brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel

Go down 
+3
Matt
eddy
TimV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Autoexpress recently held an online poll to gauge opinion on motorway speed limits and road tax. Unsurprisingly the raising of the national speed limit to 80mph is highly desired but also people want road tax to be put on fuel - to create a pay as you go system. I've thought this should be the way we are taxed for our road use for years. The DfT are now allegedly running a 'any rules that can be scrapped will be scrapped' policy and are looking at these recent suggestions.

For anyone here who only uses their Kombi for pleasure trips this change in payment for road tax would surely be welcome. However I wonder how much it would affect those of us who use them daily and have the slightly more thirsty aircooled variant? You cheeky AquaBay drivers could be quids in.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Melogo11
Back to top Go down
eddy

eddy

Cabin : Exec 014

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 pm

it will be a crafty move if brouight in together as encouraging higher speed = less mpg = more tax in the coffers. also with som many new vehicles coming on the market with low emissions and receiving low tax or no tax this must be the way it goes?

eddy
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:54 pm

I think that any further tax that raises the price of fuel even higher would not be popular and would not get much support with the public.

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Matt wrote:
I think that any further tax that raises the price of fuel even higher would not be popular and would not get much support with the public.

I think they'd have to rethink the tax on fuel element anyway, considering it makes up such a vast amount of the cost of today's fuel.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Melogo11
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm sure we'll all still get screwed over what ever they do.
You won't need to raise the fuel cost by much before it gets more expensive than buying a yearly tax.

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm

As we all know no matter how much they put up the cost of fuel, we will moan and groan about it, but ultimately pay up! What choice is there, I can't give up me 'van', have to drive it everyday, keeps me smiling ( don't care what my 'green' neighbours say!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 pm

As Kiteman says they will screw us over any way they can. Ah well, its just a fact of life I suppose.

I'll have to start driving the van everyday just for better fuel economy Laughing. Irishman has the right attitude, keep smiling Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 pm

We often thought if it was put on to fuel there would be no tax disc dodgers, no need for admin costs in printing & issuing, no need to check vehicles had one etc. The cost could be based on average mileage for the average user (whoever that might be). In short, the more you use your vehicle, the more you use the roads, the more you pay - a simple "Pay to Play" scheme Wink

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel   Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel Empty

Back to top Go down

Higher National Speed Limit and Road Tax on Fuel
Page 1 of 1