brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Vdubs and camping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dartmoor

dartmoor

Cabin : Club

Vdubs and camping Empty
PostSubject: Vdubs and camping   Vdubs and camping EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi folks,

As I think I previously posted I am an imposter here as I crossed over last December and bought a T5 Bilbo conversion having said my sad farewells to my Brazi T2.

Well, the T5 has been my daily driver, but we have only just completed our first camping trip in it. So I thought I would post a reflection on the VDubs and camping having worked my way from a T25, to a Brazi T2 to a T5.

1. The most roomey for camping? Well, T25 definitely, followed by T2 and last place T5. The T5 is the biggest exterior dimensions, but loses oh so badly by having that diesel lump up front
Crying or Very sad

2. The best on the road? Sorry, reverse order. T5 wins as quietest, with best steering, safety, and handling that is so predictable and car like. T25 second for its rack and pinion, and sadly T2 last for high noise, nasty gearbox, vibration, no ABS and frankly quirky and sometimes frightening steering.

3. The best looker? Well T2 has it by a mile. No dispute there at all. Then T25 (as long as it is not a horrible high top), and last place T5

4. Maintenance? Well T5 wins by two miles! Galvanised steel with no rust issues to worry about. T25 second for superbly strong chassis, and T2 last I am afraid for the worrisome need to buy copius amounts of waxoyl and fret over road salt!

5. Economy? Well depends. I guess if you have a watercooled T2, the that is about on a par with the 3 ton T5 lugged around by the 2010 VW new diesel train. Airccoled and T25 got to be the worst by a mile.

So I miss my T2 for the surprising fact that it is actually a better camper room wise than a T5, and for its great timeless looks. However, as no hassle bus I am happy with my T5. VW should think about this for any new concept camper. The original rear engined layout undoubtedly provided the very best living space for a camper.

Just a final thought - anyone used Cool Camping books? Two out of two recommended sites were superb!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/75/40/photo-10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

Vdubs and camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vdubs and camping   Vdubs and camping EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am

Hi, I totally agree with everything there, we started with a T25 then a 72 bay then went to new T4 then to a Autocruise motorhome then back to a T25 now a Brazzy Bay. The T4 great reliability trouble free motoring and service every 20k miles, the motor home big mistake, the T25 was superb even though engine blew twice it was simple to work on. Then came the Brazzy Bay with all its little problems we still think it the best van we have ever bought it just makes us smile and everyone around us where ever we go. Tim
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Vdubs and camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vdubs and camping   Vdubs and camping EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:03 pm

We looked at an all singing, all dancing T4 before we got our T2 Kombi. Yes it was nice to drive but, we felt that if we ever parked up next to a T2 we would be lovingly looking at it thinking, 'thats what we wanted'. Also it didn't have the grin factor, it just wasn't a volkswagon, if you know what i mean.

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Vdubs and camping Img_2014
Back to top Go down
dartmoor

dartmoor

Vdubs and camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vdubs and camping   Vdubs and camping EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:32 am

Matt wrote:
We looked at an all singing, all dancing T4 before we got our T2 Kombi. Yes it was nice to drive but, we felt that if we ever parked up next to a T2 we would be lovingly looking at it thinking, 'thats what we wanted'. Also it didn't have the grin factor, it just wasn't a volkswagon, if you know what i mean.

Yes, I know what you mean. Really the brand VW means aircooled and/or rear engined when you look at what is iconic about it. The whole range now has almost nothing in common with that heritage. I am grateful to all you guys for enhancing campsites and summer traffic in the South West with T2's. I love the look and sound of them - nice one in Combe Martin, Devon last week - was that anyone here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vdubs and camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vdubs and camping   Vdubs and camping Empty

Back to top Go down

Vdubs and camping
Page 1 of 1