brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'

Go down 
+10
Dilly
Ian Mac
irishman
dartmoor
Baydreamer
Kev
jj123vw
Scooby
chairboy_paul
TimV
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' Empty
PostSubject: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 am

The latest version of the Transporter Concept was shown this week in Geneva. Named the Bulli - an original nickname for the T2 - it has generally been met with disappointment in comparison with the 2001 Microbus Concept.

I agree with this general view. To me it's nothing more than a remodelled Touran. I fail to see how this could be a practical recreational vehicle in the same way our Kombis are.

Have a look .... what are your thoughts?

Auto Express - Geneva Report

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' Melogo11

Last edited by TimV on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chairboy_paul

chairboy_paul

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 am

yuck.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:46 am

Sorry . . . No No No

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 am

too small for a start.............
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am

Not what I expected Mad We need to see Bulli's big brother!

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:35 pm

its a bit like one of those kia postman pat cars!! not really big enough for camper mode by the looks of it but i fear might inspire a larger version at a later date.
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 pm

VW already has a contemporary camper van - its called the T5 California!

The concept here is the size of a Polo - looks like a take of the Fiat Multipla - only marginally less ugly!
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Can't see the point really, won't catch on. Mad
Back to top Go down
Ian Mac

Ian Mac

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

I agree with most of the above. However, wasn't part of the appeal of the split screen type two the fact that it took the same floor space as a beetle?
Back to top Go down
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 am

I cant see it taking off personally. I do like the ipad dock if only there was a way to put it in bertha......
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 am

Dilly wrote:
I do like the ipad dock if only there was a way to put it in bertha......

There's always a way. Cool

Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Ian Mac

Ian Mac

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:56 am

VW is such a vastly different animal in the 21st century. Like the yokel, when asked how to get to Yeovil, said "Iwouldn't start from here".
Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:10 pm

no comment because im not allowed to swear on this forum

Ex-Brazilian, T5 driver  flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:17 pm

I stopped next to an 11 plate Touran today. My son and I were both in agreement that the Bulli is simply a new version of that and nothing else. The T5 California is the modern camper.

Thank goodness we've got our Kombis to enjoy.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dean&jo

dean&jo

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 pm

i havent read any of the official blurb so im unsure where the Bulli is aimed, but i wholly agree Tim, the T5 Cali is the modern camper. (and i rather like them!)

Ex-Brazilian, T5 driver  flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.beetleburner.weebly.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Seems to be a lot of people saying they dont like the new concept 'Bulli' ! Still Im sure they would sell but it all depends on the final spec / look / price. Ive had lots of e mails from people saying they dont like it and prefer the T2 which is good for us all on here! I must also say that the new version of the T5 is a far improvement to the old model T5 and we are selling more than ever we did before..... What ever happened to the bigger concept 'camper' version (not T5) they talked about all those years ago? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 pm

If you're referring to the 2001 Microbus Jason - it got ditched as they didn't think it would sell in Europe! Madness.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Maybe Porsche management will sort them out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daz

Daz

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Bulli is a bit dissapointing. Doesn't look big enough for conversion to a camper. I doubt if you could even squeeze a rock and roll bed in the back! Has anyone got any photos of the '2001 Microbus concept' talked about above. First I'd heard about it but it would be interesting to see what it looked like.

SOLD 2003 Brazilian VW Bay Danbury Rio SOLD
Back to top Go down
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Daz wrote:
Bulli is a bit dissapointing. Doesn't look big enough for conversion to a camper. I doubt if you could even squeeze a rock and roll bed in the back! Has anyone got any photos of the '2001 Microbus concept' talked about above. First I'd heard about it but it would be interesting to see what it looked like.

That'd be this one then: http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2001-microbus_concept/
Back to top Go down
Daz

Daz

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Bloke_Off_The_Internet wrote:
Daz wrote:

That'd be this one then: http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2001-microbus_concept/

Cheers... better than the Bulli.... still prefer the Type 2 Smile

SOLD 2003 Brazilian VW Bay Danbury Rio SOLD
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 am

You cannot beat a Bay - early, late or indeed The Very Late Bay Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'   Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper' Empty

Back to top Go down

Volkswagen disappoints with new 'camper'
Page 1 of 1