brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.

Go down 
+3
Rosielin
T2D2
Ianvwk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. Empty
PostSubject: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:40 am

Hi,

Im sure most of you are aware of this but Pilote the French based motorhome company that bought Danbury in 2017 has pulled out of the UK market and in doing so has closed Danbury Motorhomes on the 28th August.

My good friend Dave at Vanworx has bought the trading name, website, IP, brand and all remaining parts left in the factory in Yate.

His plan is to develop the T6 side of the market and imporve the range and build quality and keep the Danbury brand going for years to come.

When we were there a few weeks ago to stock take we found there to be a number of parts still in stock for the T2's that we are hoping to acquire, we are also working with our supplys in Brazil to bring over much needeed parts so there is no need to worry about the future of keeping your T2's on the road.

Persoanlly i think this is a postive thing to happen to a long standing brand that has suffered from bad management for many years.

If you have any T2 warranty claims please email danbury@vanworx.co.uk.

Many Thanks

Ian Harris

VW Kampers

________________________________________________________________________________
www.vwkampers.co.uk

LesleyH likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 3:55 pm

Do you know if they have filled for bankruptcy? We still have a pre-paid service plan with a habitation and service left on it. Sad

________________________________________________________________________________
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 pm

They havent gone bankrupt, just changed hands.

How long is your service plan for?

Ill talk to Dave at Van worx for you .

Ian

VWK

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Rosielin

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:09 pm

totally unaware this was happening, lol. So next questions is anyone know the nearest place to Newent Gloucestershire for me to take Rosie to for tlc when she needs it? Thanks x
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:55 pm

We owe a lot to Danbury (Beetles UK - the Jones brothers) for creating the BraziBay World we have now.
Sad, but perhaps inevitable when production stopped, that this has had to fade away
Pleased we still have others filling the gap.
osg
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Thanks ian. We will get in touch with vanworx although typical danbury its not dave's fault. We only had this year left and We were going to stop using them when it ran out anyway!

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Very sad news Sad
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:34 pm

I wouldn’t worry about the Jones Brothers @osg, I’m sure they were happy with their buyout from Pilote!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 am

Does this mean that should we need parts for things like the rack and pinion steering designed by Creative Engineering, we can now go back to them. It has always annoyed me that although it was designed for the Brazibay, as far as I could see, only the frame was specific, and the rack, knuckles and other parts were common to their other designs, but we were told that we had to go back to Danbury irrespective. To my mind this was bordering on restrictive practice. I stopped going to Danbury when Matt left as he had the knowledge, and when anyone had a good idea, like skytigers fuel filler and the brake corrector, suddenly the people selling them couldn't, because Danbury apparently had the sole rights. (Mini rant over) Smile
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 am

dizzylizard wrote:
Does this mean that should we need parts for things like the rack and pinion steering designed by Creative Engineering, we can now go back to them. It has always annoyed me that although it was designed for the Brazibay, as far as I could see, only the frame was specific, and the rack, knuckles and other parts were common to their other designs, but we were told that we had to go back to Danbury irrespective. To my mind this was bordering on restrictive practice. I stopped going to Danbury when Matt left as he had the knowledge, and when anyone had a good idea, like skytigers fuel filler and the brake corrector, suddenly the people selling them couldn't, because Danbury apparently had the sole rights. (Mini rant over) Smile
spot on
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi Dizzy,

Im afriad not, CE doesnt and wont stock these items.

We will be working with Dave @ Vanworx so will have spares and solutions and maybe even be able to retro fit these fits.

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 11:14 am

Does anyone know of a good place to get our van serviced in the Exeter/Taunton area?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Midnite Yodeller wrote:
Does anyone know of a good place to get our van serviced in the Exeter/Taunton area?

Ask Paul at O'Connors Hire - he recently purchased a 2009 Kombi from me at VW Kampers. He will have someone local that he can keep his Kombi maintained by. Basketball

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.   Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands. Empty

Back to top Go down

Danbury Motorcaravans changing hands.
Page 1 of 1