brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Hello from Surrey

Go down 
+7
leeophonic
harryhornet
osg
Bumble
beakyboy
TimV
Gavinskii
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gavinskii

Cabin : Club

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Just thought I should do a quick intro.

I’m very new to Brazilian Bay ownership having sealed the deal today for Daisy (in the classifieds). However I cut my teeth on several VW Splitties back in the naughties and over the last 4 years had a couple of T5 California’s.

El Presidente (Tim V) has been a personal friend for over 35 years, however I’d never been driven in a bay until today!

Like the rest of you, I can’t wait for restrictions to be lifted so I can get back to nature again.

I’m most likely to be spotted with the boss Debs and our little Cavalier King Charles - Rosie. The kids have flown the nest - so it’s music festivals, good food and company which rock our world these days Cool

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyMon May 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Welcome to the Brazibunch Gav! 🥳

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Hello from Surrey Melogo11
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyTue May 26, 2020 8:51 am

Welcome to the forum Gavinskii , look forward to seeing you out and about on the other side.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:36 am

Gavinskii wrote:
The kids have flown the nest - so it’s music festivals, good food and company which rock our world these days  Cool

Welcome Gavinskii,

nothing wrong with your priorities!

This thread needs pictures (sorry Scooby) jocolor

P.
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:59 am

Pleased to have a new member living a new life
osg
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyTue May 26, 2020 10:44 am

Welcome Gav, Debs and Rosie. Look forward to seeing you at a club meet when we’re allowed out to play again.
Back to top Go down
leeophonic

leeophonic

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptySat May 30, 2020 11:30 am

Also in Surrey with my static display pieceHello from Surrey P1050917
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptySun May 31, 2020 9:03 am

Hi & welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Gavinskii

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome cheers

I picked up Daisy from Saffend-on sea yesterday lunchtime from long term custodian Victor and his wife who had owned her since 2011. Originally owned by one of Danbury’s directors, Daisy seems to have had all the right mods done to her.
Stainless water pipes, stainless exhaust system, under slung lpg tank, 3way fridge, and webasto auxiliary heating and park distance control!

I enjoyed a great 75 mile trip back and couldn’t believe how adequate that little 1400cc water pumper is
Unfortunately during the drive I gained a flashback to my splitty ownership days with the steering feeling all too familiar (wandering off line and needing correction very regularly).  

Today I embarked on swapping out the original Pioneer stereo (with cd slot and remote) for a new Pioneer  SPH10BT unit at the princely cost of around £100! I was rather hoping it would be a plug and play arrangement and I could dazzle my wife with my superlative diy prowess in about 30mins.......needless to say the swapover didn’t run smoothly as Pioneer had reversed a key wiring loom plug by 180 degrees. Having had a quick look online I couldn’t find a conversion plug so against my better judgement I located a stack of heat shrink crimp connectors in a long forgotten corner of my shed and one by one cut and rejoined 16 wires from old to new plug (fortunately the wiring colours remained the same). To say I was elated when I flicked the ignition on and it burst into life would be an understatement!!!!

Anyway the good news is the stereo sounds better than before, the stereo has a special built in clamp which grips my smartphone - so this acts as a Sat nav. It has a usb charging port, I can Bluetooth Apple Music / stored media or digital radio stations as well as using analogue radio.  Best of all I now have handsfree calling all at a modest price point Cool

stefjb likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptySun May 31, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello from Surrey too! So you've discovered the Brazi Sway! I hate it. Whereabouts in Surrey are you so we can look out for you.
Monica
Back to top Go down
Gavinskii

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:03 pm

I’m in Bookham, what about yourself?
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm

Neighbours! Epsom
Back to top Go down
Betsy Blue

Betsy Blue

Cabin : Exec 081

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 9:02 am

Hello and welcome! and as your close by (we are in Guildford) we will see you around the area!
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Hi, I’m in Surrey too. Esher!
A few of us local now.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 9:22 am

Hello and Welcome!
Cavaliers are a pretty perfect fit to Brazilian bay life *other dogs are available😉

Hello from Surrey Img_2095
Back to top Go down
Gavinskii

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 12:22 am

Hello from Surrey 20200612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Surrey   Hello from Surrey Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Surrey
Page 1 of 1