brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 1:37 pm

A quick search suggests this has been asked and some Danbury sunroofs leak but has anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof and if so what one did you go for?

I've also read a few threads regarding leaky sunroofs, did Danbury use various types, are some better than others ofr is it down to poor fitting?

My skylight needs replacing and has been sealed round the edge with what I assume is black bitumen so doesn't look great plus it would be nice to be able to get some air in the back for the kids when traveling, I'm assuming it's ok to have the sunroof open on the go?

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Our Danbury sunroof has always been watertight when closed.
We are just frustrated that it cannot be opened when there is rain because there is no lip to prevent water coming in.
osg
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 2:13 pm

osg wrote:
Our Danbury sunroof has always been watertight when closed.
We are just frustrated that it cannot be opened when there is rain because there is no lip to prevent water coming in.
osg

Hi osg, the one downside I've read . . . .

do you know what model roof you have by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 5:14 pm

I would try and fit a heiki style vent, it allows ventilation when raining and light. I wanted to replace our sunroof but the hole that Danbury cut was too big. Tim
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 7:08 pm

In reply to your query, our sunroof is a Topline T200.
However it emerged some time ago that they are no longer produced.
osg
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks both
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:54 pm

I'd replace your air vent with a new crystal Fiamma one Dee - I love the one I have on Max - it can be open when it's raining and it looks cool.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 10:07 pm

TimV wrote:
I'd replace your air vent with a new crystal Fiamma one Dee - I love the one I have on Max - it can be open when it's raining and it looks cool.

Like this, Tim?:-

https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/caravan-motorhome/fiamma-crystal-caravan-roof-light-vent-400-x-400/

https://www.grasshopperleisure.co.uk/fiamma-400-rooflight-vent---crystal-1381-p.asp

Does look good.

In the wind, it we leave ours open and the wind's in the wrong direction, it flats open fully. Mad

P.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 10:25 pm

That’s the one @bumble

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 am

TimV wrote:

I fear cleaning up the unsightly black sealant will be a bit of a mission, one of the reasons I'm contemplating a sunroof, the bigger hole would effectively cut that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?   Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone changed the skylight for a sunroof?
Page 1 of 1