the front speakers.

Volume knob to 11!!!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:07 am

Sounds great Tallulah , excuse the pun !

I washed and waxed TL , sorted out a couple of stone chips and removed the nose and finally got around to painting some unfinished white paint orange.. Looks sweet  Very Happy

Oh and added a lovely handle to our dub box which was a fantastic gift from Team Tallulah

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Fitted the Madmatz vinyl floor tiles in wedgewood and ice. Really changes the look of the interior now that the old grubby wood vinyl has gone. I applied three coats of the vinyl polish that comes with the kit, think i might sign up for dancing on ice as it is pretty slippery in there......hope it settles down as off for a short break on Monday and bit concerned that i might drop kick someone whilst exiting van on way to shower block
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Razorbaz wrote:
Fitted the Madmatz vinyl floor tiles in wedgewood and ice. Really changes the look of the interior now that the old grubby wood vinyl has gone. I applied three coats of the vinyl polish that comes with the kit, think i might sign up for dancing on ice as it is pretty slippery in there......hope it settles down as off for a short break on Monday and bit concerned that i might drop kick someone whilst exiting van on way to shower block

Picture please!?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next