brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Help with any information on my 1999 Bay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leemundo

Cabin : Club

Help with any information on my 1999 Bay Empty
PostSubject: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 6:06 am

Hi there,
I'm trying to get to know a bit about my RHD 1999 Brazilian Bay.
I'd love to know any info you might be able to gleam from the photos about it re the type of conversion/roof etc (It has some dodgy Devon Moonraker stickers on the body but I don't think that means anything).  It seems to look a lot like a Danbury Rio but it has a solid rear passenger window which doesn't seem to be common.  I emailed Danbury to try and confirm but didn't hear back. I can't seem to find a similar roof through searches.  The roof does have "Beetles UK" embossed on the end but that doesn't seem to help with any google searches either.  Are there any good sources to trace its history (import/conversion) by its VIN?  I do know that the engine has been changed a couple of times and currently has an AD type 1 installed.

I couldn't work out how to upload pics so have a link to them here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i8Tk92uRPFtzwNFS7

Many thanks in advance!
Lee
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:45 am

Think beetles UK was the early name of danbury?

Leemundo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm

Leemundo wrote:
Hi there,
I'm trying to get to know a bit about my RHD 1999 Brazilian Bay.
I'd love to know any info you might be able to gleam from the photos about it re the type of conversion/roof etc (It has some dodgy Devon Moonraker stickers on the body but I don't think that means anything).  It seems to look a lot like a Danbury Rio but it has a solid rear passenger window which doesn't seem to be common.  I emailed Danbury to try and confirm but didn't hear back. I can't seem to find a similar roof through searches.  The roof does have "Beetles UK" embossed on the end but that doesn't seem to help with any google searches either.  Are there any good sources to trace its history (import/conversion) by its VIN?  I do know that the engine has been changed a couple of times and currently has an AD type 1 installed.

I couldn't work out how to upload pics so have a link to them here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i8Tk92uRPFtzwNFS7

Many thanks in advance!
Lee

If you look in the classified ads section dated 1st feb 2019 there is a 1993 white tin top with the same interior and blanked side window as yours. Looking at your roof, it looks like a later addition to the van, I don't recognise the spec of your roof, but it looks quite bulky.....?

Leemundo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Bob wrote:
Think beetles UK was the early name of danbury?

Yes, my 03 van has the UK Beetles sticker in the rear window and on the owners folder and order form.

Leemundo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leemundo

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks for your assistance Bob and Purple. Yes that does look the same interior. The roof is a little boxy and has no berths. It's not the worst looking but certainly not the best :-)
After your posts, I refined my search and saw an old magazine article that said Beetles UK imported the vehicle and Danbury did the conversion.
Cheers, Lee

Purple likes this post

Back to top Go down
Purple

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm

Leemundo wrote:
Thanks for your assistance Bob and Purple.  Yes that does look the same interior.  The roof is a little boxy  and has no berths.  It's not the worst looking but certainly not the best :-)
After your posts, I refined my search and saw an old magazine article that said Beetles UK imported the vehicle and Danbury did the conversion.
Cheers, Lee

You might already be aware, but Danbury / Beetles UK folded about 18 months ago. They were bought out by Pilote a few years ago and the T2 Bay part of the business became less of a priority to the T5/T6 market. I think Pilote then pulled out of the UK and sold the Danbury name to another UK business but they only do T5/T6. It's a big loss to the scene as the Danbury team were always very helpful, I spoke e with one of them who remembered spraying my van 15 years previously!
Back to top Go down
Leemundo

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 pm

I didn’t know that Purple. It explains the lack of email response. What a shame.
Thanks for the extra info.
L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with any information on my 1999 Bay   Help with any information on my 1999 Bay Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with any information on my 1999 Bay
Page 1 of 1