brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

parking ticket!!!!!

Go down 
+3
pastymaster
kiteman
Baydreamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

Cabin : Club

parking ticket!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 pm

dont laugh but i parked up today and got my parking ticket. it comes with a detachable one for a refund once you go inthe gym (alright one a year is just about right!!!) which i duly got. On returning i found a parking ticket on the windscreen. After thinking it must have blown off the windscreen i couldnt find the thing!! thought i was going mad until i after i started driving i could hear a flicker coming from the dash!!!it had fallen through the air vent duct on the dash!! im going to appeal and hope that someone has a sense of humour to let me off but just be aware that tickets can slip through the smallest of slots in the dash so make sure on your travels your ticket sticks to the windscreen!!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Had a similar problem with my car. Appealed agaist the parking ticket and showed them the ticket I had brought.
The warden took a picture of the front screen showing the ticket wasn't clearly visable, so I still got the fine Mad
The ticket had slipped down the front of the dash behind the tax disc, visable if you looked properly Mad

________________________________________________________________________________
parking ticket!!!!! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

That is shocking. Not fair at all Kiteman Mad

If you had a valid ticket that should be enough, although I suppose they will just say you got it from another car parked on the car park (or something like that).

Evil or Very Mad

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:14 am

Bad luck guys. We got one recently for parking in a drop off zone for about 100 seconds whilst delivering my 5 year old son to his swimming lesson (right outside the leisure centre door) . The warden must have watched the whole thing hiding round the corner! We got a letter from the centre's manager saying he felt it was OK and we were only walking him to the door for safety but they gave it to us anyway! We appealed and went on line (lots of forums to help on line!) and found out he had issued the ticket as 'not parked properly between the marked lines' and as this was incorrect (your not alloweed to park in a drop off zone full stop!) we won! Happy days Mr. Warden cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

Hee hee.....Whilst walking under a ladder with a black cat crossing the pavement and a magpie watching me on the 13th of the month Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

well ive put in my appeal and ill let you all know how i get on. My gut feeling is i will have to pay the fine as it was not technically on display but i live in hope that someone at the authority is human and will let me off!!!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:50 pm

OK Baydreamer - and now we are back in the real world - when it comes through pay up promptly would be our advice

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 am

Yes im going to pay within the timescale scooby as its cheaper but they allow a delay if you have appealed so Ill just wait and see. I agree that I dont think I will win as the ticket wasnt visible in full but its always worth a go.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 am

Fingers crossed - this may be the exception to the rule

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am

Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue Seagull

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 pm

You just have to hope that the head of parking appeals at your local council isn't a member of this forum and reading your confessions online...... though if they are a member of this forum and a fellow bay owner, they should uphold your appeal out of solidarity anyway!

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm

there is someone human out there!!! i won my appeal :-)

I refer to your recent appeal against the above Penalty Charge Notice.

I note that you have submitted details of a valid Pay and Display ticket in support of your appeal and the charge has been cancelled.

I would like to advise that the Penalty Charge Notice was issued correctly as although there was a ticket in your vehicle; this ticket was only partly visible. The enforcement officer is unable to ascertain the validity of the ticket unless all the relevant details are clearly visible.

Although the circumstances of each Penalty Charge Notice are investigated individually the criteria used by the parking division to assess appeals would normally allow only one occasion for a cancellation on the above basis.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 pm

RESULT Basketball

I'm even more annoyed that I still had to pay mine now.

parking ticket!!!!! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Great stuff Baydreamer.

It's only fair you should be left off, but still its great news! Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Good stuff and well done! cheers
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Well done Baydreamer Cool

Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 pm

1:0 for the Bays! sunny

Like a Star @ heaven Rennsemmel Like a Star @ heaven ('Racing Roll')
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

cheers everyone!!! every little helps!!
my pleading letter and photos of me with tweasers getting the ticket out must of helped!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: parking ticket!!!!!   parking ticket!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

parking ticket!!!!!
Page 1 of 1