brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

What did you do to your VW today?

Go down 
+35
Voyager
apm101
Betsy Blue
BigDubblya
Kevins
Ardigon
eddy
Tallulah
osg
dizzylizard
TimV
beakyboy
irishman
Scooby
Dee James
dazdub
Surfwagen Stan
Skytiger
Marty
PeteH
harryhornet
Bumble
Ronnie Ringding
Hemlock
Purple
sparkysteve
CarolinePH
sundialsoft
buzzinfinity
daveb101
JLS 62
T2D2
Feliz
Gmsuk
Dennis
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 11:35 am

SORNed it.
It looks like it could be several months before Eddie will be active again so I thought I’d get some tax back.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 9:30 am

Received my refund for SORNing Bumble. cheers

£22.08 for one month is better than nothing!

P.
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 am

Cleaned out the rain gutters, lightly sanded them and added another brush-coat of smooth white Hammerite.
Seems to be doing a good protective job, but needs re-doing each year
osg
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Added a coat of Meguiar's NXT generation Tech Wax 2.0 to the newly painted gutters.
And renewed the white tape pieces that prevent the pop-top scratching the roof surface when down.
Running out of jobs to keep me amused during lockdown
osg
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Sanded down and varnished the 'drinks' stand we bought a while back.

P.

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 20200410

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 20200412
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:09 pm

What a lovely feeling, first time out on the road after the winter lay-up. Started second time and running sweetly.
An acceptable single round trip to buy in layer's mash and split maize for our chickens.
Sadly, back to continuation of the lay-up now
Stay safe everyone
osg
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Positioned the camper on top of a large blue plastic sheet. This will catch the drips tomorrow. Using the warm weather to ensure that aerosol Dinitrol ML is squirted into all accessible cavities and aerosol Dinitrol Metallic is used to top up the cover on external surfaces.
osg
Back to top Go down
Dizzy10

Cabin : Exec 067

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi,

Just like everyone else, tinkering and refining. So far in the last few weeks, new steering wheel, new carpets, recovered all the panels and now new fog lights... running out of tasks.

Dizzy10

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 030b3a10
What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 9f2bc210
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Nice fog lights @dizzy10 I’ve been looking for some like that for a while, where did you get them?

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Dizzy10

Cabin : Exec 067

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi, Spot Lights are from "Aircooled Accessories" 5" version. They look pretty good quality to me and can be ordered with clear, amber or red lenses and have chrome front and surrounds and a black back plate on them. They are reduced from £50 to £35 at present on their website which tempted me to buy. You can also get then with chrome grills on if you want.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:22 pm

Said goodbye to one of them.

Tango and I have been through a lot in the 3 years since I took over ownership. A totally pleasurable ownership experience. From converting him from a 2 berth Tintop into a 4 berth Spaceroof camper through to our wonderful year in Ibiza. This is one amazing VW and I know he’s going to bring a lot of joy to the family he’s going to live with. See you again sometime bud 🚌♥

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 7f6d7810

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:31 am

Hi Tim
Sorry you've parted with your Camper, but pleased we may have gained a new member?
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:39 am

osg wrote:
Hi Tim
Sorry you've parted with your Camper, but pleased we may have gained a new member?
osg

Indeed. I'll let them introduce themselves. Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 9:53 am

Treated seats with AutoGlym Leather Balm - not sure how effective it is but we keep on using it.

We didn't have leather originally. We ordered the camper with a beautiful Pathos Oatmeal blue-grey cloth. Unfortunately the material literally disintegrated very rapidly when exposed to sun-light. So much so that a poked finger would go straight through. Danbury were very good about it and arranged a complete re-upholster. We paid a bit extra for this to be done in leather which has removed worries about spillage as it is easy to keep clean.
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 11:08 am

osg wrote:
Treated seats with AutoGlym Leather Balm - not sure how effective it is but we keep on using it.

We didn't have leather originally. We ordered the camper with a beautiful Pathos Oatmeal blue-grey cloth. Unfortunately the material literally disintegrated very rapidly when exposed to sun-light. So much so that a poked finger would go straight through. Danbury were very good about it and arranged a complete  re-upholster. We paid a bit extra for this to be done in leather which has removed worries about spillage as it is easy to keep clean.
osg

Armorall Protectant is also very good at maintaining the suppleness of both leather and vinyl fyi. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Thanks Tim, will look out for Amorall Protectant
osg
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:44 pm

Was able to drive to one of our favorite parks today.
50k round trip was good for the camper and good for our well being
osg
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 5:50 pm

osg wrote:
Was able to drive to one of our favorite parks today.
50k round trip was good for the camper and good for our well being
osg

Nice to hear osg , mine needs a run so we plan on doing much the same at the weekend.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptySat May 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Camper on the road again, emergency supplies from Homebase to fix broken house toilet.
Pleased that house maintenance and exercise venues can keep us rolling until the camp-sites re-open
osg
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Finally TigerLily came out of hibernation , so yesterday we gave her a run around the Thanet Coast taking in Ramsgate , Margate and Broadstairs , grabbed a socially distanced fish supper and then headed home. Bright and early this morning she took us to Folkestone Harbour where we had a lovely walk and picked up some freshly caught seafood. Looking forward to dinner tonight.

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Beakyboy
Pleased to see we are not the only ones out on the road.
Hope everyone else can return to near normal soon
osg
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Essential supplies of garden compost, grow-bags and canes picked up from the garden centre to keep our produce growing. Social distancing well managed by the garden centre.
I was impressed yesterday by a retired judge saying that 'now that we have saved the NHS, lockdown should cease and we should be able to manage our own risks'.
osg
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 3:22 pm

osg wrote:
Beakyboy
Pleased to see we are not the only ones out on the road.
Hope everyone else can return to near normal soon
osg

My van really needed a run having not moved since lock down. When I tried to move her out of the garage it started up first time but trying to engage 1st gear nothing was happening. I turned her off and managed to find the gears so though I'd start her up again and again no gears!! Only one thing to do , call Daz..... The miracle worker quickly diagnosed the gearbox was probably alright and most likely the clutch plate had partially ceased due to inactivity. We popped her into first gear with foot on clutch and heavily on the brake and turned her over , she lurched forward and made a fairly loud bang but it did the job and released the clutch plate. That Daz is a top man cheers

For me our vans need to be used so I will be doing something every week , if only to take her to the supermarket or a park to exercise the dog. We will ensure we socially distance and stay safe.

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 10:20 am

Beakyboy
Pleased that you now have working gears.

Please can I ask, had the clutch plate seized in the clutch-up position (drive connected) whilst parked up in gear?
If so I wonder if there is a way of preventing this

I have recently heard that use of a power-washer on classic vehicles can introduce water and cause rusting to internal areas such as the gearbox. Could this cause a problem with our clutches?
osg
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 5:23 pm

osg wrote:
Beakyboy
Pleased that you now have working gears.

Please can I ask, had the clutch plate seized in the clutch-up position (drive connected) whilst parked up in gear?
If so I wonder if there is a way of preventing this

I have recently heard that use of a power-washer on classic vehicles can introduce water and cause rusting to internal  areas such as the gearbox. Could this cause a problem with our clutches?
osg

Hi Osg , the van was in neutral in the garage, we had taken her for a quick spin the day before lockdown so she had effectively just sat for 9 weeks.. I should have really moved her every week , think that might be the solution.,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your VW today?   What did you do to your VW today? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your VW today?
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next