brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Winter is coming, what cover have you got?

Go down 
+5
CarolinePH
Dennis
Voyager
Scooby
Dee James
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

Winter is coming, what cover have you got? Empty
PostSubject: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 12:42 pm

With winter fast approaching i`m thinking of getting a cover for Sulley, anyone got one they would recommend?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am

There are Pros and Cons to a cover - doo look at other threads - you can use the search function to help, but here is one link

Link: Winter Cover

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 1:15 pm

Scooby wrote:
There are Pros and Cons to a cover - doo look at other threads - you can use the search function to help, but here is one link

Link: Winter Cover

Hi Scooby,

I`ve done a search and read a few threads although i did miss that one so thank you

I did notice yourself, and others with free range bays don`t use covers and understand the reasoning and I`m still a bit on the fence if i`m honest but was wondering if i did get one what do people use and recommend or conversely what people used did n`t like and got rid of.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 3:30 pm

We bought one from Danbury, but the brand is Maypole. Their T2 cover is available for about £75. We have a dummy spare wheel cover on the front and a real one on the back, and it's big enough to fit.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:13 am

Voyager wrote:
We bought one from Danbury, but the brand is Maypole. Their T2 cover is available for about £75. We have a dummy spare wheel cover on the front and a real one on the back, and it's big enough to fit.

I think it was the Maypole one i was looking at.

Would you recommend it Voyager?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

Dee James wrote:
Voyager wrote:

Yes, that's the one I'd recommend. It's breathable too, which is important. I suggest washing the van before covering it, so that the cover doesn't grind any grit and dirt into your paintwork.
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

Voyager wrote:
Dee James wrote:
Voyager wrote:

Yes, that's the one I'd recommend. It's breathable too, which is important. I suggest washing the van before covering it, so that the cover doesn't grind any grit and dirt into your paintwork.

Good advice, thanks Voyager

Last edited by Dee James on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Never used one I just wash it give it a good coat of wax I leave a tube heater on 24/7 through the winter. And try and take it for a run to stop it feeling un loved. Tim
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 am

Dennis wrote:
Never used one  I  just wash it give it a good coat of wax I leave a tube heater on 24/7 through the winter. And try and take it for a run to stop it feeling un loved. Tim

We try to doo the same Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 pm

Lily is parked outside and there are quite a few trees around although no branches directly above her. I use a cover from Just Kampers. It’s the luxury breathable one with door access. It’s over a year old now and still looks really good. It’s quite heavy to get on but I’m 5’4” and quite small so I just use a small step ladder for ease!

Following advice from members I never put it on when Lily is wet.

I put a couple of trays of cat litter in Lily during the Winter month era when I’m not using her so much and last Winter (my first as her owner) had no problems with damp.

Hope this may help!”

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm

CarolinePH wrote:
Lily is parked outside and there are quite a few trees around although no branches directly above her. I use a cover from Just Kampers. It’s the luxury breathable one with door access. It’s over a year old now and still looks really good. It’s quite heavy to get on but I’m 5’4” and quite small so I just use a small step ladder for ease!

Following advice from members I never put it on when Lily is wet.

I put a couple of trays of cat litter in Lily during the Winter month era when I’m not using her so much and last Winter (my first as her owner) had no problems with damp.

Hope this may help!”

Caroline

Very helpful Caroline, liking the cat litter idea
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:28 pm

By the way, door access is definitely a good idea. The cheaper Just Kampers cover doesn't have door access, the more expensive one and the Maypole one do.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Voyager wrote:
By the way, door access is definitely a good idea. The cheaper Just Kampers cover doesn't have door access, the more expensive one and the Maypole one do.

Isn’t Emerald close enough?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Winter is coming, what cover have you got? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 pm

TimV wrote:
Voyager wrote:

I think this was meant for another thread Tim, it looks close ish
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 pm

Dee James wrote:
TimV wrote:
Voyager wrote:

I think this was meant for another thread Tim, it looks close ish

Crossing-the-streams @Dee James!!

That’s what happens when I log in on the move!!

#whoyagonnacall

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Winter is coming, what cover have you got? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
twinklep

twinklep

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 12:08 am

I use a storm cover from a north west supplier will get the name shortly
Back to top Go down
lornamac

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

When we brought Bella home we assumed she'd fit in the garage so would spend the winter there. Unfortunately the up-and-over garage door meant there wasn't enough height by about 10cm. Our expensive winter cover has been a new garage door! Like the cat litter idea.
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm

During the Winter when Lily isn’t used so much I also push sponges liberally sprinkled with essential peppermint oil into any gaps that are remotely “mouse size” (in the floor by the accelerator/brake pedals) and also one in the engine bay to protect the wiring from being chewed. Apparently mice hate the smell of peppermint!

Worked so far!

I’ve got a note on the steering wheel to remind myself about the sponge in the engine bay...don’t want to wreck my engine!

Back to top Go down
Vman

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 1:24 am

The only one you have a chance of doing more good than harm with... is the storm force  its on offer at 120£ at the moment from mad matz reduced I paid 150£.. Its 4 layer breathable you will still get condensation this time of year but it is fully water proof and breathable so the condensation should go... Most of them are complete crap and say "water resistant" so As you get a good spell of rain the van will be soaked and just traps water underneath.... Get this one or I would not bother at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter is coming, what cover have you got?   Winter is coming, what cover have you got? Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter is coming, what cover have you got?
Page 1 of 1