brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
exuptoy

Cabin : Club

Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. Empty
PostSubject: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 5:34 pm

Looking to build an EPS steering set up but don’t wanna cut my column. Anyone with a spare for sale?

You can get me on here or at Ldarkes@yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Bandyrooks

Bandyrooks

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 11:05 am

Hi,

Have you considered getting the Litesteer system fitted? I'm not a salesman, I promise, but I have one fitted to Juniper It's excellent, and I don't believe it requires any disassembly or modification to the existing column.

Bandyrooks

Bumble likes this post

Back to top Go down
exuptoy

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 11:45 am

The Litesteer one uses the Corsa C EPS column which requires that you cut and modify the original. It’s made as one piece with the steering box attached at the end. There’s a bit of difference between £1500 and less than £150 for the parts to carry this out. I could purchase the column from JK but at £450 it gets me closer to the Litesteer price. If I can’t source one I’ll probably bite the bullet at some point and get one from Neil.
Thanks for the thought.
Cheers
Lyn

Favguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Favguy

Favguy

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 12:21 pm

exuptoy wrote:
The Litesteer one uses the Corsa C EPS column which requires that you cut and modify the original. It’s made as one piece with the steering box attached at the end. There’s a bit of difference between £1500 and less than £150 for the parts to carry this out. I could purchase the column from JK but at £450 it gets me closer to the Litesteer price. If I can’t source one I’ll probably bite the bullet at some point and get one from Neil.
Thanks for the thought.
Cheers
Lyn

I'm all for DIY to save on the high part costs of our buses. How did you discover the litesteer is using the Corsa column out of interest? Would also be interested to know what your plans for controlling the assistance are, as the litesteer backs off support to zero at a certain speed, (can't recall how fast at present)
Back to top Go down
exuptoy

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 7:26 pm

The pics on his site have enough indicators to determine that. Also where the original EPS ECU sits the housing has been removed and a long sleeve tube looks to have been manufactured and a lower support fitted internally and bolted around the tube.
Most ppl who fit the Corsa EPS use a potentiometer so they can manually dial in the assistance or you can purchase an interface that use a speed reference, but I have an interface from Portugal that plugs into the EPS controller using the feedback wires from the speed reference from the Corsa ECU which uses GPS to determine the required assistance. It’s plug and play. You just require a 50 amp supply for the column and a 12v feed to the GPS interface.
Back to top Go down
exuptoy

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 7:46 pm

I’m not trying to detract from Neils work and I’m not expecting support from him and if I hadn’t been asked I wouldn’t be posting this here. I’m an engineer, I make things. I have welding and lathe access and the ability to use them. I’m just trying to save a little money.
Here’s the comparison. The torque sensor is on the back of the columns in the piccy below and is exactly as designed by Vauxhall. The controller usually lives on the lower bracket but it’s been relocated in the Litesteer offering to get rid of the bulk.
Also ppl who have done this conversion only carry out the conversion using the fixed column. The tilting one adds too much stuff. This is reflected in used prices as the tilting column doesn’t fetch much.

Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. 50-D76-CBB-9-CAA-4556-A85-C-6212611-ED146

Favguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
exuptoy

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 7:56 pm

Here’s the Bus column. You can see it’s one piece and will certainly require chopping up to work. It’s just an engineering exercise. I’m not set on building it just yet as my bus is in my mates garage getting bodywork sorted. Once it’s home I’ll have a look at my column and make a decision at the point. I may still use Litesteer yet?

Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. F2-D9-BE58-143-B-4841-8086-CB00-A0309875
Back to top Go down
lukevk

lukevk

Cabin : Exec 083

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 12:07 pm

Do you still need a spare steering box/column. I have a used one here that you could experiment with. Luke

exuptoy likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.vankampers.co.uk/brazilian-vw-t2-kombi-spares/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.   Steering column required for 07 BraziBay. Empty

Back to top Go down

Steering column required for 07 BraziBay.
Page 1 of 1