brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Hiring out my Kombi - advice please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sussex Ram

Cabin : Club

kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please Empty
PostSubject: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi,

I am based in West Sussex and looking to hire out Mabel on a self-drive basis.

Can anyone help with the following:

1) Best places to advertise?
2) Best insurance company short term insurance (day, weekend or weekly)?
3) Where I can get a copy of a rental agreement?
4) What deposit should I take?
5) Should I allow European travel or restrict it to the UK?

Thank you in advance.

Shaun
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi Shaun, hope you are well.

There is a restricted access section of the forum called Kombi Konnect that is dedicated to kombi hirers. I’ll ask @timv to give you access as there is lots of useful info in there.

Here are some quick answers and suggestions.
1) When we were hiring out Tallulah we didn’t pay to advertise anywhere. We built a website/blog and created a FB page then went about posting pics and travel updates. We went along to lots of dub events and handed out business cards (offset event costs as expenses against tax) and generally spread the word. We listed Tallulah on Camperbug too, but that was it.
2) I believe Camperbug still offer short term insurance cover (doesn’t matter if the booking came from them) as well as 3, 6 and 12 month self drove cover. For a couple of years we had an all encompassing policy with Alan Boswelll, but it’s not cheap so you need to be sure you will get enough hires to make it viable.
3) Can’t remember if I posted a copy in Kombi Konnect or not, but I can probably dig out a copy for you.
4) We took £100 deposit to secure a booking with the balance due 4 weeks before (might have been 8 weeks...) and a £750 security deposit - the idea is that it would at least match the insurance excess.
5) That’s up to you, but we never did. If Tallulah broke down in the U.K. then the AA would bring her home. But abroad? She could be stuck out there for weeks waiting to come home.

Hope that helps.

Tallulah.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:47 am

Hand on heart, has anyone actually made a worthwhile living from hiring out Brazzers?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 1:30 pm

Purple wrote:
Hand on heart, has anyone actually made a worthwhile living from hiring out Brazzers?

We hired Tallulah out for the first few years of ownership and it gave us enough income to service all of our own holiday needs and a bit extra. Also all service, MOT and other vehicle related costs were covered, including insurance and AA cover.

You won't make a significant profit from hiring out 1 van, but enough to make it worthwhile.

T.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sussex Ram

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Thank you Talulah for your help and asking Tim to provide me with access to Kombi Konnect.

Regards

Shaun

Tallulah wrote:
Hi Shaun, hope you are well.

There is a restricted access section of the forum called Kombi Konnect that is dedicated to kombi hirers. I’ll ask @timv to give you access as there is lots of useful info in there.

Here are some quick answers and suggestions.
1) When we were hiring out Tallulah we didn’t pay to advertise anywhere. We built a website/blog and created a FB page then went about posting pics and travel updates. We went along to lots of dub events and handed out business cards (offset event costs as expenses against tax) and generally spread the word. We listed Tallulah on Camperbug too, but that was it.
2) I believe Camperbug still offer short term insurance cover (doesn’t matter if the booking came from them) as well as 3, 6 and 12 month self drove cover. For a couple of years we had an all encompassing policy with Alan Boswelll, but it’s not cheap so you need to be sure you will get enough hires to make it viable.
3) Can’t remember if I posted a copy in Kombi Konnect or not, but I can probably dig out a copy for you.
4) We took £100 deposit to secure a booking with the balance due 4 weeks before (might have been 8 weeks...) and a £750 security deposit - the idea is that it would at least match the insurance excess.
5) That’s up to you, but we never did. If Tallulah broke down in the U.K. then the AA would bring her home. But abroad? She could be stuck out there for weeks waiting to come home.

Hope that helps.

Tallulah.
Back to top Go down
Sussex Ram

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 3:44 pm

I am not looking at making a living out of hiring Mable. Just enough to cover her annual costs and a small profit.

Regards

Shaun

Tallulah wrote:
Purple wrote:

We hired Tallulah out for the first few years of ownership and it gave us enough income to service all of our own holiday needs and a bit extra. Also all service, MOT and other vehicle related costs were covered, including insurance and AA cover.

You won't make a significant profit from hiring out 1 van, but enough to make it worthwhile.

T.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiring out my Kombi - advice please   kombi - Hiring out my Kombi - advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiring out my Kombi - advice please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Brazilian VW Bay Bizness :: Brazilian VW Bays For Hire-
Jump to: