brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.

Go down 
+4
Scooby
dazdub
osg
irishman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. Empty
PostSubject: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 8:52 pm

So it's ten years ago this month that I caught the train from Hove station to Yate to collect Mish from Danbury, it was a few months before I was due to retire from the Met Police after 30 years.
Like all of us a huge investment/commitment, it was to be our daily drive as well as holiday vehicle, and has! It's breen driven almost every day for the last ten years, on the school run, shopping, work, holidays the lot.
We have had some amazing holidays, and stayed in some bizarre places as well as camp sites, car parks, beaches, forests, central London, Euro Disney car park, at weddings and birthdays. I keep a diary of all the nights we have slept in the van, and they total just shy of a year!
I found this forum nine years ago, shortly after getting frustrated with Danbury and thier after sales service. I met Tim shortly after at, I think the first brazibay get together at bus fest. He's been fantastic getting this forum to where it is now, and personally without the support of it, I'm convinced I would have sold Mish long ago. There have been many times when I've got frustrated with an issue and Tim has said, "but what would you swap it for?"

There have been several 'firsts' for Mish, when Tim and I took Max and Mish to Longlife at Swansea to be used as templates for the stainless steel exhausts, meeting Neal from Litesteer at Volksworld show, and Mish then being the first brazibay to have Litesteer fitted. Mish then gained another first when the coolant pipes rotted thru and Neal came to the rescue using him as a template to make stainless ones.

So I love my van, sometimes hate it, tho' usually short lived, I would have sold Mish long ago if it wasn't for the following people and businesses, in no particular order, 'the boss ' Tim Votier and this forum, Neal at Litesteer an incredible engineer and lovely fella, Paul, and now Stuart at Brand Autos who are magicians in my view, they make Mish purr, and Ian and his team at Brazilian Kampers who have come to my rescue on more than one occasion!

So thanks to them all, and here's to the next ten years!!
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks for your story. We, along with lots of others here, have gained from some of your developments.
Interesting that you keep a diary. Although we return to some quite a lot, over ten years we have slept in 32 different locations. How about you?
osg
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Top job rock on the next 10 years
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Congratulations to you and Mish
FAB summary of the trials and tribulations of Kombi ownership
Here's to the next ten years

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Nice words irish!!

It’s been a pleasure!! Long may your BraziBay bring you smiles!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Fab insight Irishman and another here's to the next ten years from me.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 am

Great post! Very Happy

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Great post. Long live the dream.
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm

osg wrote:
Thanks for your story. We, along with lots of others here, have gained from some of your developments.
Interesting that you keep a diary. Although we return to some quite a lot, over ten years we have slept in 32 different locations. How about you?
osg

Only beaten you by one! We do tend to return to our favourite spots. In the summer we do three to four weeks in Cornwall, first two always spent at the same site, great surfing for wife and child, and amazing fishing, taking my lobster pots this year so fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am

Irishman
Can see how you have spent a whole year in your camper when you stay away for long periods at a time.
We have used ours as a dayvan to entertain our grandchildren through to the end of their junior school days - hope they are now hooked.
Also we wanted to visit new parts of the country. After 53, mostly short trips away we have a total of only 109 nights.
With a full Danbury service history and parts replaced when worn we hope the camper can keep on for another ten years (at least)
osg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.   Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tenth anniversary for 'Mish'.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: