brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Albert has a new coat!

Go down 
+7
Matt
Skytiger
olive
TimV
eddy
irishman
chairboy_paul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

Albert has a new coat! Empty
PostSubject: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Albert has a new coat! Img_0712
Albert has a new coat! Img_0713

Finally got the van back from the spray shop and its looking great so I thought I'd post a couple of images so you can see the progress.. Interior started in earnest now! all the internal panels are recovered in green vinyl and I am picking up the vanwurks furniture on Friday. also got a black and white madmatz floor to lay.

Fixed the little issue I had with the gears ... the chap at Just Kampers who told me to put the stop plate in the wrong way up has a lot to answer to! wasting 2 days of sodding about to get it right!

Will the issues never end though.... just looked at the linkages for my accelerator cable under the pedal.. shoddy work again by Danbury i'm afraid !! split washers only holding it all together and rusted to nothing, just came away in my hands so got that to sort out now !!!

Anyone with a RHD conversion should take a look as this is definately a weak point and could leave you stranded if not careful

More picks to follow of the interior as it comes along... cheers
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow, Albert is lookin' good in his new suit!
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 pm

looks a great colour! love the rear window sticker as well!

eddy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:18 pm

All I can say is WOW! Albert looks Suuuuperb - you must be thrilled. Plus you've gone and done it now - I really want Europa bumpers on Max now!

Have you sent a pic to Ian at VW Kampers to show him what you've done? Sure he'd be impressed.

Re the accelerator set-up: yep pretty awful but the trick is to coat it all in white grease - keeps it lubed and prevents rot.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Albert has a new coat! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Greasing mine up in the morning!!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 pm

irishman wrote:
Greasing mine up in the morning!!!

The AquaBay accelerator set-up is different irishman - you've less to worry about. But nothing wrong with a bit of grease on the linkage anyway.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Fantastic............love it all especially the bumpers. Cant wait to see the interior. All this from just a panel van. Great stuff keep it up.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Clear/Red/Clear Tail Lenses now. Go on you know you want to Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:15 pm

That looks stunning, great colour, bumpers look good.

There definately must be a better way of operating accelerator, something similar to the brake pedal is what I was thinking.

Looking forward to see the interior take shape.

Perhaps a bit of window tinting?
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Looking very smart, and shinny. Time to get that brazilian waxed for the winter. (thats going to dissappoint some-one google searching)

Matt.

Albert has a new coat! Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 am

Albert looks fantastic, what a difference, Bumpers & Grill really nice. Did you have any problems fitting the step, read somewhere the Brazi jack points are different width?

Cheers K

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 am

Are you able to join us at Basildon Park this Saturday chairboy? It's near your place. It'd be great to see Albert close up.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am

That's one hell of a transformation, looks like a completely different bus now.

Like the Tin Top as well gives it a sleeker look. Cool

Albert has a new coat! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Wow that looks well cool :-)
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone most appreciated !! I am well pleased with the results so far but a lot still to do !!

Tim,

I am very pleased with the Europa bumpers, they went on fairly easily. The deformation panel has the horizontal fixing holes but doesn't have captive nuts welded behind them so you would need to use a cavity fixing to get them on. On the rear you need late bay bumper Irons and it simply bolts on easy. I would recommend the deluxe rubber trims as they really tidy them up and look great... go for it !

What time are you meeting on Sat, I may be able to get up for a while but had unfortunately already made plans for the day. It would be good to put some names to faces and see some vans, I still have lots of questions and am looking for good interior ideas..

Skytiger,

Tinted windows will follow at some point !! but will probably have to wait as have spent a small fortune already and I think the wife will need a treat first! (this should free up some more funds!)

Kev,

Your right the jacking points are further apart on the Brazibay.. I love the look of the side step so bit the bullet and ordered one from Danbury.. painfully expensive for an extra foot of aluminium foot plate !!

hope to see you sat if I can squeeze it in..... cheers Paul
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Meeting at noon on Saturday at BrazilianVWBaydon Park!

Please come if you can - I want to see those Europas in the flesh!!

Brazilian Bay Picnic - Sat 16th Oct 2010 - Page 2

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Be great to meet you and Albert, hope you make it .

Cheers K.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

PostSubject: a few more pics!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Albert has a new coat! Img_0716
Albert has a new coat! Img_0717
Albert has a new coat! Img_0718
Albert has a new coat! Img_0719
Albert has a new coat! Img_0720
Albert has a new coat! Img_0721

A few more pics as the interior is all in now.. just building up the confidence to cut a 60mm hole in the floor for the table leg! just a bit of wiring, curtains and couple of cushions to go and then we are almost there!!

Well pleased with the Vunderbra!! pricey but sets off the van nicely..

sorry a couldn't make Basildon in the end as timings were too tight, anyone planning on going to the slough swap meet??
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Very good,like the Vanwurks units, rather than cut a hole you can get a tripod base which enables you to take the table outside too.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Albert is looking great!

What slider mech have you used to store the table? Looks good.

Will try and make Slough but will need to confirm nearer time.

Cheers K.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Albert has come on a treat.
Like the side unit, got me thinking now.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Lovely ol' job cheers

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:02 pm

kiteman wrote:
Albert has come on a treat.
Like the side unit, got me thinking now.

Kiteman, I have a brand new Amigo interior never been used, if you are interested in joining them together to give you more storage space.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks for the offer but will probably go for a complete redesign. Only thinking at the moment.

Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 am

hi Kev.

the table holder came with the Vanwurks top locker. I think its bespoke to them. Its basically a aly craddle with some foam padding and a little swing down catch at the front to stop the table sliding forward.

Looking at the top locker if id have realised how ridiculously straightforward it is id have probably saved the money and built one myself out of MDF and sprayed it up myself!

If anyone wants some dimensions for a winter project give me a shout
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albert has a new coat!   Albert has a new coat! Empty

Back to top Go down

Albert has a new coat!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next